Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What blender do you recommend

Just getting started and I want to invest in a blender or smoothie maker for smoothies (neeed something strong enough with ice). I also plan to use after surgery for puréed stage etc. what do you have or suggest is the best. I want something that's gonna last and is easy to clean/put away. My experience in the past with standard blenders is that they don't blend ice or chunks well enough or get dull after a bit.

Best?

Best value?

I am into my fifth year of ownership of a Tribest XL which, back in late 2012, cost about $AUS156 with the 'deluxe' pack: two extra large cups, two large, two small; two blades; four screw top sealer lids, six sipper lids.

It's very powerful for its size but is 'small footprint'.

Nothing frozen or tough has stopped it so far. The instructions say that meat pieces should be small cubes or tiny strips.

Worth a look! Half to a third the price of some very expensive ones that don't do so well in consumer tests.

For big jobs like smoothies, I personally like my VitaMix. They are pretty expensive (around $400 - $500), but they are meant to last 10+ years. I find about once or twice a year, costco has a display booth set up for them and offers about $100 off the normal price, that's how I got mine. I haven't looked at Bed, Bath & Beyond yet, but if they carry them, the 20% coupon would probably help quite a bit, please basically lifetime return if you hold onto the receipt. I've made blended drinks with ice in them before, and it turns it down into slush. Also made sorbet out of completely frozen strawberries and it works great. Only takes about 30 seconds to clean them as well (run them on high with a little hot, soapy Water per the instructions).

I also bought a $20 Farberware personal blender (the kind where the blade screws onto the cup directly). It has been great for making Protein Shakes. I also use it for pureeing softer foods (like I turned Cream of Mushroom Soup into liquid so there were no mushroom pieces to be found while I was in the pre-pureed phase).

I use a Ninja blender to make the smoothies. They have individual serving size glasses with a removable blender head. You blend it and put on the sippy cup and drink it without moving it from one container to another. I used this to make my Protein Shakes (3 a day) for 2 years. It finally gave out, so I bought another one. Plenty of power and well designed.

I like my Vitamix -- it operates low and slow for the best scrambled eggs, and super high for crushing ice and frozen fruit. Its a workhorse in my kitchen.

I use my stick blender. Easy clean up.

My hubby said that I needed a NINJA!!! LOL It does make delish Protein Drinks, but I really wish we had bought something different because I don't know how to use most of it. He actually bought me 2. I'm kind of spoiled I guess but of course, the first one wasn't good enough so he ordered the super duper NINJA!! Then we gave the 1st one to my daughter. She was pleased as punch then. She had just started doing Protein drinks herself trying to lose weight but that didn't last long. She is her Mother's Child. LOL

Vitamix fan here. We have a bumper crop of tomatoes this year. We use the Vitamix to puree several pounds at a time, add onions and basil from the garden and then we toss in the slow cooker for 12 hours. Out comes some of the most delicious Pasta Sauce without the added sugar, corn Syrup, calories and crap that comes with the commercial stuff . We end up pressure canning most of it for use over the winter.

I have the nutribullet RX. You can do smoothies, shakes, purer foods, and best of all it has a heat setting to make Soups. It's really compact and worth the money. Runs between 99 to 149. Hope this helps

I love my Nutri-Ninja. Only about a $100 bucks, and blends great smoothies. I use frozen veggies in my smoothies as well, and it emulsifies them to a smooth drink. No chunks. It has different size cups. No problems with ice either.

I'm a huge Vitamix fan! Mine is still going strong after 12 years. Though I admit these days I'm using the Nutri-Ninja for smoothies because the serving cup is so convenient.

20 hours ago, Diana_in_Philly said:

We love our Ninja.

I have a Ninja also. I use it everyday and it has no problem with Ice.

I have always loved my Vitamix, so amazing for all sorts of foods, looking forward to using it for the puréed stage.

I got mine from QVC or HSN, one of them! They have five "flex pay" options so you can spread out payments for the high dollar items. You get it right away, it's not layaway!!