Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Got sleeved on 3/5 I’ve lost 109 pounds been going to the gym 4 times a week and practicing jujutsu 3 times a week been following my diet to the letter really happy with the result I’m 6 pounds from the goal which I hope to get there before September

Hi Marchers,

I was sleeved 3/14 and I'm down 50+ pounds, but weight loss is very slow for me at this point. I actually haven't even weighed myself in a week or so. Zero surgery regrets here -- I am much healthier than I used to be. I am eating between 1000-1200 calories a day in four meals, and I'm comfortable with this being my new way of eating (not a "diet"). I work out at the gym and I'm getting muscles (at 54!!). Strength has increased 50%, measuring total weight lifted in a typical session. I am still planning on losing another 20-30 pounds even if it takes the rest of my life!!

Hair loss is happening, but not the heavy clumps I've seen others report -- more like a strand or two (or three :-)) when I run my hands through my hair. I started using Olaplex in order to keep what I have healthy and strong. I've been fanatical about taking my Vitamins.

Stay strong, Marchers!!

Hi All! I was sleeved 3/12 and I lost 45 lbs. kinda stuck now for a few weeks and don’t want to get discouraged. Have about 25 more lbs to go. Also Hair loss is getting a little much to handle! Any tips??

HI,

Sleeved on 3/28 and have lost 52 pounds since surgery and the Hair loss has been terrible. I have very thick hair and it is just coming out in clumps when I wash it. I discussed this with my NP at my surgeons office and she suggested taking extra Biotin and increasing Protein intake. It has helped as the hair loss seems to have slowed. I am hoping it nearing the end as she said to expect it for another month or so. For those that are experiencing some stalls, I suggest upping your Water intake and your calorie intake (good food choices). Every time I do this it jump starts the weight loss again.

I wanted to know about this too. I had my surgery on 4/11. I didn't notice much Hair loss until the beginning of this month. It is coming out in masses. I have super thick hair too, I just thought since I'd hit the four month mark I was clear. I read earlier to up my protein... but what else can I do? I'm so afraid to run my hands through my hair cause it falls out so easily. Will my body every come back from this? Will I grow my hair back??? Help me!!! I want to cry!

In the same boat with the hair. Running out of my thick stockpile and starting to show extremely thin spots 😳 going to try adding more Protein like others have suggested. Supposedly it grows back. Maybe we should ask on forum of folks who are farther along than us...?

I was sleeved on 3/21 and have had severe Hair loss as well. It seems like it has finally slowed done. I did try to up my Protein. The doctor told me it would peak around the 6 month mark and by 8 months start to grow back. I hope that is true because I had thin hair to begin with and it is not fun. However, on a positive note I feel great. I have lost 78 lbs. since my surgery and I can walk up and downstairs without joint pain. I am also doing things I haven't been able to do so I am really happy overall.

I wanted to know about this too. I had my surgery on 4/11. I didn't notice much Hair loss until the beginning of this month. It is coming out in masses. I have super thick hair too, I just thought since I'd hit the four month mark I was clear. I read earlier to up my protein... but what else can I do? I'm so afraid to run my hands through my hair cause it falls out so easily. Will my body every come back from this? Will I grow my hair back??? Help me!!! I want to cry!
Try the meficati ok n for astma. Albiterol. Inside yur Shampoo. Conditioner. N every other day masdage a vial in the hair

Hey, fellow March sleevers. We're all 6 months post-op now! How is everyone doing?

Doing good down 108 lbs. Over 52inches down in all areas of my body. I still have to slow myself down while eating. I’ve always ate fast. I did develop acid reflux afterwards so I take meds for that daily. Have not started lifting weights but I should have. I work around the house cleaning/cooking plus outside taking care of 6. alpacas and gardening. How about you?

Doing well. Same thing with slowing down the eating. I have to still work at listening to my sleevie when it’s full. Down 48 lbs and thinning hair!! But it’s a work in progress. What are some “good calories” to eat that can jump start weight loss again. Anyone know? I don’t get a lot of help from my MD. I was a self pay and don’t have a lot of follow up consults. So I google a lot. Any help is appreciated.

I’m doing really well! Down 83 lbs. My Dr told me at my 6 month appointment that I’ve lost 2/3rds of my excess body weight. I’ve not incorporated any Pasta, potatoes, bread, flour or added sugars back into my diet. Sticking with high Protein diet, meat, veggies, fruit & dairy. I’ve stayed Decaf but coffee & dark chocolate (85% cocoa) are my comfort foods! 🙂 I go to the gym 3 times a week before work to do strength training and the rowing machine/treadmill. I’m dealing with Hair loss too although it seems to be slowing down. I’m hopeful its done shedding ~ I had very thin hair to begin with.

Edited by SLyn