Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

JulieNYC's Lateral Thigh Lift and Brachioplasty

Yay Julie, you go girl!! Congratulations. You must be so excited. A new you for the new year, doesn't get any better. Keep us posted.

Cindy

Hi Julie;

Tomorrow iis the big boob day huh?

Well, best of luck for a speedy uneventfull recovery...

Can't wait to see your after pics (hee,hee)

These are not the best pictures. I want to give you good pics of how well the scars are doing but I'm dealing with limited software since I'm traveling. When I get home on the 6th, I'll do better. I'm at 6 weeks postop.

post-206404-13813136116563_thumb.jpg

post-206404-13813136116684_thumb.jpg

Did you have your Breast Implants done yet? I thought it was sched. for Dec 20th???

Hi Julie, How's everything going? Hope your latest surgery went well, I think it was right around this time that your boobs are getting done. If you already had it, hope everything went well. If you haven't had it yet, then good luck. Please keep us posted.

Cindy

You are such a fast healer! Your arms are looking fantastic. I'm at 4 weeks post-op and my arms are no where close to how yours look. Are you using silicone sheets or mederma or anything else on the scars? And are you still in a compression garment for the arms?

Enterprise,

For what it's worth (and it's only one guy's opinion), Dad says Mederma, Vitamin etc. is a waste of money. He says moisturizer in general will help, but that specific products that claim scar reduction won't. I don't know what I think about that, but I've been using Nivea cream, per his recommendation, and it's worked pretty well.

No, I'm not in a compression garment. If I'm honest, I quit wearing it in week 4, though I was supposed to wear it through week 6. I would have worn it longer if I had one like yours. Mine kept rolling down (it wasn't joined behind the shoulders) and was too loose by the time the swelling went down to do any real good (that was my excuse anyway).

For what it's worth (and it's only one guy's opinion), Dad says Mederma, Vitamin etc. is a waste of money.

I heard that same thing yesterday from another surgeon . . .

I took my 14 year-old daughter back to see her surgeon for a 2 week follow-up appt after she had a cyst removed from her throat. She asked the doctor how soon she could start putting "Mederma" on the scar and her surgeon said the same thing - that there really is nothing that works to make the scar less visible.

I wish she hadn't told her that, because my daughter had in her head that it would help. As it is, she looks like she survived a mugging and ended up with about a 2 inch scar right across the front of her throat! I am sure with time the swelling will go down and the incision will be much less noticeable, but my teenager wants it gone YESTERDAY!

I have used Vitamin E oil on my band incisions and after a year, all but the port incision are barely noticeable. I bought Mederma, but didn't like the way it smelled.

I forgot to say that the doctor told my daughter that the worst thing for her incision was the SUN. She told her to use a moistuizer with SPF on her incision whenever she is going to be outside for the first year . . .

.... I bought Mederma, but didn't like the way it smelled.

I remember reading somewhere that Mederma is made from onions. That's probably why it smells funky. Dr. Heller suggested the silicone sheets. My guess is that the silicone sheets help keep the scar flat because of the way they adhere to the skin. I also like the idea of keeping the scars covered because the whole area is extremely sensitive and just the slight rubbing of my clothes against the incisions causes pain.

Lynn, I'm sure your daughter will heal just fine. Youth has quite a few advantages. But I do remember being that age and worrying about every little flaw. (What am I saying? I still do that!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches