Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious!

11 pounds from surgery date to 7 days later. Actually gained weight right after surgery because of the iv's!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 181 GW 135

How much did everyone lose in the first week?

7lbs since surgery 9/14. 14.5lbs since preop the week before (9/7) (was on liver shrinking diet).

3 hours ago, jess_18 said:

I was just wondering if I was on a good start or not. I've lost 14 pounds in 7 days. I was afraid I might be a slow loser.

14lbs in 7 days.. Slow loser ? Lol. Youl get a huge shock when you don't lose a lb for weeks. As it happens to most of us.

You ever lost 14lbs in 7 days before and considered it slow ? I wonder how that thought came to you. Were you expecting to lose 50lbs in 7 days? What would be considered not slow. Just curious myself.

Well I just wasn't sure what to expect actually. Because I've heard of some people losing 20 in the first week lol, I know that was kind of a dumb question, I just wanted to make sure I was doing something right.

I agree there is no dumb question. But do you know some people are starting of 600lbs and can lose a hell of alot first week. So try not to compare.

I think 14lbs in 7 days is incredible. Are you drinking enough Protein liquids? Don't want to have a shell of a body in the process! Lol! Just make sure you are following the full liquid stage (or whatever stage your Dr has you on right now), so you are healthy! Oh! Take your Vitamin supplements!

I'm on full liquids (or liquids, Soups and squishy foods as I like to call it) til he end of next week, then the following Monday I go to puréed- can't wait!

Yes I'm doing well with Proteins. Im just a little weirded out because I haven't gotten sick once! (Like thrown up) I know when I'm full, but my stomach just isn't sensitive. So I'm losing the weight, but then my brain is like, "I don't think it worked"

I haven't gotten sick at all either. I get hungry every couple hours but I can handle that. My biggest problem is trying to drink enough Water because of the hiatal hernia, it makes things feel very tight going down right now. I somehow got on a support group for sleevers, and I have been banded, but I believe some of our struggles are similar.

Yes I'm doing well with Proteins. Im just a little weirded out because I haven't gotten sick once! (Like thrown up) I know when I'm full, but my stomach just isn't sensitive. So I'm losing the weight, but then my brain is like, "I don't think it worked"

I only threw up in the hospital when they gave me my meds as the first thing to swallow! Nothing really makes me sick except sugar alcohol (something that comes from artificial sweeteners) I wish sugar made me sick but sadly it does not and I must maintain self discipline. I'm 14 weeks out and have lost 44 lbs.
14 pound in the first week is awesome!
Don't be surprised when it slows down and try to think of it as an average weight loss per week. That helps me. I'm averaging 2 lbs per week from my pre surgery weight which I feel great about. This way I don't have to explain how I did it because I've only told a handful of people. 2 lbs per week is what the diets out there say is a great and healthy weight loss so it doesn't seem abnormal.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 179.8 GW 135