Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet and craving White Castle

OMG. I'm only on second day of my week long liquid preop diet and it's sooo hard. I am starving and really want a White Castle jalapeño burger with no bread. Five more days to go 🙁

I wanted WINGS!!!!!

Is like we are alcoholics....and there alcohol EVERYWHERE and we can't drink it. The smells are amazing when we can't eat anymore of it. Honestly, we are addicted to carbs, candy sweets...and now we made a decision COLD TURKEY to not eat it again. I will never judge anyone with addictions again. It takes a great deal of strong will to stop eating the things we loved. Then again, our stomach is so small that we couldn't eat more then 2 oz at the time.lol....I am 3 weeks post surgery. I miss the wings..but I am going to try the Keto diet...all the bread free wings I can fit in three oz belly!!

OMG. I'm only on second day of my week long liquid preop diet and it's sooo hard. I am starving and really want a White Castle jalapeño burger with no bread. Five more days to go [emoji853]

Your lucky that you get a week, i feel like a failure, every time i try, i ended up failing but for the past 2/3 days I’ve been doing pretty ok. Try to sleep it off and drink a lot of water

Your lucky that you get a week, i feel like a failure, every time i try, i ended up failing but for the past 2/3 days I’ve been doing pretty ok. Try to sleep it off and drink a lot of water

Oh and my surgery is the 23

You can do this! I’m finishing day 9 of 14 and once you get past day 3 you will not want to mess up your progress!

I haven't had a surgery date set, yet, because I am still 2 nutrition visits away from going forward to approval with Medicaid...but I totally get what you mean about the smelling things, and feeling like an alcoholic! The first 3 weeks of my new guidelined diet, every time I passed by a restaurant or fast food joint, it was all I could do not to drool on myself because it all smelled so delicious AND STRONG! Now, 4 months in, I only get the drooling sensation if I haven't had anything to put in my stomach all day, and I've been running around for appointments...or chocolate/ice cream commercials on TV. TV is evil: it will put a Reese's commercial on during every break in a show for 3 hours...and then it stopped, and 2 hours later it was KitKat bars! And it's not even Valentine's Day, yet!

Stay strong, hun! If you can't follow the pre-surgery diet to the letter, then there is a high probability that you won't be able to follow the post-surgery diet to the letter, either (which will be much worse for you than before you get snipped). You've got this! I believe in you! Best of luck on your surgery and recovery!😊🤗🤞💪👌💐🐳

8 hours ago, Mitzy69 said:

Is like we are alcoholics....and there alcohol EVERYWHERE and we can't drink it.

There's more truth to this than we'd like to admit. Many of obsess about that "Dammit I should have had THAT as my last meal and now I regeret it!" I realized during my pre-op diet that if I would have gotten that fix I would have started chasing another. It would have been a case of "that was pretty good but what I should have gotten was..." That was my come to Jesus moment and my relationship with food. Don't think of this phase as a food funeral. Some things I've given up, and you know what? It really isn't that big of a deal like you think it will be. I used to think my social life was over when I gave up smoking years ago. I couldn't fathom doing anything without being able to smoke. And, no big surprise, life went on just fine.

Hang in there. This is a tough phase but remember it sets you up better for surgery. A few days of toughing it out is worth it for the other side. Keep that in your mind that the better you do now the better/safer your surgery will go and you will be more mentally ready on the flip side. Good luck!

I only had 5 days liquid before my surgery, I really didn't have enough days to prepare myself. I guess is was best this way. Now I have no choice than to do as the doctor said, or pay a price. The rewards so far are beginning to out number the cost. I weigh myself every morning and as I see my body shedding those pounds that caused so much in and out side pain, keeps me going strong. Yes it's hasn't been an easy three weeks...but nothing good comes easy. I thank God for giving me the chance to have a new life. I am glad all of us want to be healthy to live a few more years to spend with our love ones, and wear that SEXY black dress! Lol!

Pray, love and laugh!

