Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want One!!!!

Hmmmm... can't say as I would want anything on my face but my wrist... that's doable.

I am thinking about work though. I'd have to keep it covered 100% of the time. That's not cool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I see what u mean about keeping it covered. But then again, its about to get cold anyway. Wait...where are you? I'm in Virginia. What type of work do you do? Can u put in a clear stone or something like a filler during work hours?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I see what u mean about keeping it covered. But then again, its about to get cold anyway. Wait...where are you? I'm in Virginia. What type of work do you do? Can u put in a clear stone or something like a filler during work hours?

Nope, not due to weather since I live in the desert. I am a nurse. All kinds of gross things could get in there.

Nope, not due to weather since I live in the desert. I am a nurse. All kinds of gross things could get in there.
Plus, I would imagine that it would go through a glove pretty easily. If you were an office worker, I'd say go for it, but since you are a nurse, I could see lots of bad things happening.

Plus, I would imagine that it would go through a glove pretty easily. If you were an office worker, I'd say go for it, but since you are a nurse, I could see lots of bad things happening.

If my nails don't go through a glove that thing won't! :) But it would be up higher where a glove wouldn't cover it.

....is this a real desire-o-yer-life or just a temporary fetish symbolizing your triumph over huge odds in regaining balance and control of our shared preBandster eating disorder???

It's a temporary fetish symbolizing my triumph over huge odds. :D

It's a temporary fetish symbolizing my triumph over huge odds. :eek:

In that case...I want a Solid Gold Toilet!! (and a pony)

I did it. I really did it.

I went to the place today with a plan of getting the anchor and stone and taking it to my Mexican doc. I knew that when he said no I'd say that was cool, I'd have the tattoo guy do it. That would have made him cringe and he would have done it.

After I saw it and he explained how it is done I knew there wasn't a chance in the world my doc would know what to do with this thing. I asked about his sterile technique, etc. and it met my standards.

I finally just said we should do it. So he did. I watched him every step of the way and it was all absolutely perfect sterile technique. Hurt like a buggar but it only hurt for about two seconds, twice.

It doesn't look very nice now but in a few days it will have healed and be fine.

Not sure if I'm going to like it or not. The problem is that right now there is a temp stone for healing and it isn't the most attractive stone I would have chosen. It's a bit like those old newbie pierced earrings. It's just for the healing phase and then I can start buying prettier (yet tiny) stones. I can change the color daily if I want to match my rings. Just unscrew the stone and screw in a new one.

The anchor is about the size of a thin piece of rice. The stone is about 3mm long. He used an 11g needle (that's similar to a garden hose for those that don't know), dug a hole for each end of the anchor and popped it in. Took less than a minute. It took him longer to prep the area and bandage it than it did to do the procedure.

I called a friend and told her what I did. She was floored, couldn't believe ME of all people would do such a thing. I'm about as conservative as they come. I mean, I let my ears grow back after a double piercing, it was too much! HA! So I have single holes in my ears. So for me this is very out of the ordinary which is what I want.

I've hidden from the world for too long and I don't have to do it anymore.

Besides, if I end up not liking this thing it takes about 10 seconds to remove and I'm back to where I started. So I guess it wasn't tooooo daring. :car:

When it heals I'll take a photo and post it. It's kind of yucky now, but when it's healed I'll take a photo.

I do believe when it's time to change the stone for the first time I'll let him do it. He said it's no different from changing an earring, easier even. While that may be true I will let him do it so I can see how he does it.

If you guys knew how conservative I am about this stuff you would see how huge this is for me, a major change in my "usual" personality. :)

Wowee! I wanna see it!!!!!! So, what keeps you from pulling the anchor right out of the skin??

Wowee! I wanna see it!!!!!! So, what keeps you from pulling the anchor right out of the skin??

It's a flatter type stone, it's almost flush with my skin. It's the size of a small mole.

Okay, so I saw this cool piercing on the news yesterday and although I am about as conservative as they come, THIS one I could do. I am trying to find something fun to do to Celebrate my weight loss.

Check it out:

Sage's Urban Art Tattoo and Piercing

Then go to "Piercing" then click "enter" then go down the page to "Dermal Anchors" and it's the 6th one from the left.

I could buy the item and have a doc implant the anchor under my skin. I could have my jeweler make a real top part that is an actual gem stone.

It would end up looking like a diamond or Tanzanite is glued to my wrist. It's like a pierced earring only the anchor is under my skin on top of my wrist.

What do you think? I saw the tattoo guy doing it on the news, took about 3 minutes or less.

I don't want a tattoo place doing it, I want a real doc doing it. :car:

I'm not doing anything without running it by "TheFox" (member) because I am wayyy out of my league on this one. Poor girl, I've sent her at least a gazillion PMs tonight with links asking questions. :)

Thoughts?

That would be cool. I'm conservative and only have my ears pierced double. I don't care for tattoos (what are they going to look like when you are 60 or 70???) I am not for anything that permanently disfigures me, but this would be sort of subtle.

I can't see the pics, but - good for you! Nothing makes us feel quite as good as reversible impetuousness! :D

I used to have many more piercings than I do now. Now it's just the ears double, but I used to also have the cartilage, eyebrow, lip, and nose.

I wouldn't mind having the nose redone some day, with the teeniest tiniest little gold ball. Nothing like the hook I used to wear.

I just have to convince myself that the pain is worth it.

WOW! Those are really interesting! I can't say that I would do it, I didn't do well with my perciecing. I had meat hanging out of the top of my ear for months!

I am a tattoo girl, I have mine all planned out in my head, I need to find someone to draw it! :D

Good luck WasA!

I'm way too anal for a tattoo. I'm not opposed to them by any means, I'm just too much of a perfectionist. It would never be perfect enough. THere would always be a line that glitched or a color that didn't look the way I wanted. I can't even commit to a wall color for my living room, let alone something that I have to trust someone else to put on my body.