Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2017 Gastric Bypass!

Absolutely everything is done. All my pre-op tests. Blood typing. Pre-op visit with anesthesia. Instructions given for showering with hibiclens and sleeping in clean sheets the night before. All. Done.

Now I have 8 days until my clear liquid pre-op day, and 9 days until surgery. A week and a half to just get nervous and stress. :o

Absolutely everything is done. All my pre-op tests. Blood typing. Pre-op visit with anesthesia. Instructions given for showering with hibiclens and sleeping in clean sheets the night before. All. Done.
Now I have 8 days until my clear liquid pre-op day, and 9 days until surgery. A week and a half to just get nervous and stress. [emoji33]

Congratulations!

16 hours ago, tankheadmommy said:

How are feeling?

I actually feel amazing. This process has be great so far. Minimal gas pain, no nausea, just tender incision sights. Thank you checking on me.

On 11/12/2017 at 5:06 PM, 823freckles said:

Yay! So nice to see some fellow December gastric bypass people! I am excited but really, really nervous. I also have a pretty extreme pre-op diet from my surgeon-based on my BMI, I have 4 weeks of Protein Shakes and raw vegetables! So I start that Tuesday.

I am new here too, but it looks like there's like a "follow thread" button at the top. I think if you post on the thread, you have automatically "followed" it as well, and will be notified of new posts. Hope that helps!

I had my gastric bypass surgery dec 15th just got home yesterday I am surviving the liquid diet pretty well it’s very nice to have others inputs

2 minutes ago, NK49 said:

I had my gastric bypass surgery dec 15th just got home yesterday I am surviving the liquid diet pretty well it’s very nice to have others inputs

Was it planned that you'd be in the hospital that long? Or did you travel for surgery? Hopefully you didn't have any complications!

Oh shoot i put the wrong date...it was the 18th!

Just now, NK49 said:

Oh shoot i put the wrong date...it was the 18th!

That's good though! You were only in two days!

Hello everyone. I had my surgery on the 21st and I came home last night. I was actually afraid to come home. I have heard of so many people having issues with coming home and then having to go back in to the hospital. So far so good. I am able to get in all my fluids, consume liquids, and take my Vitamins. I am so grateful!

Sent from my SM-T818T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello everyone. I had my surgery on the 21st and I came home last night. I was actually afraid to come home. I have heard of so many people having issues with coming home and then having to go back in to the hospital. So far so good. I am able to get in all my fluids, consume liquids, and take my Vitamins. I am so grateful!

That’s great! I have been home for a day too and taking it slow and trying to follow all the instructions... so far it’s okay.. glad your doing well... I’m trying to hold that each experience is different and unique.. helps me just focus on my body and what it’s trying to tell me

That’s great! I have been home for a day too and taking it slow and trying to follow all the instructions... so far it’s okay.. glad your doing well... I’m trying to hold that each experience is different and unique.. helps me just focus on my body and what it’s trying to tell me

I totally agree. It sounds like we are tackling this the same way...awesome!

I had sleeve surgery on the 18th, too. So far so good. No nausea, doing ok with the pain. It does look like I'm bruising on 2 of the incision sites... Not as bad as where they did my IV, though! And I'm starting to get some acid reflux (I guess?) It's not that icky acidic bile - just a little harder when I swallow, ya know? So just trying to stay upright, walk, and drink slowly...

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app