Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 14 months post opp. Haven’t had pulled pork yet, has anyone else if so how did it affect you? Doctor said I’ll be fine but I’m still a little nervous to try (and yes I still call him about every and any little food question )

Current weight: 170

I've been sleeved since July 17 and I was fine with pulled pork I've been fine with most foods I had initial issues with chicken but I'm cool now

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you, I’m going to a friends birthday dinner tomorrow at a bbq style restaurant. So going to try, hoping I don’t get sick or anything while there

Oh hopefully you'll be ok just try fit near the bathroom so you can make a quick exit stage left if needed. The joys of a sleeve but the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.
Enjoy your night out though!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using BariatricPal mobile app

Haha I know right, sometimes I miss being able to eat normally. I’m hoping they have pulled chicken so I won’t have to worry [emoji30]

No issues for me! I don't eat it all the time, because it's not the leanest cut of pork, but when I do eat it, I enjoy it quite a bit with no issues. I just eat it in a bowl. No fixings. (no room!)

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've had it a few times. No issues at all. I do better with meats like pulled pork or shredded chicken. Eating more solid cuts of meat are much harder. The only issue I had with pulled pork was getting some heartburn because of the sauce used. I'm not big on smoke flavorings to begin with so I like them even less now. In regards to actually eating it I don't think you'll have any issues if you've done fine with other cuts of meat.

I can eat it... now that I've learned how to do it carefully. The first time I had it, the fattiness of it was overwhelming and I got nauseous and threw up. The next time, I shredded it more and ate a smaller portion, pairing it with some fresh sliced tomatoes and cucumbers to help it hit my stomach more mildly. That worked great and I've had it the same way several times since then.

Edited by etc. etc. etc.

I make my own. I make it with pork tenderloin in the crock pot. Very lean and tender, and I have no issues with it.

I cut it with a knife before I put it in my mouth and chew it really well. Works out great:)

Pulled pork is AWESOME, I just stay away from the sauces and of course the fatty parts. Pork and chicken are my go-to Proteins.

I started having this from about three months out and I've never had an issue. Plus, it's all kinds of delicious yo.

I had it from Early out no problems.

I had it at 6.5 weeks, no issues, nor any issues with the King’s Hawaiian roll I put it on.

The only meat I’m still having trouble with is fast-food hamburger patties.