Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2018 Sleevers?

Got sleeved on 3/5 I’ve lost 109 pounds been going to the gym 4 times a week and practicing jujutsu 3 times a week been following my diet to the letter really happy with the result I’m 6 pounds from the goal which I hope to get there before September

Hi Marchers,

I was sleeved 3/14 and I'm down 50+ pounds, but weight loss is very slow for me at this point. I actually haven't even weighed myself in a week or so. Zero surgery regrets here -- I am much healthier than I used to be. I am eating between 1000-1200 calories a day in four meals, and I'm comfortable with this being my new way of eating (not a "diet"). I work out at the gym and I'm getting muscles (at 54!!). Strength has increased 50%, measuring total weight lifted in a typical session. I am still planning on losing another 20-30 pounds even if it takes the rest of my life!!

Hair loss is happening, but not the heavy clumps I've seen others report -- more like a strand or two (or three :-)) when I run my hands through my hair. I started using Olaplex in order to keep what I have healthy and strong. I've been fanatical about taking my Vitamins.

Stay strong, Marchers!!

• Like 1

Hi All! I was sleeved 3/12 and I lost 45 lbs. kinda stuck now for a few weeks and don’t want to get discouraged. Have about 25 more lbs to go. Also Hair loss is getting a little much to handle! Any tips??

HI,

Sleeved on 3/28 and have lost 52 pounds since surgery and the Hair loss has been terrible. I have very thick hair and it is just coming out in clumps when I wash it. I discussed this with my NP at my surgeons office and she suggested taking extra Biotin and increasing Protein intake. It has helped as the hair loss seems to have slowed. I am hoping it nearing the end as she said to expect it for another month or so. For those that are experiencing some stalls, I suggest upping your Water intake and your calorie intake (good food choices). Every time I do this it jump starts the weight loss again.

• Like 1

I wanted to know about this too. I had my surgery on 4/11. I didn't notice much Hair loss until the beginning of this month. It is coming out in masses. I have super thick hair too, I just thought since I'd hit the four month mark I was clear. I read earlier to up my protein... but what else can I do? I'm so afraid to run my hands through my hair cause it falls out so easily. Will my body every come back from this? Will I grow my hair back??? Help me!!! I want to cry!