Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JUST GOT MY SURGERY DATE 1/30/18 looking for surgery buddies

Finally!!!! I’m excited and nervous... not new to surgeries as I’m in late 50’s but now my new chapter! Been working towards this day since last July, paid the first 4 months out of pocket as I had an insurance at that time that I would no way have the surgery with (Kaiser) and feel extremely confident in the dr I do have.. his bariatric team is awesome! They now feel like family at this point. Hard part is I don’t have any family near me (I live in Hawai‘i) so a bit sad in that.... but the team is awesome and I know I can contact them anytime. It would be great to have a surgery buddy here.... I’m having the bypass... 😊 🎉🎉

3 minutes ago, BG24 said:

Hey, I'm new to this site. I'm am also having gastric bypass on Jan 26th. I'm currently on day 2 of the liquid diet. I am really nervous.

I look forward to hearing how things are going after your surgery!! I did A LOT of research before making the decision to go through with this... but I’ve also had several surgeries in the past and know that once I’m healed I’ll be so thankful for having it done. Keep me posted!!

I will definitely keep you posted. Good luck. I keep telling myself "I got this". This liquid diet is not as bad as I anticipated but still slightly challenging. Keep me posted on your journey as well.

For the last couple of months, each payday I would buy something (food or gadget) for the new journey.... helped me feel like I was getting somewhere with this and have some things to try out before the big day. They told us to try “Isopure “ which I found at GNC, for my liquid days.. 40g of Protein but very sweet. I cut it 50/50 with Water, ,, I only have 1 day prior to surgery for complete liquids then the after surgery.... it is also quite filling.. hang in there!

I'm suppose to do the liquid diet for 7 days. The day before surgery is clear fluids. I heard Isopure is good. I haven't tried it. I will probably get that for Thursday. This evening has been very challenging. I am hungry!!! So you can eat normal all the way up until the day before?

They put you on a liver shrinking diet of Protein and low carbs. chicken, fish, veggies but that’s how I always eat so not a problem... the day before is Clear Liquids which should be ok. I’ll be busy at work and have to take off early to pick up a friend from airport who lives on outer island that is coming to help me with surgery. So hoping I’ll keep busy and not think of it.. the grape Isopure so far is the best as far as not as sweet but I had bought mostly coconut flavor lol super sweet. They did say to add an extra Protein Drink this week. I have always drank one for Breakfast. I have used “ spiru-tein “ for over 25 yrs and find it’s the best...

I'm doing 3 Protein Shakes a day and a choice of 4 of the following

Triple zero oikos yogurt, low sodium broth, sugar free Jello, sugar free ice pops. There's some other things liek cream of wheat and 1% milk. I'm starving. Im lucky I only have to do 1 week. Some people have to do 2 to 3 weeks. I guess this is there version of low carb.

Hi. I’m a newbie too to this site. Have surgery on Monday 29th of Jan. Have also started the liver shrinking diet, and I’m suffering from nerves and doubts. Would be nice to have someone to discuss with. :)

Hi ninabrr, I'm very nervous as well. Surgery on Friday. I just want to be ok afterwards. Most people say it is the best decision they have ever made. I will definitely let you know how everything turns out for me. It's scary but so exciting.

Hi ninabrr, I'm very nervous as well. Surgery on Friday. I just want to be ok afterwards. Most people say it is the best decision they have ever made. I will definitely let you know how everything turns out for me. It's scary but so exciting.

I hope everything turned out good for you. I have mine on Monday, and this last week I have been angry and not a nice person. I just want it done. But better today than rest of week. Got up and out to buy everything I need for my first week of recovery. Fixed my bed. Started packing my bags. It’s ok.