Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well ,answer the traditional questions. Are you taking in enough fluids? Are you sticking to your diet plan? Remember to avoid slider foods and sneaky carbohydrates. Are you getting enough exercise? If you live like me in the Midwest or Northeast, haven't been outside much to do your walking, haven't been or don't have access to a gym, are you exercising or walking inside? If you've been a good lady and probably you have, remember muscle weighs more than puffy fluffy fat. Involve your family, I made my. slightly plump son get up and exercise to one of my senior citizen tapes, groaned a little but did it. I have a BMI of 47, still presurg, I'm going to a Seminar at OSU in 2 weeks, he wanted to go too. They asked if he would be a candidate also? Yeah his BMI is 37, has a 18 inch collar(which is an indicator of apnea) snores like a flippin grizzly bear, I have a diagnosis of sleep apnea as did his grandfather, my late daddy. Hasn't been formally diagnosed but if he gets one WLS could be in his future as well. I have done prerequirements already but I'm switching programs so even if they accept all of my paperwork I have to attend this presentation. Don't know why my stuff wouldn't be accepted, I did even more than was previously needed. Ah we shall see on the flip side what happens. Don't give up, your body might be regrouping and then you'll drop some more. There is still hope!! Also you were a renovation, not a virgin surgery person, it's well-known they lose at a slower rate but they do still lose. Buck up Buckaroo, it's gonna be alright.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Im having my revision to 2006 surgery 3/20

Sent from my LG-TP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

I think you are doing great. If you don't know, weight loss from sleeve to bypass is slower. Dr Matthew Weiner (bariatric surgeon) has a video on you tube specifically on revisions.

I'm waiting for my revision date right now. Did you revise because of acid reflux?

Im having the stitchover has anyone had this done?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

Had my sleeve in Nov 2016. Down from 334 lbs to 182 lbs, not too far from my goal weight. Have another appointment with my surgeon on Friday. Been having severe nausea and some discomfort in chest since the sleeve 15 months ago. It has gotten progressively worse until the last 2 months where I can't even eat solids without severe chest pain and nausea, so I avoid them altogether now. Had an endoscopy a few weeks ago, no stricture, just erosions. At that time my surgeon said he didn't think he would have to do a revision. Now I am starting to wonder.

Did your surgeon say you are having acid reflux??? If he is not suggesting a revision and you're not having reflux, why are you having those symptoms?

2 hours ago, animallover1247 said:

Did your surgeon say you are having acid reflux??? If he is not suggesting a revision and you're not having reflux, why are you having those symptoms?

Yes, bad acid reflux and doctor says that it has caused the erosions. That, along with other probs that it is causing are the reason for the possible revision.

Edited by mylighthouse
Typo

I'm right there with you. waiting on a surgery date right now. I am on Dexilant, Protonix, carafate and Zantac Athough it may seem impossible, my reflux NEVER EVER stops. It is worse at times than others; eating is hell. Scared to death of bypass but I don't have any choice at this point.

I had Bravo testing done and my DeeMeester score was 85.5. Anything over 14.72 indicates reflux so mine is really high. In the words of my surgeon "if acid were cancer, yours would be a stage 4."

Edited by animallover1247
add info

Holy cow, that's awful.

I haven't had those tests done, so I don't know where my reflux reading is, but like you, I pretty much have it all the time. My surgeon currently has me doubling the dose of Protonix.

Sorry to hear about your issues, but glad that you are working towards a resolution with the upcoming surgery in the works. Hopefully, life after the revision will be much better!

Edited by mylighthouse

1 minute ago, mylighthouse said:

Holy cow, that's awful.

I haven't had those tests done, so I don't know where my reflux reading is, but like you, I pretty much have it all the time. My surgeon currently has me doubling the dose of Protonix.

Sorry to hear about your issues, but glad that you are working towards a resolution with the upcoming surgery in the works. Hopefully, life after the revision will be much better!

I sure hope so. I actually had other complications from the sleeve in which I had additional surgeries. So this will be my third surgery in one year in addition to all of the tests I had to go through. Manometry testing is not fun! Hoping my life will be better soon cause it's been hell for two years, one week and five days

Let me know what your Dr says

Yikes! So sorry to hear that and i really feel for you. I can relate to you w/all the surgeries, as this will be my 5th one in 3 years. Most recent was gallbladder, which was a breeze for me, but I also had an open hernia surgery in June 2017 that gave me a lot of problems.

I see why you said that you're scared of the bypass, if that's what my resolution will be, then I think I will have that same feeling...among other feelings. Mainly, one more surgery to get through just sounds exhausting. The whole entire process, including more medical bills and stress on an already stressed body. Ah, well, now I am just complaining. Something tells me that you understand though. It is like you said, sounds like you don't have much of a choice other than to go the revision route.

Yes, I will let you know what the doc says. Let me know when you get a surgery date as well and take care until then!

Edited by mylighthouse
Stupid fingers!

Glad to know someone understands! Yes the other stressors are a lot as well. It's a financial toll for sure. My surgeon is 3 hours away. So with all the tests, surgeries, appts, gas, tolls, hotel rooms, etc it has added up financially. Oh I forgot my 3 day hospital stay a few months ago . I'm whining now. Luckily I have decent insurance so it could be worse.

You take care as well. Talk to you soon