Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Somthing Happened and I almost went to the Emergency Room

Yesterday. I was chewing on some fish that I had put in the blender to soften it even more. And It felt like it got stuck in my chest. I tried to drink Water but it wouldnt let me swallow, I even couldnt swallow my spit. I almost went to the hospital and then it gave a little bit. What the heck was it?

Also what is PBing mean? And how do you know if your clogged?

Thanks in Advanced

Brian

I have not had this but from what I have heard that sounds like you possibly can not handle fish yet. PB is productive burping (mini pukes).

How long since your surgery? If you've already had a fill, you may be too tight. Too date, fortunately I haven't had a problem with any kind food. If I did, I'd probably react the same way. Have you been OK since? Oh, I was banded almost 8 weeks ago.

Yesterday. I was chewing on some fish that I had put in the blender to soften it even more. And It felt like it got stuck in my chest. I tried to drink Water but it wouldnt let me swallow, I even couldnt swallow my spit. I almost went to the hospital and then it gave a little bit. What the heck was it?

Also what is PBing mean? And how do you know if your clogged?

Thanks in Advanced

Brian

OHHH I had this happen to me . First off DONT DO THAT AGAIN .

if you feel like your stuck DO NOT DRINK After wards it will make things worse . That is why they tell you to not drink after you eat , becasue things will not go down , even Water . Or I should say they CAN Not go down .... Im assuming your recently banded since your putting things in a blender to soften them up ?

What you experienced was bascially a PB . Or you got stuck.

A PB is a productive burb A nice way of throwing up . After what you just went threw you should #1 call your doc and explain to them what happened , he will most likely tell you that you need to go on liquids for a day or so .

When I had this happen to me I seriously thought i was going to DIE , i could not breathe, and the liquid would not go down . It soon all came back up .... ..

I hope that helps ..

Mindy

I had my Surgrey on the 10th of October. No Fills. Doctor said White Soft Fish was okay.

I dont know what it was But my stomach has been hurting a little bit. I think its alot mental too. I dont want to get blockage or a nything like that. I will go on liquids the next few days. And Maybe some yogurt or pudding.

I had my Surgrey on the 10th of October. No Fills. Doctor said White Soft Fish was okay.

I dont know what it was But my stomach has been hurting a little bit. I think its alot mental too. I dont want to get blockage or a nything like that. I will go on liquids the next few days. And Maybe some yogurt or pudding.

What happened when i did it was explained like this . you ate , what ever you ate was sitting on top of your stoma , you probably got a little stuck. The liquid had no where to go because the food you ate was sitting on top of your stoma . Therefore it felt as if the liquid could not go through because in actuality it could not the food was blocking it. If your stomach is hurting after this incident that's "normal" My chest hurt for about 3 days . It was VERY traumatic for me . PBing and getting stuck can cause swelling, that is why you need to be on liquids for at least 24 hours after each incident. i would call your doc tomorrow and let him know what happened. Docs require different things after getting stuck. in actuality what probably happened , with out even realizing it is you probably did not chew you food well enough or took too big of bite or ate too fast. When I did it I didnt chew well enough THEN Took the drink of Water . BIG NO NO ...

I guarantee you when you tell your doc what happened he's gonna say " dont do that again " LOL

Mindy

I learned that hard lesson....NEVER NEVER NEVER try to "wash down" something that is stuck. It works on a regular gut, but not on ours. All it does is throw liquid in to float on top of the already stuck stuff....it just makes the clog worse.

I learned that hard lesson....NEVER NEVER NEVER try to "wash down" something that is stuck. It works on a regular gut, but not on ours. All it does is throw liquid in to float on top of the already stuck stuff....it just makes the clog worse.

Agree with Kacee,It makes it worse and does not help .

Probably makes things hurt worse too.

After I did that the middle of my chest hurt for 3 days.

Mindy

I had the same thing happen this weekend. I ate too fast and it was too dry. After I pulled myself back together, etc...a few hours later I was still feeling some discomfort, and drank some pineapple juice to get it all "moving" the way it should. From what I have read on the forum there is some type of enzyme in pineapple juice that helps when food gets stuck, and it did help! I did follow up on liquids on Sunday and am doing liquids today as well.