Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I know if I'm eating too much

Hi friends!!!

So I had a revision from band to sleeve September 1st. I've read so many comments on here about people throwing up when trying certain foods, and eating something and immediately getting sick. I haven't thrown up once. (Not complaining). I haven't felt sick. But I feel like I can eat so much food! For lunch this week I was having 2 oz. of tunafish and a piece of cheddar cheese. I feel full and gthen then an hour later I'm hungry again. Wasn't that supposed to go away? Should I try eating more tuna? I feel like I can easily hit 1000 calories. Any ideas? Help!!

Your stomach will let you know! Well at least for me it has! My throat gets knotted up,as if I had food stuck, and I feel the food siting right on my stomach this happens with just a few spoons of whatever I'm eating. I wait about 15-20min to continue my meal! Is not a pretty fun feeling feeling full and having to throw up

1 hour ago, Kristen117 said:

Hi friends!!!

So I had a revision from band to sleeve September 1st. I've read so many comments on here about people throwing up when trying certain foods, and eating something and immediately getting sick. I haven't thrown up once. (Not complaining). I haven't felt sick. But I feel like I can eat so much food! For lunch this week I was having 2 oz. of tunafish and a piece of cheddar cheese. I feel full and gthen then an hour later I'm hungry again. Wasn't that supposed to go away? Should I try eating more tuna? I feel like I can easily hit 1000 calories. Any ideas? Help!!

I've never gotten sick off of anything, thankfully. My NUT's calorie range for me is 600-800 calories a day and I'm 22 days out. I too am a LB to sleeve patient and I think that I remember reading somewhere that we have a harder time being able to tell when we're full and can eat more if we let it get away from us.

Look for other bodily cues as well. My nose starts to run when I'm done. It's so weird but a good signal.

Band to Vsg revision: 5/23/17

HW: 315+
Starting weight: 294
Surgery Day: 281
Current: 221
Goal 170

I’m 3 weeks post op tomorrow and was seriously worried that I wasn’t getting any signals or not reading them correctly for a while. I then realized I start burping when I’m full, like my body’s trying to make room? Still, I worried that I’m never gonna get that 🛑 everybody else seems to be talking about. Well, today my body reacted as it should and while I’m not proud of the fact that I barfed into the nearest trash can which happened to be in the kitchen in full view of the family having their dinner... I am rather happy that my tummy said “see, your sleeve is working; just LISTEN!”

I'm 10 wks out from LB to sleeve and I wonder same thing. I feel
Like I can eat too much. Not all the time but a couple of times I got hiccups and 2 other times I got a tummy ache.
I do not count calories. I try and focus on my Protein and Fluid Intake. I am trying to do a ketogenic (Keto) diet, which I discussed with my nutritionist.

I also struggle with eating and drinking at same time. I eat, then immediately want to drink something [emoji30].