Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you have a protein shake for breakfast?

How often do you have a protein shake for breakfast?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you have a protein shake for breakfast?

• Never
    • One day per week
    • 2-4 days per week
    • 5-7 days per week

Suebob-I love the whey Gourmet Peanut Butter chocolate mix from Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op recipes, and Help. To me, it tastes like something you'd get from an ice cream shop. I make it with skim milk and so it has about 200 calories including the milk. Per scoop: Calories 120, Total Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Total Carbs 3g, Sugar 3g, Protein 23g

They also have a lot of other flavors that sound great but I haven't tried any of them yet. It is, by far, the best one I have tried and not too bad on cost considering the kind my doc recommends are $50 for the same size container of mix.

Whey Gourmet

Suebob-I love the Whey Gourmet Peanut Butter chocolate mix from Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op recipes, and Help. To me, it tastes like something you'd get from an ice cream shop. I make it with skim milk and so it has about 200 calories including the milk. Per scoop: Calories 120, Total Fat 2g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Total Carbs 3g, Sugar 3g, Protein 23g

They also have a lot of other flavors that sound great but I haven't tried any of them yet. It is, by far, the best one I have tried and not too bad on cost considering the kind my doc recommends are $50 for the same size container of mix.

Whey Gourmet

I too, like Whey Gourmet's Choco/PB. I ordered their chocolate and I was not impressed at all. It's just as thick as the Choco/PB but the flavor isn't great. At least it does not have a horrible aftertaste.

I still haven't researched it to see if it is a quality protein though. It's on my list of "stuff I gotta do someday." :eek:

BTW, Whey Gourmet Choco/PB is great with Water. You don't even need milk. Milk adds carbs and carbs make me turn into a carb eating couch slug. I prefer my protein products with Water anyway.

I started to experiment with different protien shakes. Plus my neighbor is really big into them since he has to keep in shape for his job and we would exchange powders we like. I went to GNC (not sure if everyone has them) and bought small amounts (bags) of the different flavors that I thought I would like. They only have 2grams of sugar and 15-18 grams of Protein. And my DH and I have found out that we like them with a bananna in them for to give them a ice cream texture. I love my bananna, chocolate/carmel and strawberry flavors. I do mix them with a little bit of skim milk. two pkg (resturant size) of splenda and ice in the blender. I would rather have these then ice cream. They are so good. When I did my two pre op shakes. They told me I could mix anything with them that doesn't have any calories. So I bought some different extract flavoring and a lot of time put coffee in with the chocolate and it tasted just like a starbucks frappicino. I can't drink a shake unless it is in the blender with ice. but I am always experimenting with different flavors.

I too, like Whey Gourmet's Choco/PB. I ordered their chocolate and I was not impressed at all. It's just as thick as the Choco/PB but the flavor isn't great. At least it does not have a horrible aftertaste.

UH OH, I just ordered a tub of the Whey Gourmet milky chocolate because I have about 4 bottles of Davinci Syrup to use. I hope it won't be too bad. Have you tried the Cappucino? I ordered that one too.

UH OH, I just ordered a tub of the Whey Gourmet milky chocolate because I have about 4 bottles of Davinci Syrup to use. I hope it won't be too bad. Have you tried the Cappucino? I ordered that one too.

I haven't tried Cappucino.

I don't care for the chocolate Whey Gourmet, I tried adding Raspberry S/F syrup and that didn't help any. I'll try it again with PB2 and if that doesn't work I'll give it away.

I never have a Protein drink for Breakfast unless I am not going to go to the gym that morning. I feel nauseous if I don't have something more substantial before I do my cardio.

I do have Protein drinks for dinner quite often. I do my eating in the morning, and after lunch until the next morning, I am not hungry.

Is the Atkins advantage caramel a powder or premix? where can I find it sounds awesome

it is a premix can. the only place i get it is from Amazon. they also have a mocha that is really quite good, but i prefer the caramel.

Heh.... each time I see this thread I smile to myself wondering how fast SandyR would begin to hyperventilate reading this thread and seeing the poll results.

(snort snicker)

She'd probably turn as red as her hair.

She'd be dragging out that sorry study and the bogus claims and the feetie stomping! Oh my goodness can you imagine the feetie stomping?

The poll really doesn't surprise me, at this point 70% use Protein shakes. People here are losing weight, they are doing well... it would appear that Protein Shakes work for many people.