Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My gastro appt is oct 4th.. cardio is on sept 27th...waiting is killing me lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Just did cardio and let me tell you, that was fun...not! lol. It showed me how out of shape I really am!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I had bypass, only because I had so much excess weight and I'm fairly young (21 at the time of surgery, 22 now) so recovery would be easier. I started at 450 pounds and today I'm at 235. Still have some more to lose, but I'm working on it!

congrats! That's amazing!

Just did cardio and let me tell you, that was fun...not! lol. It showed me how out of shape I really am!

Lol ive been doing an hr ob the treadmill for the past two days...i feel ur pain[emoji23][emoji23]

Lol ive been doing an hr ob the treadmill for the past two days...i feel ur pain[emoji23][emoji23]

It's nice to know I'm not alone.

It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Agreed. I havent told many ppl that im having the surgery..only my sisters n they r tired of hearing abt it.

Agreed. I havent told many ppl that im having the surgery..only my sisters n they r tired of hearing abt it.

I think my husband thinks I'm obsessed, that's all I talk about and read about. lol.

I think my husband thinks I'm obsessed, that's all I talk about and read about. lol.

Lool thats how my sisters feel. Recently divorced.but he wouldnt have been supportive anyway lol

I read alot abt it and look at all the before and after pics and dreaaaam lol

I read alot abt it and look at all the before and after pics and dreaaaam lol

me too!!!!

It's exciting so naturally you want to share it! But I agree, before my surgery I didn't tell many people. But now, I'm proud of how far I came and I tell anyone who asks. It definitely is NOT the easy way out like people think.

But to answer your question, the hardest part was just the adjusting to being around people eating yummy food and not being able to eat it, or enjoy it. I still struggle to eat slow to this day, and let me tell you...I pay the price every time. You'll learn quickly how much you can eat, and you'll know when you've ate too much. It's just the process of adjusting. It's really all mental.

The before and after pictures are absolutely inspiring and definitely motivated me. I still haven't done a before and after yet because I still want to lose more...but I'm amazed when I look back at pictures.

It's exciting so naturally you want to share it! But I agree, before my surgery I didn't tell many people. But now, I'm proud of how far I came and I tell anyone who asks. It definitely is NOT the easy way out like people think.

But to answer your question, the hardest part was just the adjusting to being around people eating yummy food and not being able to eat it, or enjoy it. I still struggle to eat slow to this day, and let me tell you...I pay the price every time. You'll learn quickly how much you can eat, and you'll know when you've ate too much. It's just the process of adjusting. It's really all mental.

The chewing and eating slowly is something many ppl have expressed as a hardship..so im trying to practice that now..and ive replaved one meal with a protien shake..im tryi g

The before and after pictures are absolutely inspiring and definitely motivated me. I still haven't done a before and after yet because I still want to lose more...but I'm amazed when I look back at pictures.

I agree abt it bieng mental...and joke with my sisters that i wont pass the pysch eval [emoji23] i want to take a before pic now...bc this is the heaviest ive ever been...284 :/