Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mad Really Mad

Twice now I have had to call my doctor's office and TWICE NOW I can't get a damn return call. First was about another issue but Ive come to find out I can't tolerate artificial sweetners well! Yeah me.

I have been extremely dizzy last 3 days. I sucked it up for 3 days thinking its just my body getting use to working again and the 450 calorie diet until today it got so bad I couldn't drive and had to pull over. This was after spending all last evening with chills. It was warm here.

I don't think I'm being overly concerned and gave myself time to see if it would pass but I haven't read one post about anyone else being extrememly dizzy. It feels like I am completely off balance and foggy. It comes and goes and then I'm fine. However, today it lasted for about 2 hours. YES I ATE & DRANK

Am I right to be upset that I can't even be given a return call?

I think you certainly have a right to be ticked off. They should call you -- even if they think it is nothing -- to either set your mind at ease or get more information from you to determine if it really IS nothing. I was only dizzy on my 3rd day post op and it was because I was totally not drinking enough, I also had a fever of about 100 degrees the next morning. I just took some tylenol and drank as much Water as I could tolerate, and the fever and dizziness went away. Did you have a fever with your chills? My doc said it was time to worry if it was 101 or over (but I tell my patients if it is 100.5 or over - I work for a homecare agency and that is our policy).

Either way, you deserve to 1) feel better, and 2) have peace of mind. If things continue to worsen, I'd page my doctor if I were you. Good luck and let us know how you are feeling!

Jenne

I think it is totally unprofessional for them to not call you back. They certainly got paid to do the work, now they need to continue with follow up. Maybe you are dehydrated, that will cause dizziness and nausia.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Maybe I have have officially overdosed on Soup and jell-o!!!

No temp

I'm feeling BLAH. To sum it up I feel like I took my pain meds (loopy out of it feeling) without having to take any pain meds plus I'm achy and WHINY as you all can read.:sick

Just wondering if having to get in & out of my car all day, carrying stuff into my accounts, and the driving it may have finally caught up to me. You don't realize how much we take for granted those muscles.

I had a good food day: almost have in 50oz of Water, 8oz of Cranberry juice, 6oz of Prodiet Soup, and a Jello pack. I tried to do more soup but couldn't get it down. Gag me with a spoon! That's for us Children of the 80s!

I would have been fine with a phone call saying Suck it up its part of the process I would just like an answer. I'm really not one of those people who run to the doctor I have to be dragged or threatened into going.

Gag me with a spoon? HEHEHE, I see we are the same age.

I am glad you have no temperature, just take care of yourself.

Jello Hater- Maybe you need more calories to work and recover. It is just a thought. 450 calories is very low, and if you are active maybe your body is saying, "feed me." I get headaches and dizziness when I am famished. During this recovery time I have been eating full fat cream Soups, full fat yogurts, and full fat pudding. I get about 1000 calories. My doctor said this time wasn't about losing weight this time was about healing.

You definitely have a right to be upset. You paid the guy and now you need him to provide you with the follow up care. I have been feeling dizzy too. I know it is because I am not getting enough calories or Water. Tomorrow I can get off the Clear Liquids and start thicker liquids, so I know that will help a lot. And going back to work and all that running around is a lot when we are recovering. I feel your pain. Just try to drink and eat what you can and rest rest rest.

We also said "gag a maggot" how gross is that. I'm an 80's child too. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I used to manage a 5 physician clinic. Our policy was that ALL calls are to be returned the same day. This is a real pet peeve of mine. I would definately be ticked.

Doctors finally called back at 10:30am!

He seems to think (and I agree) I need to get some more carbs in my diet b/c of the amount of activity I have been doing.

I don't feel as loopy but getting out of bed today was a $^%&! Felt like I did 200 crunches and we know that didn't happen.....ever!

I am working from home today and taking it easy.

PS

I ATE AN EGG!!!! I was never so excited to a scrambled egg in my life. lunch is going to be mashed potaters! :hungry: I am so glad liquid stage is done.

I ate an egg too! I took me an hour to gulp said egg down, but I did it! That was at 8:00 am this morning. I am still not hungry...it is now 3:30 pm. Imagine what one little egg can do. I also went shopping for my mushy food. I went crazy and spent a lot of money, and I probably can't eat what I bought but I was just thrilled to be shopping again!

Ashley- I am glad that you are feeling better and eating more. Maybe this weekend you can rest and eat, rest and eat, rest and eat. (What a life, huh?) You'll be right as rain before you know it. Take care my friend.

lizzie, are you still taking pain meds? well, i was dizzy and weirded out for about a week after surgery...i had some very agressive pain medication, i was wacked out the 2nd day, and could not sleep..i adopted a child on T.V. from peru, which sounds really nice, but i really dont remember the call, i thought that i went on the shopping network, but found out that i really didnt use my credit card for that, Thank goodness so you see, we all do weird things, if it isnt the pain meds, call your doc AGAIN!!!