Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have take out/Fast food?

*Before some people start with the whole " why would you have this surgery if your going to have take out. Take out made you fat" calm down lol many things made us fat but a bite of take out every now and again isn't going to make people fat. But if it's not for you that's perfect. But let's not judge people lol.

I was just curious if people did how often and what they have and how much

I rarely have take out/fast food.. if my family go to KFC I have the skin of one drumstick lol that's it. Or one hotwig that's me full. I find the amount I'm able to eat fascinating.

Well, I'm not post op so shouldn't answer...but, since you asked... ;) hehe I'll play!

I don't have it. It's a massive trigger for me. Cuz you know, if 1 Big Mac is cool, then I want 2 and a fish sandwich, a biggie fries, a shake, and a hot apple pie. :D *snort*

The closest I've come to that is BWW. We do go about 1 time every couple to 3 weeks. It's very hard! But I limit myself to a snack size traditional wings extra crispy with sauce on the side. Then I will have celery and blue cheese and will split a side order of cheese curds. That will mean I'm 1.2lbs up the next day, but will lose it by day 3 or 4. So...yeah...a little somepin somepin that doesn't make me lose my cheese altogether.

Other than that, nah, not so much, but I've been having sex dreams about extra crispy KFC, Whataburger Chix Strips with Cream Gravy, and Popeye's fried chickie with all the sides. ALL. THE. SIDES!!!

Am I yelling? Cuz I feel like I'm yelling!

Well, I'm not post op so shouldn't answer...but, since you asked... [emoji6] hehe I'll play!
I don't have it. It's a massive trigger for me. Cuz you know, if 1 Big Mac is cool, then I want 2 and a fish sandwich, a biggie fries, a shake, and a hot apple pie. [emoji3] *snort*
The closest I've come to that is BWW. We do go about 1 time every couple to 3 weeks. It's very hard! But I limit myself to a snack size traditional wings extra crispy with sauce on the side. Then I will have celery and blue cheese and will split a side order of cheese curds. That will mean I'm 1.2lbs up the next day, but will lose it by day 3 or 4. So...yeah...a little somepin somepin that doesn't make me lose my cheese altogether.
Other than that, nah, not so much, but I've been having sex dreams about extra crispy KFC, Whataburger Chix Strips with Cream Gravy, and Popeye's fried chickie with all the sides. ALL. THE. SIDES!!!
Am I yelling? Cuz I feel like I'm yelling!

It was a huge trigger for me too pre so fully get you !! Now.. it ain't nothing. Pull into MacDonald's. Get one burger only. No fries. Open it up and I eat the Pattie even though I'm allowed the bread on my plan it's a waste of time to me. Eat half the Pattie and give the other half away. What ?? Yes. Same as you . Used to order a few meals to myself haha loving my sleeve hehe

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so happy for you!!!!

So true story. Yesterday I was driving back from PT. And I'm hugely proud of myself for going 3 times per week. You have to know, I'm doing BABBBBYYY exercises and am seriously de-conditioned and have Fluid around my heart. But you know, at least I'm doing it for 1 solid hour. And I embarrassingly break a sweat while doing these tiny exercises.

Afterwards, I'm always starving. Like Starvin' Marvin status. And I'm driving home and pass a Whataburger. And for some reason I think of My 600lb Life show and how they seem to love showing the people go through a drive thru and secretly eat in the car before coming home to make dinner. And I just got this huge rush of pride that I don't do those things. No judgements. But for some reason, I guess cuz Mr. F. knows everything about me, I've never hidden my huge appetite from him. So I don't sneak eat. But I got home, grabbed a healthy snack before heading out the door with Mr. F. to go to Lowe's to go buy a wooden board to make a Christmas tree stand. Now don't get me wrong...after Lowe's I BEGGED and PLEADED to stop for Whataburger Chix Strips. But Mr. F. has already received the memo not to feed the Gremlins when they're hungry and beggin...LOL.

When I was driving from PT to home it was just a surreal feeling of being another person...like, small baby changes...

I'm 6 weeks post op and have had take out or fast food a few times, however, it has been things that have fit in my plan. For example, when I was on the puree stage, I had a Taco Bell Pintos N' cheese, or a Wendy's chili (taken home and blended). Last night after doing some shopping, we had Chic-Fil-A and I got grilled chicken nuggets (130 calories and 14g of Protein in 4 nuggets). As long as you stick to your plan, you should be fine. I try and order plain and basic, keeping sauces and seasonings to the side and season sparingly myself. I'm finding that I can find things to order most everywhere we go.

