Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Multicare Tacoma

Did anyone use Multicare in Tacoma, WA? I am currently going through Chi Franciscan, but they are kinda dropping the ball with my paperwork and I am thinking of switching.

What kind of requirements and medical tests were needed? (I did all the ones chi requires, but curious if there is a difference).

I am definitely not a CHI fan, not one single bit. Both from an employee and a patient standpoint. Where do you live? I am in Kitsap County, and looking to find a support group. Do you know if there is one around? When is your surgery date? I had my surgery on Wed, Nov 15. So far, so good. It’s a little bit odd getting used to my new way of life, and I am still healing, but I believe I have made the most important and wonderful decision I could’ve ever made for myself. Onward we go!

Im Mason County. I haven't looked for support groups yet, other than the online variety. I don't have a surgery date yet. I have completed all my medical tests, etc. and I am trying to get chi to submit to insurance but not only have they not called to get my ekg results, the dietitian thinks the people i talked to at my insurance company are wrong. (Is it possible? Sure, but its no hair off her back to have my stuff submitted to ins. for approval).

For reference, I have talked to my insurance about the 6 month nutrition requirement. I have 10 months of Weight watchers from August 2016- May 2017, Doctors visits (not weight related visits, but weight was taken and discussed in August, September, October, March, and April). And on my former insurance I did 6 months of calling their nutritionist weekly and they paid for my weight watchers at the time. Chi still hasnt requested it from what I can tell. Anyway, talked to my insurance several times now and each time they have encouraged me to get my doctors office to submit for approval.

Not to mention i have a hiatal hernia and gerd as well and my insurance says that their medical team might give a waiver to the 6 month requirement anyway.

This is why I am thinking of switching, there doesn't seem to be much follow through. I have had to bend over backwards to get records, etc (which i don't mind, since it speeds things up etc) but I gave records requests almost a month ago and i get the impression they haven't even asked for them.

Just in case, i also started nutrition visits with my pcp beginning of this month.

Needless to say, I am bit frustrated. For the record, I have otherwise liked Chi, but the follow through i am getting kind of frustrated about.

Edited by codequery