Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my day!

I am having my surgery tomorrow. I have to be there at 10am! I am nervous yet ready, but I know I got this!! *Fist pumps*:D:D

Clean your belly button REALLY well and brush the hell out of your teeth in the morning. Your nurse and anesthesia will love you

And keep up the enthusiasm, it's gonna be an incredible experience

Edited by Mhy12784

6 minutes ago, Mhy12784 said:

Clean your belly button REALLY well and brush the hell out of your teeth in the morning. Your nurse and anesthesia will love you

And keep up the enthusiasm, it's gonna be an incredible experience

Yes I cleaned it when I took my first shower and then used the surgery soap. I will do it again when I get up! Thank you!

Edited by GoddessMoon

Good luck GM although it sounds like you won't need it -- you got this! :)

(will write down MHY's advice for next week lol)

1 minute ago, Jeannie49 said:

Good luck GM although it sounds like you won't need it -- you got this! :)

(will write down MHY's advice for next week lol)

Thank you and yess write it down lol

I'm tomorrow as well!! Getting super nervous. I have to get off the forum before I read something that will change my mind. Good luck @GoddessMoon

6 hours ago, YummyMummy303 said:

How did you go GoddessMoon? How do you feel???

I feel good actually! I came home on 12-3. I am suprised how good I feel. The nurses were saying I need to be motivation for the other patients because as soon as I came to when they moved me to my room I got in my regular pjs with a nurses help and I got up and moving. I walked 3 times a day. My bp was up most the time but the last few hrs I was in there it was stable. The hospital broth did not agree with me so I ate Jello and popsicles mostly and drank Water. The gas wasn't so bad either..I finally passed gas 2nd day and had a bm before I left and another when I got home. My inscions are good. They told me not to cover them as they have a liquid sealant on them and they are already itching like crazy. I lost 4pounds while in there 3 days...only thing is hard right now is getting my liquids in to be honest. It is a struggle but my surgeon said he does them a little smaller than most but it will get better as the weeks come. He wanted to see me again on Thurs but I do not live close by so he told me switch to soft foods Friday and come see him on the 14th for a check up. I dont regret anything at all.

I feel good actually! I came home on 12-3. I am suprised how good I feel. The nurses were saying I need to be motivation for the other patients because as soon as I came to when they moved me to my room I got in my regular pjs with a nurses help and I got up and moving. I walked 3 times a day. My bp was up most the time but the last few hrs I was in there it was stable. The hospital broth did not agree with me so I ate Jello and popsicles mostly and drank Water. The gas wasn't so bad either..I finally passed gas 2nd day and had a bm before I left and another when I got home. My inscions are good. They told me not to cover them as they have a liquid sealant on them and they are already itching like crazy. I lost 4pounds while in there 3 days...only thing is hard right now is getting my liquids in to be honest. It is a struggle but my surgeon said he does them a little smaller than most but it will get better as the weeks come. He wanted to see me again on Thurs but I do not live close by so he told me switch to soft foods Friday and come see him on the 14th for a check up. I dont regret anything at all.

That is so wonderful to hear!!! I’m so happy for you! I only just passed gas now, and feel so much better lol [emoji5]

You’re flying through it! I couldn’t even have water barely in hospital. I am struggling to get much in at all still. I don’t think I’ll be ready by Friday to start soft foods, think I’ll be in this liquid stage for a while.

My kids are eating chips - is it crazy that I really feel like licking one? I feel so ashamed. I’m craving food, but not super hungry if that makes sense? They still smell so good tho lol

Sleeved: 2/11/2017

SW: 209lbs/95kgs

5 minutes ago, YummyMummy303 said:

That is so wonderful to hear!!! I’m so happy for you! I only just passed gas now, and feel so much better lol

You’re flying through it! I couldn’t even have Water barely in hospital. I am struggling to get much in at all still. I don’t think I’ll be ready by Friday to start soft foods, think I’ll be in this liquid stage for a while.

My kids are eating chips - is it crazy that I really feel like licking one? I feel so ashamed. I’m craving food, but not super hungry if that makes sense? They still smell so good tho lol

Yea I understand. I am not craving food but I did have a tude when my fam member ate a twix in the car. It smelled so good!! Lol. So I just kept sipping my water and was glad when she was done eating it lol. It will take us awhile to get 64 oz in. I do what I can because I don't want to be dehydrated. Keep up the good work!

Yea I understand. I am not craving food but I did have a tude when my fam member ate a twix in the car. It smelled so good!! Lol. So I just kept sipping my Water and was glad when she was done eating it lol. It will take us awhile to get 64 oz in. I do what I can because I don't want to be dehydrated. Keep up the good work!

It’s a bit rude when people do that knowing what we’re going through. I mean, not the kids because they’re kids, but before my surgery I was fasting as everyone was and someone that was support for another sleever came into the waiting room with all of this food eating it in front of us. I was getting really annoyed. And after surgery, the women next to me that just got sleeved had her dad come in who started talking about McDonalds and how he just had it and it was so good. It’s kind of nasty and passive aggressive really. I hope I never eat that stuff again but yeah - I used to love a good maccas brekky