Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you checked out youtube at all?

if your doc cleared you go for it

I was in the gym six days after surgery doing gentle cardio on a recumbent bike. No reason you can't do whatever your body feels capable of. I really like Yoga By Adrienne on You Tube. Also, Fitness blender is good and if you want to spend about $10/month you can go with Daily Burn and you'll have new workouts every day.

By the time I was 3 months out I was in the gym 5 days a week doing cardio and weights and working with a trainer who set up a plan for me - I used my local YMCA - did classes as time allowed/

I've been exercising since surgery, been lifting weights since 6 weeks out, and been doing ab work since 8 weeks out. I would think yoga would definitely be fine at 3 months out.

Of course, that is up to your doctor.

I highly recommend DDP Yoga. https://ddpyoga.com/

They have DVDs which is what I have, but since then they now have an iOS (not sure on Android) App.

Get yourself a medball/slamball and some kettlebells. Good old air squats are a killer too

Other than that walk, jog, run, etc. Exercise isn't a huge mystery. You just got to get out there and move.

If you do end up going to a gym look here for @BigVifferroutine.

Edited by OneDollarBill

30 minutes ago, OneDollarBill said:

For a great weight training routine look here for @BigVifferroutine.

Thank you for the reference, but I would like to clarify that is merely a weight lifting guide and not a training guide. That routine was really good for keeping what muscle I had and losing fat. Once I started actually building muscle, I transitioned to actual training. Much more regimented and less variety. Lots of tracking and log maintaining. Lots of reading, attending lectures, and eventually one on one coaching led me strength training. (Notice I said a coach and not a trainer)

I've mentioned it before, but there was little interest in actual weight training on this board. Many men just want to look good after being fat for so long (I get it) and women think they will "bulk up" which is total BS and cannot happen without serious effort and questionable supplements.

1 minute ago, BigViffer said:

Thank you for the reference, but I would like to clarify that is merely a weight lifting guide and not a training guide. That routine was really good for keeping what muscle I had and losing fat. Once I started actually building muscle, I transitioned to actual training. Much more regimented and less variety. Lots of tracking and log maintaining. Lots of reading, attending lectures, and eventually one on one coaching led me strength training. (Notice I said a coach and not a trainer)

I've mentioned it before, but there was little interest in actual weight training on this board. Many men just want to look good after being fat for so long (I get it) and women think they will "bulk up" which is total BS and cannot happen without serious effort and questionable supplements.

I meant to say guide and not training. ;) Thanks for the clarification. I just know your post in the men's forum was a huge help to those of us looking to put a baseline routine together. I know it helps me with the breaking out of doing the same old same old routine from the past.

I meant to say guide and not training. Thanks for the clarification. I just know your post in the men's forum was a huge help to those of us looking to put a baseline routine together. I know it helps me with the breaking out of doing the same old same old routine from the past.

Yessssss! I am very interested in weight training. I used to train and compete before I gained weight. Cant wait to get back to it!!!! Weight training does NOT bulk up women. I wish it was that easy to gain muscle. It does speed up your metabolism and make you feel fantastic though!

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 235
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

8 hours ago, Sherry Rice said:

Weight training does NOT bulk up women. I wish it was that easy to gain muscle.

Right?! I am having to work my ass off just to make gains. I just bought fractional plates because I just can't make the 5 lbs jumps anymore.