Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast Food Ideas.. Meals on the go...

Aloha fellow bandsters,

I have been very busy and running around a lot. I come home late between 7-8pm and dont really know what I could be eating out there. Do you have ideas on where you go on the run and what do you eat?? I have done taco bell burritos but just the insides... Any suggestions??

Mes:help:

When I'm like that (doing teaching rounds) I cook on the weekends and freeze. Much better than takeaway and much less expensive.

I've done Wendy's small chili or a baked potato--I can't seem to tolerate much else. I did have a McDonald's small burger without the bun but it took me forever to eat so it wasn't worth it! Good Luck!

Amy

I try to keep pre packaged Snacks on me so if I can't have a full meal, I can at least have a good snack, an apple, string cheese, Protein Bar, granola, nuts, rasins, 100 calorie snack packs, etc. I know its not a real meal, but other than actually fixing something up or choking down some fast food, its better than starving yourself.

That sounds great I love these ideas. I think I will also want some Protein too so maybe I would have some peperoni in bags too. or beef Jerky

jajajajajaja.

I usually have in my bag thing that I know wont cause me any problems on the street, like an urge to go to the bathroom.

I heard someone talking about eating Jerky. They said that is their to go Protein. So I thought I would give it a shot.

the peperoni is nuked on paper plate to get it crispy. yummmmmy

I like beef jerkey for 'on the run'. I keep a jar of 25 strips near the fridge so I can grab one when I need it. I am on the go a lot, but normally I'm on the go to get somewhere I can sit down and eat, so I make lunches the day before, or grab yogurt for b'fast that I eat when I get to work.

Always keep a snack drawer at work.. full of kudos bars, curves bars, and granola bites at the moment. I normally have some fruit leathers (45c of yummy good), and beef sticks in there too.

All that preparation, I just can't do it. If you are looking for drive through that isn't too bad, I recommend Taco Bell, Tacos Fresca style (that way it has no cheese, comes with salsa) are around 150 calories, or Del Taco, tacos al carbon (they come with two corn tortillas, I remove one) chicken, around 150 calories, steak around 190 with one tortilla. Plenty of Protein. Also, Jack in the Box Chicken Fajita Pita, kinda messy if you don't eat the pita (ask for a fork) but only around 300 calories even if you do, and I order it without cheese.

I would think Jerky of any type would be a little tough on us. Let me know if someone eats some and doesn't choke to death....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey~ I tried beef Jerky for the first time on yesterday. It didn't do to bad. I couldn't eat more than 2 bites..was scared that it might get stuck.

Ok,my suggestions are HORRIBLE.But I am very picky so it is hard for me to eat healthy ALL the time!! I have 3 kids so we are on the go ALOT.I have had luck with Jack N The Box Tacos,Or the chicken sandwich(I eat just the chicken).Also chicken nuggets.My absolute FAVORITE is the boneless terriaki(SP?) chicken wings from Kentucky Fried Chicken!!! My healthier favorite is Subway tuna salad. When I start to feel guilty,I think now.....one taco vs then...two tacos,curly fries and a large coke!!! LOL

I cook ahead of time like Jacqui. I freeze or just put it in the fridge. I usually cook for about three or four days at a time. I really don`t do fast foods. Too many calories and too much fat. I carry healthy Snacks with me to work also, like the 100 cal bags of popcorn or sf pudding cups. Donna