Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New pain 7 days out

:help: This weekend I went to San Diego with my husband for a naval reunion. I brought all kinds of stuff to occupy myself in the hotel room because I really thought I wouldn't be up to much more. Well, we ended up doing quite a bit of walking and I did have some mushie stuff to eat.

On my left side towards the front of my lower abdomen but still on the side below any of my incision sites, I am having what I would describe as a 'stitch'. It is intermittant, seems to be prompted by movement and is sharp. It has varying degrees of intensity. Tonite after we got home (1.5 hour drive-very smooth) it seems worse than ever. When I sit down I'm usually ok. It hurt some in the car and if I applied pressure to the site, it would ease some. It just seems like an ODD place to be having pain.

If you divided your belly into quarters, it would be in the left lower quandrant near the lower left corner. (Does that muddy the Water for you???) It's just a weird place for pain right now.

It does seem like an "unrelated" place to get new pain, but as long as it's intermittent I wouldn't panic. And no fever right? Have you had a bowel movement yet?

It does seem like an "unrelated" place to get new pain, but as long as it's intermittent I wouldn't panic. And no fever right? Have you had a bowel movement yet?

No fever and I have had BM's. Pain meds seem to help. I am home for the rest of the week and if it doesn't resolve I have my post-op appointment on thursday.

PLease contact your doctor's office this morning and tell them about having pain and let them call it. However, I understand as I had on the very same spot significant discomfort that happen yesterday. I feel in my case (at day 4 yesterday) it might be from gereral down-ward pressure on internally very tinder, healing tissue. And like you, I don't have a fever but had done considerable seating and walking yesterday and last night boy did I feel it to the point it was very hard to sleep.

PLEASE, contact your doc's nurse this morning...that is what we pay them for and you matter.

I have been having some weird pains too, but not where you are cQQlgirl. I guess I just figure it is part of the whole process of healing. I know that they coterized (sp?) inside us, so maybe it is pulling on those areas when we move weird or sit weird. Don't know....just wondering. I have really been trying not to take pain meds. but do take some at night. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

I have pain same place as you, it started day after surgery. My Dr. said it was from a nerve being cut during surgery and pain will finally go away. it's eight weeks since my surgery and still here. I got on another message board and asked about it. Got lot's of replies on it, some had it leave after 3 or 4 months some it took almost a year. Hope this helps.

i am having a pain there as well. i am 7 days past banding as well. My doctor said most likely it's gas trapped. It's in my lower left side of my body not anywhere near the incisions!

I was just noticing the little stich of pain in the same spot on the left side when I read your post. It sounds like with many having similar feeling- it is probably normal. Let us know what your doctor says.

i am having a pain there as well. i am 7 days past banding as well. My doctor said most likely it's gas trapped. It's in my lower left side of my body not anywhere near the incisions!

Thats sorta the conclusion I came to because the pain comes and goes. When I took a gas-x strip, the pain subsided.

Thanks for responding guys!