Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today Makes 14 Weeks

Wow!! Luv Life that is awesome! Such a change for the better in your health and quality of life! Congrats, thanks for sharing the positive news and keep going for the next 35! Keep in touch,

Tex

Awesome and congrats!!

Hi everyone!

I've been on a work project and away from home for about a week so have been totally negligent on posting -

Hope, did you have your procedure? You said it was Feb 6 but I haven't seen an actual post that you did it and how you are feeling and doing?

I've been doing well- down 26.5lbs since the Nov 8 procedure, and 5.5lbs away from my goal.

Just saw my doc for our 2nd post op visit and she said I've lost 16% of my weight in the 3 months and doing great!

Also got blood work follow up done. Getting results in now and should hear from her soon on that. I can see that my cholesterol is still high- so I expect some meds in my future.

My daily foods have remained pretty consistant. Yogurt/blueberries for Breakfast (and coffee), then a Protein Shake. lunch over the last week has been salad with grilled chicken - but the diff is, that I bought the big salad and it lasted for 4 lunches rather than 1 or 2.

Have also added a nightly snack of Halo Top - but instead of the whole pint, I measure out 4oz and it's plenty and satisfying.

So, all seems to be working in terms of satisfaction and fullness - but I still weigh everything when I can to keep me honest - since I don't trust my eyes :)

Glad to see everyone doing so great! Shout outs toTex and Mel, and Luv who appears to be new since I've been here last.

AmyA

Hey LuvLife I’m sorry that I didn’t read this post until now. Congrats on the major success. 35 lbs. down is quite an accomplishment. I did want to know, however, what do your 2-3 small meals a day consist of? Please share as I and I’m sure many would appreciate meal advice from someone who seems like a pro. Way to go on the weight loss. You should be proud.

Hi Hope4momof4,

How are things going for you? I'm now down 50 pounds.

I exercise at 4-5 times a week - either walking 4-5 miles or a workout class. I don't really have a set of foods that I always eat because I travel quite a bit and eat in restaurants. Here's a sample: For breakfast I may have slice of turkey bacon and an egg, or half bagel or smoothie. For lunch/dinner, I always eat off a saucer. Either small piece of chicken or fish, small serving of starch (rice, potatoes, pasta) and small serving of vegetables. I only drink unsweetened teas or Water. I have a sweet treat once or twice a week.

Let me know if you have any more questions. We're all in this together!

WOW!! That weight loss is amazing!! So inspirational Luv LIfe!! Your meals are small and healthy which our tool helps with but the rest is all YOU!!! Your exercise regimen is impressive and that is what I believe has helped you lose even more. You really did get the best out of this procedure and I hope that your success continues. Have you had any stalls? I'm stalled at the moment. Tomorrow it will be 4 weeks for me post op and I've only lost 12 pounds. I did have a stall before and upping my Water intake helped me break through it. I'm going to try that again. If you have any tips for me it would be much appreciated on how to get past the stall. Here's my daily routine and food plan more or less, please help me tweak it to get better results:

Breakfast--- green smoothie (protein shake with green veggies and berries added in with water and some almond milk)

Lunch-- 3-4 egg whites with broccoli

Dinner-- one of the following--- lentil Soup, 4 oz, baked salmon, chicken strips with veggies stir fried, chili, or a small portion of the dinner my family had--- has to be soft because I'm still in the puree stage

Snacks throughout the day--- nonfat greek yogurt, sugar free jell-o, sugar free popsicle, Bone Broth, sugar free fudgesicle, occasionally sugar free pudding but not often because it sets off my sweet tooth

I only drink Protein premier clear Protein Drink, water, sometimes crystal light.

I do cardio exercise 3-4 times a week for about 35-40 minutes each time.

I cheated once with some vanilla creme filled Cookies and man did I pay the price for that!! Horrible gas pains, heartburn, and then the dumping came which actually provided relief but I threw out the rest of the box in case I got crazy again.

Any suggestions?

With love and support always!!!

Hi Hope4momof4,
How are things going for you? I'm now down 50 pounds.
I exercise at 4-5 times a week - either walking 4-5 miles or a workout class. I don't really have a set of foods that I always eat because I travel quite a bit and eat in restaurants. Here's a sample: For breakfast I may have slice of turkey bacon and an egg, or half bagel or smoothie. For lunch/dinner, I always eat off a saucer. Either small piece of chicken or fish, small serving of starch (rice, potatoes, pasta) and small serving of vegetables. I only drink unsweetened teas or Water. I have a sweet treat once or twice a week.
Let me know if you have any more questions. We're all in this together!

Thank you for the information! I am 4 days out! I can’t wait to get through this stage! You gave me a lot to look forward to!

Ok so this is kind of an older thread but my hubby wants a less permanent option for wls and this seems perfect for him we would be going thru Hopkins did your insurance approve the procedure and which one also is it only one Dr that does the procedure and which one would you recommend. Sorry I'm all so new to this for him specifically I'm going thru gbmc to get bypass but I just want the best care possible for my hubby

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi there...I went to Hopkins and my insurance didn't cover it. There was only one doctor that did the procedure when I had mine last November. I haven't regretted it for one second. I'm down 64 pounds, exercise regularly and manage my portions.

64lb, that's great, well done!