Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op practical jokes

wjgo

My op is not for 2 months, but I want to start setting up a practical joke on everyone I know.

If you have any ideas, please post them.

My main Target is my ultrafitness-centered brother who measures his bmi and fat content to at least 0.1%, and my fitness oriented brother and my personal trainer sister in law.

Only people that know about my surgery are my parents. And they will be in on the joke.

My mother will call my brothers with great concern about my weight loss and obsession with medicine balls. She will be concern that I have been unhealthy, possibly bolemia, and suffering from OCD and my medicine ball use is worse than the local teenagers and their skateboard ramps.

They'll come and visit me, and I'll always have a medicine ball, and just play it up. They also see me with a medicine ball when I visit them for Christmas. Anything to perplex them over weight loss. Brother is a graphic design artist, and I might ask him to design a book cover for a self published book "Medicine Ball Miracle". And just see how far I can go with them and everyone else.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sooo funny... just don't let 'em see you eat for the first couple months!

Instead of medicine balls.. do enemas! Mom calls and says your brother is obsessed with enemas! And look, he's dropped 50lbs in a couple months!!!!

Oh man, there was a show.. strange addictions or something like that.. people do the craziest stuff sometimes! (There was a couple that were addicted to coffee enemas.. they did it like, I dunno.. 3 hours a day or some such thing...).

An enemas might be too much. My idea for a medicine ball, would be that it would be goofy for me, and I can buy books about it, and leave them around apt (after scuffing them up, buying used copies). I can also lay around balls, scuff them up, and even flatten one somehow.

I will use the idea of Yoga. I could have my mom ask my sis in law if she ever heard of anyone using an enema for weight loss. I could buy whatever cheap enema gear there is and have my mom say I left it after walking her dogs, but not sure what it is.

An enemas might be too much. My idea for a medicine ball, would be that it would be goofy for me, and I can buy books about it, and leave them around apt (after scuffing them up, buying used copies). I can also lay around balls, scuff them up, and even flatten one somehow.

I will use the idea of Yoga. I could have my mom ask my sis in law if she ever heard of anyone using an enema for weight loss. I could buy whatever cheap enema gear there is and have my mom say I left it after walking her dogs, but not sure what it is.

What????

Sent from my LG-K540 using BariatricPal mobile app

My op is not for 2 months, but I want to start setting up a practical joke on everyone I know.
If you have any ideas, please post them.
My main Target is my ultrafitness-centered brother who measures his bmi and fat content to at least 0.1%, and my fitness oriented brother and my personal trainer sister in law.
Only people that know about my surgery are my parents. And they will be in on the joke.
My mother will call my brothers with great concern about my weight loss and obsession with medicine balls. She will be concern that I have been unhealthy, possibly bolemia, and suffering from OCD and my medicine ball use is worse than the local teenagers and their skateboard ramps.
They'll come and visit me, and I'll always have a medicine ball, and just play it up. They also see me with a medicine ball when I visit them for Christmas. Anything to perplex them over weight loss. Brother is a graphic design artist, and I might ask him to design a book cover for a self published book "Medicine Ball Miracle". And just see how far I can go with them and everyone else.

That is hilarious. Pics of the medicine ball everywhere, like the roaming gnome, would be fun. Name the medicine ball. Buy it gifts. Give it a seat at the table.

Also a balance ball - sit on it everwhere, restaurants, nail salon, just for the pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using BariatricPal mobile app

Wilsonnnnn!!!!!!

(Reference to the befriended volleyball in the movie "Castaway")

Ok... yeah, the enema thing is probably too much. But the medicine ball gag could be hilarious! Love it!

And be sure to arrange for a video or photo to be taken during moment of truth... those faces will be priceless.

Hilarious! I wish that I had thought of that! LOL

That's hilarious actually!
I might do the same thing with cinnamon. My blood sugar levels have been uncontrollable the past year and through the roof. My dad's side of the family has diabetes but they are all fortunate to be skinny and 1 simple pill in the morning controls it. For the past year they have all literally been gifting me cinnamon pills swearing by them and insisting I don't need insulin. I swear I have a stash of 10 or so bottles of the stuff.
They've all felt sorry for me or made me feel less as a human all my life for being overweight. Now with age they're all slowly packing on the pounds and don't understand why. I may get them all to start taking cinnamon pills!

Ha.

I can't go overboard that that I am crazy. I have to maintain a plausable reality. I don't think they could believe me if I try to tell them it's enemas, that might trigger very serious inquiry. As funny as that might be, it might be too much over the top.

I might include some stupid "as seen on TV" gear, and a stress ball.

The cinnamon pill gave me an idea. I'll need to also need to include those Neugenic pills sold on radio, TV or some herb bought at their favorite store Trader Joe's

SHALLOW HAL theme for aquatinances. I will just deny I lost any weight at all. I'll jokingly suggest that perhaps they see anyone they fone like as fat, as ask if they are purposely trying to microagress me

So funny!!

I can see it now.. "Have you lost weight?"

"No"

I have GOT to try that too!

SHALLOW HAL theme for aquatinances. I will just deny I lost any weight at all. I'll jokingly suggest that perhaps they see anyone they fone like as fat, as ask if they are purposely trying to microagress me

That should be a good one :)

So funny!!
I can see it now.. "Have you lost weight?"
"No"
I have GOT to try that too!

You crack me up!

THIS WILL BE EPIC
April 1st is on a Sunday in 2018, about 3 months after my anticipated surgery.

My mom will schedule a family picnic in early March for that day. I never pranked them hard, so they will expect nothing from her. And say there will be family news.

There, we will break the news that my weight loss is linked to some terrible cancer or disease. I have really been exercising to get my mind off of it, and because what I look like in 6 months, will probably what I will look like in my casket. My medicine ball was just a way to cope with my disease. And probably will not be walking in 12 months, maybe gone or bed ridden in 18.

I will do this while they see me come walking in, with a walker.

My parents will have to either cry at the news, or leave the room if they can't fake it.

At some point I'll have to break the joke, but not after I tell my brother at some point I'll need him to have the courage to help me in an assisted suicide.

My sister in law wants a dog. So I'll ask her if shell promise to take care of my Terrier sometime next year when I can no longer play with him.