Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I should have asked sooner...

My insurance approved me for a breast reduction. No problem. First request. I'm still MO. Actually, I'm MO again. This is not about weight loss or goals or anything except bigger than necessary boobs. Hmmm.

I bet they'll look great in your bikini clad "after" picture. :D

That is great that they approved you on the first request.

I spoke to my band surgeon this week about getting breat reduction surgery.

I lost 8 inches since my surgery but nothing in my cup size. I'm tired of having my cups runneth over. He told me that I need to wait at least another year until I hit my 2 year band anniversary. He thought they would reduce in size on their own.

He did tell me that I would definitely need a Tummy Tuck, He used some medical terms, but basically because I had four pregnancies and have been overweight my entire adult life that the skin will not go back.

Had any one had insurance pay for their tummy tucks? I might have to pay out of pocket to the plastic surgeon.

I've heard if you can document infections/irritations under your 'apron' of skin. That insurance is likely to pay. So, hopefully, your doc documented that you discussed it and going forward if you have ANYTHING that irritates you about it, have it documented, take pics, etc.

wow that is so neat...it really interests me so if you decide to go forth I would love to hear about your experience (hope i'm not grossing you out or anything) being larger busted myself I have thought about a reduction, after weightloss of course, but the whole process makes me curious....let me know would ya :D good luck with everything and congratulations on your approval that's great!!

Sue, your gonna have to give us all the details if you have this surgery. I have given it a lot of thought myself. Good luck!

Deal is...every time my band is tight enough, I get reflux. This time, i was reluctant to let him tighten it vey much at all. So, my weight loss stalled, reversed, went up and down for a while and is minimal.

That said, I had the TT and I am about to have it "revised." I knew going in that such a huge amputation would need tweaking after the fact. So I'll probably have them done together. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, I'm delighted that I had it done.

Greg, you are such a mess, LOL!!! What kind of tummy excersices are you doing? I am a little afraid of vigorous ab workouts.

"I'm tired of having my cups runneth over" That one made my belly jiggle.

Sue, my best friend from high school just had a reduction at 41 yrs old. Her doctor recommended a reduction when we were still in high school since she had numb Patches on her shoulders since 16. She was teased in high school, they'd say she was smuggling watermellons. She never flaunted them and was very self-conscious, but that didn't stop her from eating up the attetion. I never understood why she had dates every single weekend (naive late bloomer figured it out when my friend that dated her admitted he just wanted her boobs.) She was size 7 then. But over the years she packed on the pounds. She went for consultations, and the docs told her to lose weigh first. It went on for years, and finally they allowed the reduction cause the weight wasn't coming off. She went into surgery with a Triple H cup. Being a nurse herself, she insisted on the best surgeon in the San Antonio area, and he later told her that she was his biggest case in history. He wasn't even able to tell her what size she'd be afterwards, but estimated a large C to a D. She had enormous pain and a lot of complications - hers were still so heavy that they kept opening the stitchs. But she's finally free. Her only regret was waiting so long. She's somewhere between a C & D cup and at 41 years old is wearing T-shirts with bras for the first time in her life. She was always the girl with the unbuttoned blouse over something else, pulling it closed all the time. Freedom at last.

Blossom... I am doing some ab crunches and I'm not feeling any pain or truble with my port. I'm hoping these start showing some inprovement soon.

Betty thinks I'm crazy and Blossom says I'm a mess. Oh well LOL Someday I'll straighten up...and when I do they will drop the lid on me LOL

Leatha_g.. No I don't have big screen monitor. I'll just look at one at a time. LOL

I just talked to a Duodenal Switch patient who got insurance to pay for a Tummy Tuck after 6 months of trying. She just kept going back to the dermatologist they sent her to until they gave in. She had rashes and skin trouble and she's 2 years out from surgery.