Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fatigue - What gives?

I am 16 weeks out from surgery - moving nicely, but for the past week I have experienced being very fatigued. It is now interfering with my work and I am having difficulty focusing.

I typically have a lot of stamina. I work on average 65 hours a week. I have an active social life. I sleep well and uninterrupted (no sleep apnea or other sleep disorders). I sleep between 7-8 hours a night. I am not tired when I wake up - it's more a general sense of fatigue throughout the entire day.

I think it may be nutrition related - I am averaging about 800 cals/day, 55-70 grams of Protein, 60 ounces of Water (not including other liquids). I take regular Vitamins and Vitamin D supplements. I am going to call my doctor if this persists for longer than another week - but if anyone has any insights into this I would appreciate it.

ask about chronic fatigue syndrome

6 hours ago, lindabalseca said:

ask about chronic fatigue syndrome

I don't have chronic fatigue. This is something that has been going on for a week. And I am still working 65 hours a week, but am just not myself.

I dealt with this the first 4 weeks after surgery, then it seems like my body got used the calorie deficit and not eating etc and now my energy level feels like I am back to square one.

I am upping my food a little, adding more Water, etc. But damn, it's so frustrating.

I experienced the same. Try increasing your Protein. I seemed to get passed it with 80+ grams of protein. And with that try increasing calories just slightly with high nutritional food. Like maybe only 100-200 more calories. Good luck hope you start feeling better.

15 hours ago, Kat410 said:

I am 16 weeks out from surgery - moving nicely, but for the past week I have experienced being very fatigued. It is now interfering with my work and I am having difficulty focusing.

I typically have a lot of stamina. I work on average 65 hours a week. I have an active social life. I sleep well and uninterrupted (no sleep apnea or other sleep disorders). I sleep between 7-8 hours a night. I am not tired when I wake up - it's more a general sense of fatigue throughout the entire day.

I think it may be nutrition related - I am averaging about 800 cals/day, 55-70 grams of Protein, 60 ounces of Water (not including other liquids). I take regular Vitamins and Vitamin D supplements. I am going to call my doctor if this persists for longer than another week - but if anyone has any insights into this I would appreciate it.

Have your doctor's office run a panel on you to check your levels. For me, my Vit D has been in the single digits and I have a history of low B-12. I had my doctors office call me in a B-12 injection prescription which I do once a month...and my V-d script was increased. Make sure you are getting "quality" sleep. My fitbit keeps a record of my sleep. You are working a lot of hours per week so sleep and nutrition is very important. !st call to your nutritionist/doctor's office so they can run whatever test they need to and help you feel better sooner than later.

Good Luck! Keep us posted.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 4:04 AM, Chel1 said:

Have your doctor's office run a panel on you to check your levels. For me, my Vit D has been in the single digits and I have a history of low B-12. I had my doctors office call me in a B-12 injection prescription which I do once a month...and my V-d script was increased. Make sure you are getting "quality" sleep. My fitbit keeps a record of my sleep. You are working a lot of hours per week so sleep and nutrition is very important. !st call to your nutritionist/doctor's office so they can run whatever test they need to and help you feel better sooner than later.

Good Luck! Keep us posted.

Thanks Chel1.

I do track my Vit D with my PCP, it's now at the low end of a normal range and has been for a few months. I don't have a fitbit, so that may be a good investment.

I am starting to feel better today, but if this persists I will call my doc to get whatever tests I should be getting.

Sometimes it seems like my body needs time to catch up with all the changes that are happening.

I have a busy weekend this weekend, but I have scheduled myself for full 8 hours sleep + a nap on Saturday and a nap on Sunday.

This morning I met with my trainer and had a really good workout and that also seems to have helped.

Thank you!