I was sleeved on October 17th and can tolerate eating just about whatever I want....in tiny amounts, however. (I get to try salad in 2 more days and can't wait.) Last week, I had a bout with a stomach bug and was pretty nauseated for a few days. The only thing that sounded good to me to eat was a DQ cheeseburger. So I had two last week (different days). With unsweet tea. Nothing else, no sides. Of course, I couldn't eat the whole burger but it did taste good to me when nothing else did. I will not avoid fast food totally, it is a convenience in life when traveling. I do hope to be able to plan around it and choose well.

1 hour ago, dreamingsmall said:

*Before some people start with the whole " why would you have this surgery if your going to have take out. Take out made you fat" calm down lol many things made us fat but a bite of take out every now and again isn't going to make people fat. But if it's not for you that's perfect. But let's not judge people lol.

I was just curious if people did how often and what they have and how much

I rarely have take out/fast food.. if my family go to KFC I have the skin of one drumstick lol that's it. Or one hotwig that's me full. I find the amount I'm able to eat fascinating.

You are an adult you make your own choices. Doesn't matter what people think. The only person who has to be happy with the success of your weight loss surgery is you.

In a pinch I have had fast food. I do my best to make good choices. Carl's Jr, I order a low carb(lettuce wrapped) turkey burger. Still high in calories. I have to adjust the rest of my food for the day.

I'd rather go to a non - fast food restaurant and sit down to eat. It's higher quality food and it gives me time to myself.

Triple cheeseburger with ketchup. I have it for lunch or a snack a couple of times a week. I don't often eat the bun as it's too filling.

17 minutes ago, Postop said:

Triple cheeseburger with ketchup. I have it for lunch or a snack a couple of times a week. I don't often eat the bun as it's too filling.

So as in a junior cheeseburger triple? Or as in 3/4lb of meat? You're piccys are amazing and inspirational btw!!!

At Wingstop, I eat Original Hot wings (3 or 4) along with celery and carrots and no dips. At Whataburger, Chick Fila or Bill Miller BBQ, I have a plain salad. At Wendys, I will have a small chili with only onions (no cheese or sour cream). At Subway, I will have a chopped salad. I don't eat fast food anywhere else, although I will eat at sit-down restaurants. I will usually order some type of seafood and a seasonal veggie or salad at those places.

About once per month, I might get two Breakfast tacos with the family (bean and cheese, bacon and egg, potato and egg, etc.), and just eat the insides with a fork.

So, I tend to eat out once per week, but I pretty much stay within my guidelines, log everything, and try to stay under 500 calories for the meal. I also usually hit the gym the next day to make up for it.

I haven't had a burger yet since beef hasn't seemed to agree with me in the past, but a turkey burger does sound good though. Maybe I will give that a try.

Ok...this comment is sure to bring out the haters, but I eat out about once or twice a week. Fast food and sit down. I'm 13 months out and 110lbs down.

Fast food is usually a quarter pound patty - no bread. I order the small fries and eat about 5 (or I steal a few from the kids)

Breakfast - side of eggs, side of sausage (eat about half the sausage)

Last night for dinner I had about 2/3 of a Sonic cheese coney dog (regular size not the footlong)

Regardless of what I eat...I stay within my calories and prioritize my Protein.

I also workout 6 times a week and take my transformation very seriously and I continue to lose because I am committed to losing weight and committed to not going backwards. If I started to gain...I would cut it out immediately.

I gotta suck down 2,100 calories a day to maintain so yeah, I'll order something on occasion. Had half a burrito from Taco Bell last night and brought the other half in to work for lunch.

21 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

So as in a junior cheeseburger triple? Or as in 3/4lb of meat? You're piccys are amazing and inspirational btw!!!

Nope. A full triple cheeseburger. I don't eat it at one sitting. Probably wait about 1/2 hour till I can finish the rest unless I'm starving. Remember as a DSer I need 125+ grams of protein/day so I eat a ton of Protein.

Thanks, Fluffy. You'll get there, too. :)

11 minutes ago, Postop said:

Nope. A full triple cheeseburger. I don't eat it at one sitting. Probably wait about 1/2 hour till I can finish the rest unless I'm starving. Remember as a DSer I need 125+ grams of protein/day so I eat a ton of Protein.

Thanks, Fluffy. You'll get there, too. :)

Cudos! *imaginary hat tip mam!* :D

Before wls I had an addiction to fast food, I thought about it constantly on my 1.5 hour commute each way and though I promised myself I wouldn't stop, I often did..
Since surgery that behavior has stopped. I work and have two small children with after school activities and because of this we still take advantage of some convenience food, but usually if I'm going to McDonald's I'll get nothing and just feed the kids, occasionally I'll get a grilled chicken salad. If we get pizza I eat one slice. Imo occasionally eating these foods is a normal part of life and don't need to be forbidden in to be successful. We do this 1-3 times per month.