Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Swedez716 said:

Mine is not necessarily a liquid diet, which surprised me. It is broken down into 5 small meals/snacks a day for two weeks- 1 meal consists of 4 oz of lean Protein, 3 serving non-starchy vegetables, and two servings of fat. The other 4 meals/ Snacks are either a Protein Shake of some sort, Protein Bar, or Greek yogurt/cottage cheese.

Wow, lucky! Mine is full liquid, and only 1 approved protien bar a day.

I was really surprised, as I was expecting full liquid. I most likely will be doing a lot of shakes. I already do them, especially in the morning, as I am not a Breakfast eater. I think I may try some of the ready to drink premier shakes, I keep reading and hearing good things about them. I currently use Lean shake from GNC. I bought a couple of those Torani sugar free syrups, so I can have a variety of flavors.

I have a surgery date for April 9th, 2018. My doctor only requires 2 days of liquid diet. But since he’s requiring me to lose weight Before my surgery date, I’ve been drinking the premier Proteins as well & one high Protein low carb meal. Next week I’ll start on a liquid diet im putting myself on to see if I can lose a little more weight and prepare myself for after surgery.

8 hours ago, star2017 said:

Yes it is!! I'm so excited to find a few people with the same day, we def need to keep one another updated. Do either of you have to do the full 14 day liquid diet? I start the 27th.

I haven't been given all pre-op instructions, but I would anticipate a pre-op liquid diet. Not sure how long it will be, but I can reasonably expect the 14 days.

My surgery is April 5th. Thanks for the review of Premiere shakes. I've been reading horror stories of the other chalky, gritty ones out there. I'm getting nervous and excited at the same time.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:29 PM, Kat0000 said:

Hi, I am new here too. I have my 1st INFO meeting Wednesday Feb 21 st. I was refferred by my PCM. We are military so all this will take place in FT STEWART, Ga. I was very suprised with a phone call the day after my referral. Its was from General Surgery dept to set up the info meeting. I found out we have a few nutritional visits , blood work, and psych eval then meet with surgeon. I also have a fit husband of 22 yrs who is very supportive. I will tell my mom and my adult girls when the time is closer. My mom loves me but can be quite negative. So it would be great to have friends thru this journey. It will be a little while before i know a date. Have to get a gew things done 1st.

I am military as well, we're at Benning. Left Stewart about a year ago after being there for 5 years. The process took about 5 months for me, but they are very thorough and ensure that you are set up for success. I wish you all the best!

My husband and I are both scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery April 9. Yep, both of us on the same day!! We’ve been married for 18 years, we own our own business together and feel like this is just another adventure in our lives. I’ve read many posts and feel like I connect with y’all for many reasons. We also live in Georgia and haven’t told many people as family members tend to be critical and not supportive in others aspects of our lives. Our insurance policy does not cover bariatric surgery so we are self pay. This is good and bad. Good in that we are on the super fast track but bad because we don’t have access to the months of training provided as part of the ins requirements.

My surgery date is April 17, Happy Anniversary to my wife! I asked about a liquid diet requirement since that is something I had seen in a lot of the research I did. My surgeon doesn't require it. I have done liquid diets in the past for various medical reasons and it can be a pain! I have lost 64 pounds since I started this entire process last October. I wish everyone having surgery good luck and I am glad I found this forum!!

My date is April 30th, have to do two weeks of liquid diet. Can’t wait to get to the other side!

3 hours ago, curvylady said:

My husband and I are both scheduled for gastric sleeve surgery April 9. Yep, both of us on the same day!! We’ve been married for 18 years, we own our own business together and feel like this is just another adventure in our lives. I’ve read many posts and feel like I connect with y’all for many reasons. We also live in Georgia and haven’t told many people as family members tend to be critical and not supportive in others aspects of our lives. Our insurance policy does not cover bariatric surgery so we are self pay. This is good and bad. Good in that we are on the super fast track but bad because we don’t have access to the months of training provided as part of the ins requirements.

I'm in a very similar situation. Surgery on April 9th and also self-pay so I've had to make my own pre-surgery plan beyond my surgeons recommendation.

A couple in Florida did the same thing earlier this month. I think it is such a cool thing to do together. Warning: your guy may lose faster than you. It goes way back in evolution to the fact women could be incubating a new generation so we are set up Not to deplete our fat stores so quickly just in case. At my age (72) it seems a moot point but that's how we are engineered. But you will both lose, have increased lifetimes together. feel fitter, healthier and of course thinner. I pray God's richest blessings on both your journeys. Update us all after your Date With Destiny, okay?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Wow! I feel so welcome already. Today is my first time posting as I’ve been waiting to find a group that I felt I could connect with. Thank you, thank you for welcoming me/us with open arms. I am so excited to be on this journey with the love of my life but also with all of you as we support each other through every step of this new endeavor.

My husband and I begin our WLS journey January 23 at our first bariatric visit. It was so nice to actually be treated like a “ normal human being” by our doctor/surgeon. There wasn’t the uncomfortable feeling of being incredibly overweight and someone looking down on you for it.

A little about us… I am 45 years old and my husband is 50 years old and we live in Atlanta, Georgia. We have two beautiful daughters age 15 and 11. We own our own business so that means that we’re together day in and day out thank God we are best friends as well as husband and wife!

Never had bariatric surgery even been on our radar prior to December 2017. We traveled to Michigan for the holidays and the process of getting through the airport security lines, etc. was excruciating for my husband. I didn’t think he’d be able to stand the hour to make it through the security line. Little did we know that was just the beginning of next challenges. After a short break we continued to the gate and by the time we got there he was so winded it took several minutes to catch his breath. It was one of the most frightening and eye-opening experiences of our marriage.

While we were visiting family my husband ran into a gentleman who had had the sleeve surgery and lost 180 pounds. The gentleman told my husband that he had not felt this good since high school. That was really a game changer for us.

We have two good friends who have had weight-loss surgery and were very successful but we really never saw ourselves going that route. My husband has several medical conditions including sleep apnea, cardiomyopathy, high triglycerides and several debilitating ailments (back, knee, quad muscle, etc.). His quality-of-life is diminishing right before our eyes. Waiting isn’t an option anymore.

We have read many stories of couples splitting up after WLS when one took the plunge but the other didn’t. On the flip side, we have heard that couples embark on the journey together have a very good success rate which is why we want to walk hand in hand each step of the way.

Hi guys I'm in the beginning of my journey. I already met with my Surgeon , spoke with the nutritionist as well as the psychologist.Ive been on YouTube listening to all the testimonies before and after. I'm staying positive and focused. But just as nervous as all that is new to this life changing experience.

Don't be nervous you are now part of a big loving worldwide Bariatric family and we take care of our own. Any questions, please ask, if I personally don't have an answer someone on Bariatric Pal will. Welcome and stay as long as you like. You are among friends now.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi fellow April sleevers! I have a surgery date of April 16th and a nutrition workshop April 4th where I get my pre and post surgery food plans. I'm so excited to start this new part of my life. I haven't told many people because my whole life has been a yoyo weight loss /gain nightmare, so I'm glad to have found you all to share in this with. Let's do this!!