Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bloated and Can’t Eat.

On 3/10/2018 at 11:44 AM, FluffyChix said:

Hahaha! I was just gonna ask this!!!

TMI, but it took me about 6-8 "good size" poops to clear out from the pre-surgery liquid diet blues. I kid you not!!!! And today I had a small one and I was like, "Whatchoo hidin' in there Willis that I don't know about. I know you've got more for me, cuz it's been 3 days and about 2 1/2cups of solid food." ROFLMFAO!!!

Hope the doc's fix has you feeling better and able to hydrate quickly! It sounds like EXACTLY what I had that sent me to the ER. Severe cramps even when taking a sip of Water or ice chip and super nausea/bloating. ((hugs))

SosewSue & Fluffy - I think y'all were right. I think I was backed up but my doctor never mentioned that could be it. I was told to go back on Clear Liquids and take it slow. I was bloated and cramping for a good 5 days there. I broke down and took some milk of magnesia a few times and after 2 days, I finally felt some relief. On Monday I finally had yogurt and applesauce again without incident. Thank goodness! Like another member has commented, I feel like you think you know how things are going and then bam, something pops up and you don't know what's going on. But thankfully it wasn't anything serious!! Just poop!!

On 3/10/2018 at 11:03 PM, Mhy12784 said:

Any chance its lactose intolerance ?

Yogurt, pudding, Protein powder/shakes all lactose intolerance nightmares

And the bloating/cramping are telltale symptoms

Not to mention lactose intolerance is common after WLS

I was doing fine with the pudding and shakes for a week. I hope it's not lactose intolerance, but it's certainly a possibility. Since I've felt better I had pudding without any upset stomach. I'm so relieved. If I do become lactose intolerant I will be so pissed!!! LOL I will definitely look out for this.

LOL, just goes to show you--we're all full of poop! :D

Glad the trains are back running on time! :)