Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im SOO HUNGRY! How are you making it through?

No I have not fastfoodaddictnomore! Im only allowed clear broth on my pre-op diet! There are a lot of Soups that i love but am unable to have them! Thanks for the suggestions i really appreciate it!

Five sleeps to my Thursday morning (12th Oct) gastric sleeve surgery.

Have reached the stage after 3.5 weeks of so much Liquid Protein that I got to 9pm tonight and pretty much had to force myself to consume the last two shakes of the day.

It's coming up 11pm Saturday now and I've had 2.5 shakes, a pot of tea, two litres of tap Water and a bowl of stir fried veggies.

I have no room left. I think I'll just go to bed.

Five sleeps to my Thursday morning (12th Oct) gastric sleeve surgery.
Have reached the stage after 3.5 weeks of so much liquid Protein that I got to 9pm tonight and pretty much had to force myself to consume the last two shakes of the day.
It's coming up 11pm Saturday now and I've had 2.5 shakes, a pot of tea, two litres of tap Water and a bowl of stir fried veggies.
I have no room left. I think I'll just go to bed.

I understand Rainbow_Warrior! Congratulations in your up and coming surgery! I just went to the store and found some more flavor options for my Protein Shakes, i am so over drinking them lol but i know this is just the beginning, i have 9 more days until surgery and i already cant wait to have other options if protien[emoji30]! Hang in there!

After surgery I was having what my doctor called was mental hunger. After being sleeved the task is to recondition the mind about food. As my doctor explained it the portion of your stomach that is removed creates the chemical that causes hunger.

Listen to your body.. Is your mind telling you, you've gotta eat or are you feeling weak, having stomachache (hunger cramps)?
I kept my mouth busy by chewing ice, that kept my mind distracted.
You can make it...

Sent from my SM-N910P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! Im pretty sure its probably in my head! I haven’t felt faint or cramps so im thankful for that! Eating ice might be a great idea! I have still been going strong! Thanks for the encouragement

I know all doctors are different, but mine didn't require any pre-liquid diet, only the day before. However, I heard some doctors giving out month long liquid diets before surgery. D:
I chose to do a week of liquids before my surgery (for my own peace of mind and to prepare myself) which is tomorrow, and I know how you feel. What helped me, was switching it up and doing my own little recipes - I'd combine red and green Jello or chicken broth with Tomato Soup. Weird, I know, but I've a low expectation for food (I think TV dinners are amazing lol).
Maybe this will help? :3

Thank you MichaelHigwind! I have been doing my little mixes as well especially with my Protein Shakes lol, I commend you for doing a liquid diet even though you didn’t have to, it shows how dedicated you are! I will be praying for you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery[emoji1488]

I started my liquid diet on last Sunday and Wed was day 4 for me (when you were on day 3) and I was also very miserable. I thought this whole thing was a total bust. Didn't think I was going to make it at all......and the trips to the bathroom!!! Oh, those shakes were cleaning me out for sure. I have tried Peanut Butter powder and sugar free hot choc for a "reese peanut butter" type shake. not bad. I have vanilla Protein Powder and unflavored powder. I am going to make a pumpkin smoothie this week. I am allowed very thin creamed Soups - - very thinl! I use Freelife Mile because there is alot of Protein in this as well. My surgery is the 17th. If I can make it another week, I know you can too.

I started my liquid diet on last Sunday and Wed was day 4 for me (when you were on day 3) and I was also very miserable. I thought this whole thing was a total bust. Didn't think I was going to make it at all......and the trips to the bathroom!!! Oh, those shakes were cleaning me out for sure. I have tried Peanut Butter powder and sugar free hot choc for a "reese peanut butter" type shake. not bad. I have vanilla Protein powder and unflavored powder. I am going to make a pumpkin smoothie this week. I am allowed very thin creamed Soups - - very thinl! I use Freelife Mile because there is alot of protein in this as well. My surgery is the 17th. If I can make it another week, I know you can too.

Thanks for the encouragement Fibro Queen! The reese shake sounds like a good idea i caved yesterday and ate a egg lol but I’m back in it and will finish strong[emoji1488] I know its for my benefit that i do so! Congrats on your surgery date i wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! Would be nice to know how everything goes for you,

I started my liquid diet on last Sunday and Wed was day 4 for me (when you were on day 3) and I was also very miserable. I thought this whole thing was a total bust. Didn't think I was going to make it at all......and the trips to the bathroom!!! Oh, those shakes were cleaning me out for sure. I have tried Peanut Butter powder and sugar free hot choc for a "reese peanut butter" type shake. not bad. I have vanilla Protein powder and unflavored powder. I am going to make a pumpkin smoothie this week. I am allowed very thin creamed Soups - - very thinl! I use Freelife Mile because there is alot of protein in this as well. My surgery is the 17th. If I can make it another week, I know you can too.

I wouldn't sweat an egg! I caved yesterday too and had cream of chicken Soup with the chicken :230_hatched_chick: in it! hahaha Must have been the day to cave in. :o We'll both get back on track and make it now though! Hang in there and let me know how you do!

I wouldn't sweat an egg! I caved yesterday too and had cream of chicken Soup with the chicken :230_hatched_chick: in it! hahaha Must have been the day to cave in. [emoji33] We'll both get back on track and make it now though! Hang in there and let me know how you do!

Lol thanks! Will do[emoji16]

Rught behind you ladies - start pre-op liquid diet this Saturday. I have several kinds of shakes - Jay Robb dreamsicle, Premier Protein choc, vanilla, caramel, Syntrax Nectar -17 flavors, Isopure - blue raspberry and punch, and broth, sf Jello, and popsicles. 10 days - consisting of 8 days of 800 calories of shakes, and 2 days of anything clear.

It's gonna s_$#. LOL

Hang in there @hillnicole34, I'm rooting for you.

Edited by Sosewsue61

Rught behind you ladies - start pre-op liquid diet this Saturday. I have several kinds of shakes - Jay Robb dreamsicle, Premier Protein choc, vanilla, caramel, Syntrax Nectar -17 flavors, Isopure - blue raspberry and punch, and broth, sf Jello, and popsicles. 10 days - consisting of 8 days of 800 calories of shakes, and 2 days of anything clear.
It's gonna s_$#. LOL
Hang in there [mention=303332]hillnicole34[/mention], I'm rooting for you.

Thank You Sosewsue61 I really appreciate it! Sounds like your more than prepared for your pre-op lol dreamsicle sounds really good! I am rooting for you as well, I’m sure you will do great! When is your surgery date?

Oct 24 at 7:30AM

So excited and nervous at the same time. I bought an incentive dress! It was only $20 and found a $3 necklace that matches, although I'm going to re-purpose it as part of the belt. (I'm going to be petting that thing for motivation this next 2 weeks ha ha)

20171008_174618.jpg

So excited and nervous at the same time. I bought an incentive dress! It was only $20 and found a $3 necklace that matches, although I'm going to re-purpose it as part of the belt. (I'm going to be petting that thing for motivation this next 2 weeks ha ha)

20171008_174618.thumb.jpg.2711db5db549c5c25ec3e4e1f8d6d7fc.jpg

Really nice dress! I to have been shopping for clothes I’ve been purchasing so many items on line its crazy lol I’m so ready to start this new journey!