Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't stand my crushed medication!!!!

I am currently on Lisinopril, Levothyroxine, BUSPIRONE HCL , BUPROPION, and Prozac. The Bupropion and Prozac are TERRIBLE!! They make me gag and my mouth goes numb for about 5mins.

So my question is can I swallow those two pills? The Prozac is in a capsule and the Bupropion is round and about the size of a dime.

You are just 11 days post op - I am going to guess your doc will say no. I wasn't cleared for capsules until 30 days - sleeve and switch here. Capsules for the multi-vitamins.

put the crushed powder and capsule contents in sugar free Cool Whip, and gulp it... I found this really helps.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:09 AM, Creekimp13 said:

put the crushed powder and capsule contents in sugar free Cool Whip, and gulp it... I found this really helps.

Oh! Thanks! I hate crushing my multi and Calcium. I started with applesauce and I have been using yogurt but my sleeve seems to be getting tired of that too. It is harder to get it down as the days go. I will be trying this!:)

Edited by GoddessMoon

You are, of course, going to want to check with your surgeon, BUT I'll tell you my experience. Sleeved on 12/7. At first, I had two options, either crush the pills/open the capsules and mix with a liquid (my group's pharmacy team actually suggested water!! yuck!), or break the pills up into pieces less than 6mm in diameter and take them one at a time, 15 minutes apart. I chose the latter. I take a lot of pills so it was kind of a lengthy process. That was just for the first week. After that, it was really up to my tolerance. I split my pills for probably the first ten days, and actually ended up swallowing capsules whole because there's no way I'm letting my tongue touch that powder, then started taking everything whole. I still take the big ones individually (my biggest is a little bigger than a dime), but the small ones (tip of my pinky finger or smaller) I'll take multiple at a time. Everything goes down fine for me but your level of swelling, etc., or your surgeon's directions may differ. Hope you find something or some way that works for you!

Do whatever your surgery team suggests but i was sent home from the hospital with tablet pain meds and i was taking tylenol tabs as well. Good luck.

Edited by Nessy76

My surgeon has me mix mine with a tablespoon or two of unsweetened applesauce. And then chase it with another spoon of applesauce. [emoji171]

~*~Sent via BariatricPal mobile app. Join me on my journey at www.curvylogic.com~*~

Have you felt any differences in your meds? I was cleared to start taking my Lexapro and Ritalin in pill form, but I swear I am not getting the normal effects. I got the sleeve and was told there wouldn’t be any issues with absorption, but I know myself, and it really feels like I’m taking half-doses.

I take Bupropion and I don’t crush it. I don’t think I can because I take the extended release version. They gave me the pill whole in the hospital and I’ve had no issues

I had to cut bupropion in quarters. I absolutely could not tolerate crushing it either. Not saying what I did was right, just saying what I did.