Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isopure experience?

I like the Isopure for the non-creamy flavors (apple melon), because its nice to have something that doesn't taste like a shake sometimes. You just have to get used to the "tannins" (I'm not sure what to call them, but they leave a thin coating in your mouth). It has pretty much the same amount of Protein per serving as anything else, so if you don't like the taste use something different. In fact generally all of the Proteins are going look pretty similar on the nutritional label (the ones called "Whey Protein Isolate" are going to have maybe one less gram of carbs).

I'm a big fan of MyProtein.com (they sell only their brand) for my mix of "shake" flavors (Canadian Maple, Salted Caramel, and Banana). Regardless of brand I would also recommend getting some unflavored as well because after surgery when you are making extra thick shakes it will help you reduce the sweetness.

I went with Unjury, which was recommended by some folks here. It doesn't seem to taste at all, which is ideal. You can't order it from Amazon or find it in stores as far as I know. But it's on their site, priced reasonably (for what it is anyway) and they ship fast.

Really though, everyone is going to swear the one they use is best. That is standard. The only one I warn against is GENEPRO, which claims to have 30 grams of Protein per tablespoon... and there are 14.3 grams in a tablespoon. Some folks here love that one too and swear it's great, but that one makes me wary.

I have GENEPRO and it says 30g per “scoop” ....there is clearly a sticker over the old label! 😳 that does make me nervous now...

I should clarify what I’m asking about is the Isopure clear liquid drinks. They say 40g per bottle whereas premier clear says 20g

Edited by M0214

2 minutes ago, M0214 said:

I have GENEPRO and it says 30g per “scoop” ....there is clearly a sticker over the old label! 😳 that does make me nervous now...

I should clarify what I’m asking about is the Isopure clear liquid drinks. They say 40g per bottle whereas premier clear says 20g

Well the Isopure bottles are 20oz bottles and I think the Premier are 10-11oz. The difference is the size not the Protein density. They are all going to be pretty much the same.

I liked Isopure fine. It was a nice break from normal shake textures and flavors. I can’t eemember which flavor I had but it was red? :P

1 hour ago, M0214 said:

Ah, got it. My bad. I haven't had the Isopure clear drinks. I went with Protein2o, which I liked pretty well.

Tried a couple flavors. Coconut and blue raspberry I think? Didn't like them at all. Wish I did, though, because they have so much protein!

Bought 6 bottles of the blue raspberry but it left a nasty after taste that I couldn't handle. Ended up giving the other 5 bottles to my nutritionist for other patients to try. Do like the premiere clear fruit though. No after taste for me. Everyone's different though and I'm sure some people love it. Good luck

The aftertaste is almost unbearable. I tried lemonade, lemonade-green tea, blue raspberry, fruit punch and grape. Grape was the most bearable, but only could stomach half.

Start my clear liquid pre-op next week. Anyone using Isopure? I’m reading it’s nasty but it has twice as much Protein as Premier Clear so....

I hated it! I purchased 6 bottles pre surgery and I still have 5 bottles in my fridge ( I'm almost 1 year post surgery [emoji23]) I did homemade Bone Broth after surgery as my clear protien. Plus keep in mind your not gonna take in much with exception of Water & broth the first few weeks [emoji41]

HW: 247 VSG:6/1/17 CW:177(03/17/18) GW:185🙄

I have a small container of off brand. sf Gelatin cup. Should get the dumb thing out and pitch it. Ate the other flavors but this tasted like cheap cough Syrup. Plus I dropped the brother of it on the floor and it bounced into the corner of the room. Do I want THAT in my tummy?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

22 hours ago, frust8 said:

Is the aftertaste any worse than too strong tea? I think there are tannins there also.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't dislike the taste. The "tannins" I was referring to aren't actual tannins, they just give you a weird coating in your mouth. It's the trade-off for having a lot of Protein and not tasting like a milky shake.