Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do for you???

I got a house keeper too!, she comes twice a week 9tusdays and fridays)

I have my hair done every sunday.

I have my nails done every two weeks.

I had my hair cut, i used to have my hair long and blond, now I have it short and black, and is so funny when people look at me and don't recognize me, because of the weith lose and the different hair.

I did the greatest thing in the world for myself. I got a housekeeper. Our current housekeeper comes once a week and it's wonderful. I don't have to clean the house. And the good part is that mother pays for it. Lord, it's wonderful. She may not clean to my exact standards, but I don't care. I don't have to do it. I've had various housekeepers for about 15 years and I've enjoyed it every day. My doctor said it is one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I recommend a housekeeper for anyone who is stressed. It's great.

I'm glad you do this, BOH. It seems like you have enough on your plate without having to spend the time cleaning as well.

I get a pedicure occasionally. I always intend to have them more often but not knowing ahead of time when I'm going to have the time makes it not often enough.

I get out for lunch and coffee with my girlfriends whenever I can.

I play in a women's marimba group once a week.

I drive the long way to work, through the little windy roads. It adds only about 5 minutes onto my trip and it's worth it.

I listen to my favourite music REALLY LOUD on headphones.

I get out on my little sailboat if I happen to be home when the tide is high enough. I feel so happy on boats.

Devana, I wanna go sailing with you....... Green is greeen with envy. :)

I get a pedicure occasionally. I always intend to have them more often but not knowing ahead of time when I'm going to have the time makes it not often enough.

I get out for lunch and coffee with my girlfriends whenever I can.

I play in a women's marimba group once a week.

I drive the long way to work, through the little windy roads. It adds only about 5 minutes onto my trip and it's worth it.

I listen to my favourite music REALLY LOUD on headphones.

I get out on my little sailboat if I happen to be home when the tide is high enough. I feel so happy on boats.

What's marimba, if you don't mind me asking?

Devana, I wanna go sailing with you....... Green is greeen with envy. :car:

Green, you would be welcome anytime. Bring rum.

What's marimba, if you don't mind me asking?

Lauren, marimbas are percussion instruments kind of like xylophones only made of wood. They range from sopranos that you have to sit on a low stool to play to bass where you have to stand on a chair and beat with mallets made of lacrosse balls. They all have resonator tubes hanging down from each piece of wood. The bass ones are huge and create a really deep tone, hence the need to stand on a chair. We use four different tones and get complex African polyrhythms going and have a ball. It's challenging and therapeutic and I just love it.

I haven't figured out how to add photos and links yet, but I'll give it a try and see if I can put a link to some good marimba music on here.

I have someone come and clean my house too. I do clean before she comes. She can't vacuum the floor if my clothes are all over the floor.

The latest thing I have done for myself is hire a trainer. I love him. Well at least I love working out with him.

i have a trainer

i spend time working out daily (even if it is a walk in the park)

pedi every 6 weeks or so (they are the salon pedi's so they last that long)

reading

i need to hire a house cleaning service ... i just need to convince DH.

I want a housecleaner too...I am terrible at keeping house, though I want it clean all the time.

I have my hair cut and colored every 5 weeks or so.

monthly pedis (of which I am overdue)

daily workouts

I am done with my RN program in 4 weeks!!! that is the biggest thing I have EVER done for myself and it will greatly benefit my family too.

Lunch/dinners with friends...coffee talks

It is funny, I do a lot more for me than I ever did in my 20's. I have made myself a priority these past couple of years, and I like to think I am a better person for it. I never knew how to say no before, and while I still struggle and feel badly sometimes, I have learned that I am not willing to put myself last to do everything for everyone else. Myself and my family come first.

I have pedicures every two weeks, sometimes more than that.. I love them.

I go shopping for the day w/ me bf while hubby watches kids.

I get pleasure in cleaning my own house, I have hubby keep the kids entertained in the pool while I clean. I am a clean freak and if for some reason I'm having a bad day, the madder I am or the more frustrated I am, the better my house looks.

Then when I'm done, I light candles, draw me a bath, and sit in my 20 jett bath tub and turn the mood lights (or what ever they are called) on the tub and relax or read a book. Oh, I drink wine, while I do this. I really love my new house. I didn't have a tub in the master bath in the old house.