Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you have reached goal and kept the weight off....

Did you and do you use artificial sweeteners? Crystal lite, diet soda, splenda in your coffee, etc?

Do you find the sweet taste makes you crave food more, or is it not an issue?

As for me I only use splenda in my coffee and crystal light is a wonderful thing. I would stay away from the carbonated diet sodas, nothing good at all in those

I only use Stevia and only one brand, Stevita. All other artificial sweeteners are gross to me.

No, it does not make me crave sweets at all.

2 hours ago, Katie Loesch-Meyer said:

artificial sweeteners?

@Katie Loesch-Meyer

my mom "introduced" me to sweet 'n low when i

was a teenager. she said it had no calories, and

would help me loose weight.

Been hooked on sweet ' low ever since.

no side effects, cravings etc.

good luck to you:rolleyes:

kathy

I probably go through 20+ packets of Equal and Sweet-N-Low per day. I add it to my coffee, iced tea, herbal teas, and plain yogurt.

I don't get intense cravings and have maintained my body weight with precision since entering maintenance one year ago.

I'm at goal and decided before surgery to give up all artificial sweeteners. This is what works for me and I came to this decision after reading all the awful things these chemicals do to our bodies. I want to and am treating my body better than I have in a long time with healthy food and beverages. I'm energized and excited about this new chapter in my life. I am now what I eat & drink; in a good way!!

I am 4 years out and I have maintained my 124# loss for 3 and 1/2 years. Yes I use Splenda all the time. I don't drink pops at all, I haven't since before my RNY. I like the SF Orange Crush you add to Water, Diet Peach Tea, Lipton mixed berry green tea. All of which have Sweetners in them. I really don't think they increase my desire for sweets at all. Everyone has to pick their poison LOL Mine is my coffee and my drinks. God Luck on whatever you choose.

Maintaining a 130 lbs loss for over two years now. I drink crystal lite every day but no soda!!! And while not frequently if I need sweeten I use real sugar by obviously not often.

On 8/29/2017 at 8:25 AM, Waler said:

As for me I only use splenda in my coffee and crystal light is a wonderful thing. I would stay away from the carbonated diet sodas, nothing good at all in those

yea you definitely don't want all that sucralose and aspartame in those evil diet sodas. better stick with your Splenda and Crystal Light.

:1312_thumbsup_tone3:

:rolleyes:

Crystal light - is aspartame.