Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Request from Olympia, please....

I'm in the Olympia area, and I am looking to find some folks who can explain some of this to me - total newbie, pretty clueless. Not sure is this is a good way to go, but need something!

Anyway.....:help:

Thanks

gort

Hi gort,

I live in the Sumner, Auburn area, not too far away. What are your questions? I was banded on June 12, 2007 and I can say that it was the best thing that I have ever done for myself.

Dawn

I'm in Olympia and am considering lap-band just found out that Madigan is starting to do them in Dec I'm sure I'll qualify at least 9o% sure I've done lots of reading on the subject and realize my insurance would not pay it. So had to look at a different options....I really want it done I've just turned 60 any want to feel like I did at 50...grandma bev

Dear Gort, I have my first appointment Nov 8 do start whatvever I need to do ....for the lap-band producure I'm so excited I can hardly wait....I know it has to be really hard I'm scared to death I'll screw it up..... wish me luck. I 've really enjoyed reading all the info you guys are forwarding. thanksBev

I was just banded 10/25. Dr. Neal in Olympia. I felt very confident in everthing. I had never had surgery in my life and the pain was unexpected but it really does get better everyday. I was self pay 17000.00 I paid for security and still feel good about my decision. its a good clinic try one of their seminars.

Dear Bandit1

I just had my first appointment my 2nd is on 17th Dec hopefully if all goes welll...I should be ready and schuduled for the surgery by the middle of Feb...My daugther is thinking of also doing it...wirh Dr. Neal...time off work would be a issue for her how much time do you need to take off ? thanks for all the encouragement. B

Dear Bandit1

I just had my first appointment my 2nd is on 17th Dec hopefully if all goes welll...I should be ready and schuduled for the surgery by the middle of Feb...My daugther is thinking of also doing it...wirh Dr. Neal...time off work would be a issue for her how much time do you need to take off ? thanks for all the encouragement. B

I havn't been on line for a while. I had my surgery on a thursday and was back to work Friday, 8 days later. I have a desk job and not one person there knows I had it done. So it depends on what your daughter does. Some people go back right away. On my fifth day my thought was, no way will I be ready on Friday to go back but its amazing how everyday gets soooo much better. I get my first fill this week. one more new experence and finding another new way to eat. I have lost 35 lbs since August when I went for my first apt. So I think Im doing something right. Im un sure what the fill will bring, but theres no turning back now. I havent felt bad at all since two days after surgery. The worst part for me has been crushing meds. I put them in apple sause but its still tastes bad. Im off blood presure meds already. I had a 57 BMI and did Medi Fast two weeks pre op. Your in good hands with the clinic you chose. My Mom hung out with me for three days. It will be cool if the two of you can do it together. Take a good driver with you.....Bandit.1

I'm over on the peninsula, had my surgery in Mexico in June, and get my fills in Arlington. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Hi Grandmabev,

I looked into Madigan doing my lap band but it was a big fat no go. I did here though that they were gearing up to do them. I guess some number crunchers finally showed how much money can be saved. Madigan would not have done my lap band anyway, because my BMI was only 33. I was pretty much borderline as far as weight requirements go. I live in Olympia too!!! Let me know if they will do it for you.

Lkeppel

Hello,

My dad just had the band done last month with Dr. Neal; and I am currently going through the pre stages. My dad is very happy so far and is one of the reasons why I have decided to really examine this option. I have also heard no complaints about Dr. Neal.

Also, I think the cut off is a BMI of 40 unless you have health issues caused by your weight then its 35. Cannot quote though, that is just what I have read on a few sites.

Loup

Hi, I live in Shelton, WA. I just joined this site last night. I was banded on 12/28/07 by Dr.Neal and he was awesome. The whole office is. I was a self pay, my insurance EXCLUDES anything related to weight, yeah, they suck. Anyhow, check out Dr. Neal's site: Pacific Surgical , I have been very happy with them!

231/216/140

12/28/07

Dr. Neal

Olympia, WA

Hello all you newbies and oldies in Wash. I'm from Olympia, banded 12/03 in Mex, now a patient of Dr. Neal, down 100#. I'm also on the board for this year's Seattle Splash, coming up in two weeks in Tacoma. Great place for friendship, information and more! All volunteer run.

Join a couple hundred bandsters and would-be bandsters, plus surgeons, band surgeons, plastic surgeons and other band-related professionals at the Seattle Splash Bandster Bash Education Conference at Seattle's Airport Marriott Hotel for panel discussions, lectures, FUN and friendship. $150, some scholarships available; fills available. Details: 6th Annual Seattle Bandster Bash and Splash

Hello Oly Peeps…

Just got my insurance approval and going to see Dr. Neal tomorrow to have his approval and a date set if all goes well.

My dad is doing alright, a little upset that the band is not giving him the restriction it had upon initial placement but I suppose with the new band (from what we hear) there is a “lubrication” period where the band and your tummy has to adjust which may take up to 3 or 4 fills before it starts to work?!

I keep helping him keep his head up, hope he helps mine. This is (another) struggle we both can go through I just hope this struggle is going to be the last one as far as weight is concerned (once we all get into the groove of things). It’s a tool, a reminder, and a step towards a life change that should; if done correctly will change our lives forever, in a good way.

Loup

Just had mine done by Dr. Neal on 4/28 and am settling in on a continued Medifast shake plan. Only trouble was the blood clots after intubation, but I'd not had this before. Not too bad. I seem to be doping pretty good so far. No upset. Drinking hot lemon tea. I have laid in a big supply of medifast drinks. Also adding plain soy powder. Sometimes whey powder. Sticking to bland seems to work for me now. Really enjoyed the Dr. Neal staff support. I lost good on the pre-surgery Mediast plan. Not a lot of pain. Able to get around okay. Not weighing every day, prefer to check just once in a while.