Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

new in calgary

Andrew, can't wait to hear your news. Sounds exciting and a little mysterious. Please, do tell... as soon as you can, that is. :boink:

I will, but until then I will be the man of mystery.

Andrew

We don"t like suspense Andrew. When will you know the out come?

To add more mystery, I am not sure. Really, dont get too worked up about it though.

What I will share is my new, most favorite think in the world. The lettuce burger.

Before I was banded, I LOVED burgers. I could eat them 3 or more meals a day for the rest of my life. Anyway, after my surgery, I could not eat the bun so I would just eat the patty, but that was not really doing it for me.

The other night we were having burgers and I was having a patty when I was getting some lettuce for my wife to have with hers. Eureka!!! why not wrap my burger in the lettuce leaf. It was the best "burger" I had since I was banded because you get that burger "feeling" and you can add you Condiments and toppings.

Now I am certain I am not the first to think of this, but I think this is the best thing since sliced bread, or burger Buns.

Andrew

The lettuce burger - fabulous! I haven't been able to enjoy my burgers either because of bun withdrawal (literally). I'm going to try this. Thanks Andrew!

I think I knowa little something about Andrews mystery...even though I am new here I have some insider info and can be bribed hahahah.... .....Andrew Im sorry I have not yet called you but I have been on shift for the past few days. I work for the police as an emergency operator and things an get a little hectic ...just 2 more night shifts and Im off for a few days and then I will be booking my surgery and calling you.

Actually Dr Cobourn has tentativly booked me for Dec 5 and my husband has arranged to go with me ...we are going early and doing some xmas shopping beforehand. I will confirm with Dr C this week and then ill be on my way to a better me!!!

I feel a little more positive now that I have read a lot of the posts on this site ...every one is so supporive and kind and doing so well........I hope I will do the same.

Hey Thinner, that's a great Xmas present you are giving yourself!!! :whoo:

All the best,

Hey i never thought of it that way.....a $16000.00 xmas present ...well it will be worth it and the best xmas present yet. Ive told my girls (21 and 18 ) that they will be getting smaller gifts this xmas ...the youngerst says thats ok if it helps you Mom but im afraid the oldest is a little less giving ........ my husband is not a xmas lover and so says lets spend the money on your mother and forget xmas altogether !!!...It is actually perfect timing as I work this year over xmas so i plan to give myself a head start on new years resolutions!!!!!

<p><p><p>

Hey i never thought of it that way.....a $16000.00 xmas present ...well it will be worth it and the best xmas present yet. Ive told my girls (21 and 18 ) that they will be getting smaller gifts this xmas ...the youngerst says thats ok if it helps you Mom but im afraid the oldest is a little less giving ........ my husband is not a xmas lover and so says lets spend the money on your mother and forget xmas altogether !!!...It is actually perfect timing as I work this year over xmas so i plan to give myself a head start on new years resolutions!!!!!

I think that the best gift that you can give your daughters is more years on your life. That is a gift worth no amount of money that they will cherish when the time comes.

Do you really know what I am talking about?

Andrew

I am really looking forward to not pigging out this xmas and just enjoying the family ect.... Andrew .....in my consultaion Dr C let a little something slip so im thinking that is what you are talking about ..I could be wrong though...but anyway i wont spill the Beans.

I am going to send my surgery authorization thursday or friday and then...welll...no turning back!!!!!!!!!!!

I was banded on the 16th at the SWLC by Dr. Coburn's associate Dr. Mumford. The clinic is AMAZING and I recommend them highly. I go for my 2 week post op check in the morning and I cannot wait. Do it for yourself you will not regret it!

Your already doing awsome!!!and only 2 weeks out ....how was the recovery and when did you go back to work???

Thanks, it is so cool as people at work are really starting to notice the loss.

I went to the clinic at 9am that day and was home by 2pm. I will not sugar coat it as it is still fresh in my mind. It was a hard 3 days. I had never had surgery or any major illness so it was all new to me.

Don't get me wrong it was so worth it. Right after I woke up I was really sore in the abs, sorer than I thought but once I had some delicious codine it was fine :notagree. I never had that much pain from the incisons really. The gas pain on the 2nd and 3rd day was really hard. You just have to walk and burp and all of a sudden the pain is gone. The rest of the week I just took it easy and walked. I had the surgery Tuesday and by Friday I drove myself to Wal Mart and walked for an hour, Sat I spent the day downtown Toronto to see a play and walk around and Monday was back to work feeling 100%.

I look back now and it was easy. 3 days of uncomfort is SO worth the pay off. I just think in my head I under estimated it all. Those who have been through worse or given birth will probably laugh at me but I am a wimp I admit it!

Trust me... really look into it and trust your instincts and listen to all the people here, they are honest and know what they are talking about!