On 1/18/2018 at 10:28 PM, KryCar said:

Oh and my surgery is the 23

sorry for the delay in reponse, I havent been feeling the best. You must be so excited about tomorrow! wooo hooo!

On 1/18/2018 at 10:44 PM, wendybird said:

You can do this! I’m finishing day 9 of 14 and once you get past day 3 you will not want to mess up your progress!

Thank you ! You were so right, every day is a little easier...tomorrow im done!

On 1/19/2018 at 3:30 AM, MaybeMissedChance said:

I haven't had a surgery date set, yet, because I am still 2 nutrition visits away from going forward to approval with Medicaid...but I totally get what you mean about the smelling things, and feeling like an alcoholic! The first 3 weeks of my new guidelined diet, every time I passed by a restaurant or fast food joint, it was all I could do not to drool on myself because it all smelled so delicious AND STRONG! Now, 4 months in, I only get the drooling sensation if I haven't had anything to put in my stomach all day, and I've been running around for appointments...or chocolate/ice cream commercials on TV. TV is evil: it will put a Reese's commercial on during every break in a show for 3 hours...and then it stopped, and 2 hours later it was KitKat bars! And it's not even Valentine's Day, yet!

Stay strong, hun! If you can't follow the pre-surgery diet to the letter, then there is a high probability that you won't be able to follow the post-surgery diet to the letter, either (which will be much worse for you than before you get snipped). You've got this! I believe in you! Best of luck on your surgery and recovery!😊🤗🤞💪👌💐🐳

LOL its the burger king commercials taunting me! I am finished with liquid diet tomorrow and didnt cheat once! I need this surgery for serious health issues...I already had a stroke....so I am ready! Good luck to you

sorry for the delay in reponse, I havent been feeling the best. You must be so excited about tomorrow! wooo hooo!

It’s okay, and it’s the 24th. I put the wrong date, im nervous and hungry [emoji30]

On 1/19/2018 at 7:00 AM, orionburn said:

There's more truth to this than we'd like to admit. Many of obsess about that "Dammit I should have had THAT as my last meal and now I regeret it!" I realized during my pre-op diet that if I would have gotten that fix I would have started chasing another. It would have been a case of "that was pretty good but what I should have gotten was..." That was my come to Jesus moment and my relationship with food. Don't think of this phase as a food funeral. Some things I've given up, and you know what? It really isn't that big of a deal like you think it will be. I used to think my social life was over when I gave up smoking years ago. I couldn't fathom doing anything without being able to smoke. And, no big surprise, life went on just fine.

Hang in there. This is a tough phase but remember it sets you up better for surgery. A few days of toughing it out is worth it for the other side. Keep that in your mind that the better you do now the better/safer your surgery will go and you will be more mentally ready on the flip side. Good luck!

Thanks. Since Ive already had a stoke, making the sugery safer is a great motivation. All the best to you

On 1/19/2018 at 7:39 AM, Mitzy69 said:

I only had 5 days liquid before my surgery, I really didn't have enough days to prepare myself. I guess is was best this way. Now I have no choice than to do as the doctor said, or pay a price. The rewards so far are beginning to out number the cost. I weigh myself every morning and as I see my body shedding those pounds that caused so much in and out side pain, keeps me going strong. Yes it's hasn't been an easy three weeks...but nothing good comes easy. I thank God for giving me the chance to have a new life. I am glad all of us want to be healthy to live a few more years to spend with our love ones, and wear that SEXY black dress! Lol!

Pray, love and laugh!

the daily weight loss is awesome and keeps me going too. I think I can come to terms with not having a white castle burger for a looong time...i still cant say forever.....I need to feel better and be healthier.

Good luck to you and with the dress:-)

3 minutes ago, KryCar said:

It’s okay, and it’s the 24th. I put the wrong date, im nervous and hungry

ME TOO! My surgery is the 24th and I am feeling exactly the same. I just want to get it over with!