Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not taking my vitamins

I take chewable Flintstones with Iron because I am anemic/low ferritin and my surgeon just told me to take them twice a day instead of once. When I am through with this liquid diet I can go back to my calcium citrate with vit d and magnesium supplements, but otherwise I don't have to take anything else. I am just a couple weeks out from surgery so I assume I'm doing OK.

I use Tespo Vitamins. They have a bariatric version and i picked that up. I have only heard good things about it. I am only in my first month, so I dont have blood work results yet. But I get to skip taking pills, which is nice and it works toward getting in my Water. :)

On 2/27/2018 at 4:19 PM, Lilly___ said:

So I know I'm throwing myself under the bus, but I just had to post this.

I am currently 10 weeks out and have only taken my Vitamins (Vitamin D, Iron, B12, Biotin) the first week ONLY. But I have been taking my Multivitamin gummies daily at least 9 times out of 10. I know all of the negatives that come from not taking Vitamins but I still can't stomach any of them, they're either way to big or I gag and feel a burning sensation in my tummy almost immediately. And I think the fact that I have energy day to day, have no issue with hair loss and stuff has made me feel like it's not that bad that I'm not taking them, and yes I do know that it is bad reasoning and that the problems will arise long term.

I will definitely do a Vitamin package test soon to see if I am lacking with any of them which I am sure I am, I just haven't found a time with work and school. I guess my question is have any of you not taken your vitamins religiously? How did it affect you? And this maybe a silly question but does it affect weight loss at all?

TIA

I haven’t been taking mine regularly I constantly forget. I had surgery January 18 that’s probably only take my vitamins 15 times. Life is busy time to set a reminder alarm.

22 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I haven’t been taking mine regularly I constantly forget. I had surgery January 18 that’s probably only take my Vitamins 15 times. Life is busy time to set a reminder alarm.

I have the same problem if I don't set an alarm. I have to offset the multi's (2x a day) and the Calcium (3x a day, but 2 hours away from each other and the multis). I carry a baggy with the days pills at all times and have alarms on my phone for each Vitamin. Even with that I forget a couple a week and have to try and catch up... huge pain, but I'd rather carry a baggie of vitamins than 60 extra LBS ;-)

I struggle taking my Vitamins as well. I need to take them on a full stomach or else they make me nauseous.