Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5’7” 226 BMI 35 anyone similar? December ‘17 surgery

Hi! I’m 5’7 1/2” 226 BMI of 35. I’m one month pre op yet. Very interesting reading all of these forums! Some true inspiration stories here and weight loss time track envy! I’m praying to lose my hunger & extra pounds as quickly & steadily as possibly safe. I’ve got little support in my family And it’s more like everyone is waiting to see me fail & prove them all right since I tried the obera balloon last fall & failed MISERABLY Then proceeded to gain over 25 pounds in the last year. I’m a retired police officer of 20 years and have ALWAYS been strong & in shape & proud of my mother of 3 body. Not anymore. I don’t even recognize myself. Scheduled for surgery 12/7/17. I’m 46 years old. Any similar numbers out there for inspiration or December 2017 Sleevers? Help!

I am 5’6 (and a 1/2) my surgery weight was 226. So I’m very close to you. My revision surgery was 8/8/17.

Good luck on your journey. Just remember this is about you and your health. Whatever anyone else thinks just doesn’t matter. You got this. [emoji1360]

Hi there. I am 5’7 and 230 lbs so pretty close.

I am having lab band revision to gastric bypass, on 14 December.

Bit nervous but looking forward to getting back to the healthier, no knee-pain, clothes off the rack position I was before band failed, 5 years ago.

Hey Sips where are you at now? Thank you for the reply. How was your immediate post op? I’m a little nervous, I’m retired but have 3 daughters and 3 dogs to take care of. Hubby just found out he has an out of town meeting to attend days 1-4 post op. 😳😬

Hey Sips where are you at now? Thank you for the reply. How was your immediate post op? I’m a little nervous, I’m retired but have 3 daughters and 3 dogs to take care of. Hubby just found out he has an out of town meeting to attend days 1-4 post op. [emoji15][emoji51]

Tomorrow is my 3 month mark. The best thing I can tell you about post op, is to walk. I was up and waking and still had brain fog. I knew from my previous two laparoscopic surgeries (lapband and gallbladder) that the only way to get the gas out and avoid most of the post op pain was to walk. My bestie was my savior, I told her before they wheeled me out to make sure I was up and walking asap.

I was outpatient so I went home the same day and just did laps around the living room taking a one ounce sip of liquid at each lap. I was tired but ok. Walk and get your liquids in. The rest will come.

It took about 4 weeks for me to not be so tired. My only complication was my incisions took forever to heal. Three popped open and needed me to debride them and keep them bandaged. They healed finally around 10 weeks.

So far I’ve had two stalls. My HW was 242, surgery day I was 226. At the moment I’m stuck at bouncing 189-190. Frustrating but it will pass.

How old are your daughters? You should be able to fend for yourself just don’t lift anything over 5lbs.

On 11/5/2017 at 5:46 PM, Ladycop2070 said:

Hi! I’m 5’7 1/2” 226 BMI of 35. I’m one month pre op yet. Very interesting reading all of these forums! Some true inspiration stories here and weight loss time track envy! I’m praying to lose my hunger & extra pounds as quickly & steadily as possibly safe. I’ve got little support in my family And it’s more like everyone is waiting to see me fail & prove them all right since I tried the obera balloon last fall & failed MISERABLY Then proceeded to gain over 25 pounds in the last year. I’m a retired police officer of 20 years and have ALWAYS been strong & in shape & proud of my mother of 3 body. Not anymore. I don’t even recognize myself. Scheduled for surgery 12/7/17. I’m 46 years old. Any similar numbers out there for inspiration or December 2017 Sleevers? Help!

Yes! I was very similar situation actually!! Im 5’8” & 238, started out with a BMI of 35-36, but had lots of blood pressure issues & on CPAP! So I qualified. I’m 3 wks post op rny & lost 21 lbs total (preop Fluid diet I lost 15 lbs on no sodium broths and lost 6 after surgery so far). I’m just beginning my post op journey but hear lots of people lose about minimum of 2-3 lbs per wk (or more) post op at a lower BMI like ours. Seems to be true with me, but we can rest assured that even with smaller losses per week, it will pick up and should remain steady! That’s 8-10 lbs per month minimum, so I’ll take it! In 5 months that’s 50 lbs minimum gone!

11 hours ago, SIPS in Seattle said:

Tomorrow is my 3 month mark. The best thing I can tell you about post op, is to walk. I was up and waking and still had brain fog. I knew from my previous two laparoscopic surgeries (lapband and gallbladder) that the only way to get the gas out and avoid most of the post op pain was to walk. My bestie was my savior, I told her before they wheeled me out to make sure I was up and walking asap.

I was outpatient so I went home the same day and just did laps around the living room taking a one ounce sip of liquid at each lap. I was tired but ok. Walk and get your liquids in. The rest will come.

It took about 4 weeks for me to not be so tired. My only complication was my incisions took forever to heal. Three popped open and needed me to debride them and keep them bandaged. They healed finally around 10 weeks.

So far I’ve had two stalls. My HW was 242, surgery day I was 226. At the moment I’m stuck at bouncing 189-190. Frustrating but it will pass.

How old are your daughters? You should be able to fend for yourself just don’t lift anything over 5lbs.

My high weight was 242 as well and surgery day I was 227. (Can’t believe how close we were to each other starting out!) I’m 3 Weeks post op rny (surg was Oct 17th).

I cannot wait to get to my 3 Month post op mark too & can only hope I’m in the 180-190’s too!

Your doing fantastic coming from 242!!!

My high weight was 242 as well and surgery day I was 227. (Can’t believe how close we were to each other starting out!) I’m 3 Weeks post op rny (surg was Oct 17th).
I cannot wait to get to my 3 Month post op mark too & can only hope I’m in the 180-190’s too!
Your doing fantastic coming from 242!!!

Thank you! The time will go by super fast, before you know it you’ll be at 3 months.

I feel like I’m a rather slow loser which is usually the case as a revision vs a first time wls patient. But as long as it’s still coming off it then it’s all good.

Good luck to you, I’m sure you’ll hit 180-190 in no time [emoji4]

I am 226 today, being careful before the op. Worried about this bloody band, but a gastrectomy today (swallowing a camera is NOT fun) showed no band erosion, and no s new surgeon inks the band has come undone and is pressing my diaphragm!

Been out on a Protein Tasting journey today, getting ready.

5 weeks til op. I hadn’t heard that revisionists loose weight slower that first timers. I know we shouldn’t want to rush, but that is hard, huh?

I can’t wait to see my hip bones again. It’s been 3 years since I’ve seen them & felt them. Huge goal for me - HIP BONES

I need to be able to drive my daughter to & from school directly after discharge from hospital so probably day 3 post op - eternity lol I just want to make sure that pain pills & pain is not going to savagely abuse me & make it so I can’t drive. I’m a huge wimp now when it comes to pain. This is like surgery #10 for me lifetime wise and now that I’ve retired my pain threshold has GREATLY decreased. How was post op for you all?

Edited by Ladycop2070

150# at 6 month mark is my ultimate goal. I’ll be happy with 170 tho.

I drove about 4 or 5 days post op but just down the street. And I tried to walk around the grocery store but man that pooped me out.