Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dreaming of rotisserie chicken

3 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Interesting how things change after! I hope I despise chips! LOL

God, wouldn't that be great?

"Ick, I can't STAND the taste of chips! And that crispy, salty, crunchy texture? Disgusting!!!!!" said no one ever. *snort*

Sad to say that, so far, I haven't found a food I loved before surgery and hate now. At least, I haven't smelled a food I used to love before surgery and been revolted by it.

On the other hand, I've fallen in love with applesauce, so there's that.

I have one. Canadian Bacon. I loved Canadian bacon pre-surg and now, it smells weird to me....almost chemically...and tastes weird, too.

I literally threw out a package of it because I thought there might be something wrong. Bought a new package and had the same experience.

I had half an egg McMuffin the other day, and it was good...but it wasn't as wonderful as it used to be. Almost made me sad. But at 150 calories and 9g or protien (for half)...it's still a meal on the go that I don't mind indulging in once in a while. Big cup of decaff and I'm golden.

Just now, Creekimp13 said:

I have one. Canadian Bacon. I loved Canadian bacon pre-surg and now, it smells weird to me....almost chemically...and tastes weird, too.

I literally threw out a package of it because I thought there might be something wrong. Bought a new package and had the same experience.

I had half an egg McMuffin the other day, and it was good...but it wasn't as wonderful as it used to be. Almost made me sad. But at 150 calories and 9g or protien (for half)...it's still a meal on the go that I don't mind indulging in once in a while. Big cup of decaff and I'm golden.

See? I'm really looking forward to this. I'm looking forward to falling in love with applesauce as @abefroman329 said. :D

I think the Egg McMuffin is a really healthy-er-ish alternative for those days when you need a quicky meal thru the drive thru...question...do you eat the whole thing with only 1 half of the muffin part? Or do you eat a "half of an egg mcmuffin"? Do you think you would have room to eat the whole egg, whole cheese slice, and whole canadian bacon or sausage with only half or 1/4 of the English muffin?

I thought about eating the Protein with just a little bit of muffin....and probably could do it that way. The cheese is welded to one of the muffin halves, so you'd probably want to pick that one and pitch the other. LOL

But no...I ate it as built.... cause my hubby...who insisted he wasn't hungry and didn't want anything....was staring at me like a Labrador Retriever.

He was all....eat what you want, and I'll eat the rest.

God...and he's doing this other weird thing, now, that he used to do with my daughter.

When she was little, he'd let her order anything she wanted off the menu, and would wait until she was done eating....and eat what was left...or just share with her. He's all...I'm not picky...go ahead...pick something good. Kid would pick bizarre things....pancakes to prime rib...he never cared.

The other day we were at a coffee shop, and I'm like...Man, I want to order this, but it's a ton of food and it won't travel well.

He's all...get what you want, I'll get a side salad and eat the rest when you're done.

In one way it's sort of endearing...in another way, it's sort of creepy. LOL. I love him, though. Selfless asshat. Wouldn't trade him.

Ha! Too cute! I'd say, keep on keepin' on! (Until he starts "taking the bite with you"...remember when you'd feed your kids and you would open and close your mouth in tandem with the spoon hitting their mouth? And I'd absolutely draw the line with him leaning over and cutting up your meat...*snic*)

God, wouldn't that be great?
"Ick, I can't STAND the taste of chips! And that crispy, salty, crunchy texture? Disgusting!!!!!" said no one ever. *snort*

I’m dying lol one can hope... *sigh*

I thought about eating the Protein with just a little bit of muffin....and probably could do it that way. The cheese is welded to one of the muffin halves, so you'd probably want to pick that one and pitch the other. LOL
But no...I ate it as built.... cause my hubby...who insisted he wasn't hungry and didn't want anything....was staring at me like a Labrador Retriever.
He was all....eat what you want, and I'll eat the rest.
God...and he's doing this other weird thing, now, that he used to do with my daughter.
When she was little, he'd let her order anything she wanted off the menu, and would wait until she was done eating....and eat what was left...or just share with her. He's all...I'm not picky...go ahead...pick something good. Kid would pick bizarre things....pancakes to prime rib...he never cared.
The other day we were at a coffee shop, and I'm like...Man, I want to order this, but it's a ton of food and it won't travel well.
He's all...get what you want, I'll get a side salad and eat the rest when you're done.
In one way it's sort of endearing...in another way, it's sort of creepy. LOL. I love him, though. Selfless asshat. Wouldn't trade him.

Such a good hubby!

My husband made spaghetti at 2am two nights ago because he knows the torture I’m going through. The best part is that he is the worlds worst house keeper. He rinsed all the dishes and loaded them in the dishwasher. The only evidence was the half empty box of uncooked noodles sitting on the counter. God bless his soul!

I have to feel bad for my hubby tho. I do all the cooking and shopping. I sent him to the store for some SF Jello, and whatever he wanted to eat for the week. He emerged 1 hour later with a bag of...

I hope he survives this process and he doesn’t resent me afterward. Im just kidding! He will love me more for it
Image1515510463.736166.jpg

16 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

Such a good hubby!

My husband made spaghetti at 2am two nights ago because he knows the torture I’m going through. The best part is that he is the worlds worst house keeper. He rinsed all the dishes and loaded them in the dishwasher. The only evidence was the half empty box of uncooked noodles sitting on the counter. God bless his soul!

I have to feel bad for my hubby tho. I do all the cooking and shopping. I sent him to the store for some SF Jello, and whatever he wanted to eat for the week. He emerged 1 hour later with a bag of...

I hope he survives this process and he doesn’t resent me afterward. Im just kidding! He will love me more for it
Image1515510463.736166.jpg

Just great! Now I want Ramen bowls! LOL. I lived on these and the packages of Ramen in college. I had the ass to prove it! *snort*