Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on September 13th. I had a leak after surgery. I was in and out of the hospital for 30 days. I still have a feeding tube and a drainage tube in my stomach. I was just wanting to know if anyone else had this issue after surgery and how are you doing now.

10 minutes ago, Smores said:

feeding tube and a drainage tube in my stomach

@Smores

sooooo sorry you are dealing with this situation:(

i can't even imagine how you are feeling. do you have

to stay in bed 24/7??

what is being done now?? hopefully you will see the

light at the end of the tunnel sooner than later.

hope you have friends/support and help at home.

sending you my best wishes and bigggg hugs

kathy

No, I'm finally back to work. I was very hard. I would have never made it without my faith in God. I'm doing so much better. I'm hoping I get my feeding and drainage tube out soon. I just am able to eat again. I went from August to just a few weeks ago of not eating. It was rough. I think I was more thirsty than hungry. hank you for your kind words.

That sounds really hard - it is a possibility I am sure many of us worry about pre-surgery. I am glad you have your faith to help you through.

Take care and remember, it will pass...

My god what a horrific experience, Was it ever determined what caused the leak or condition?

Dang! What a sucky way to lose the weight!!! So glad you're healing and slowly regaining your life. I wish you many blessings and continued healing!!

Yes...it was bad. I had 3 stents put in, not at one time. I had Fluid on my lungs so that needed to be drained. 2 drainage tubes and a feeding tube put in. 7 surgeries in all. My doctor only had 3 in his whole time he's done this surgery. I was one of three. But God has healed me. I'm so greatful to him. I still have to have feedings at night, but soon I hope that will be gone as well.

Dear Lord... ((hugs)) :(

Aww,,,thank you fluffychix

Smores, were there any theories about what caused the leak?

Were you a smoker? Did you take any maintenance pain meds? Did you have H. Pylori bacteria?

Can you give us any other information about the cause?

Smores, were there any theories about what caused the leak?
Were you a smoker? Did you take any maintenance pain meds? Did you have H. Pylori bacteria?
Can you give us any other information about the cause?

Yes I’d love to know this too. Sorry to hear you’ve had such a hard time smores :(. Happy to hear you’re on the mend, wishing you continued recovery xo

creekik 13.......No not a smoker. I did take naproxin daily but quit taking it a month before surgery. I was tested for pylori and it was negative.. I still don't know how it happened.

I knew something was wrong. I was in recovery all day and night, I had to get a blood transfusion. One week later I was taken to the hospital with horrible pain in my stomach and upper left chest. It was determined there I had a leak.

Smores, who was your surgeon?

Dr. Credi, Granger Indiana.