Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A very harsh response to someone asking for help, care and compassion is far more helpful. The forum is to encourage and support - not to show off!

Keep going Elise, all of a sudden you will start to see results, you have plenty of time still, one day at a time. It's worth it in the end (I hope). I'm 4 weeks post and currently on a platuea and getting frustrated, but I know it will come right in the end. I took thistle milk to reduce fat in my liver and it really helped.

FWIW - the pre-surgery diet was much harder and much less satisfying than the after-surgery diet! Hang in there. And make sure you are getting enough Protein (80-100 g/day). And post here when you need to!

4 hours ago, Elise24 said:

I am in the first phase of simply losing the required weight to have my surgery.

For two weeks I have done everything right (to the best of my knowledge). However, not only am I weak as a kitten and feel like I have the flu, I haven't lost any weight!

I am retired, and haven't been able to go for a walk in years. I felt better when I was eating bad food.

With the scales not even budging, I am getting so discouraged and depressed.

Any help or suggestions would be so appreciated.

Everyones Journey is different! Check out my posts pre and post op (just had surgery on Friday). They wanted me on low carb a month before surgery (my date came up really quickly) but I ate like it was my last supper LOL NOT unusual per my nurse. Then went on Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes for a week before surgery and lost 13 lbs. You want to make sure you follow the liquid diet before surgery to shrink your liver. Last thing you want is for your surgeon to go in and not be able to do the surgery! I also posted exactly what I was drinking and when, and seriously, my energy was great. It is true that the "after life" is tough, and I personally know people who have failed, so I am doing exactly what my Dr says. I didnt go thru all this and spend this $$ to fail :) Stay positive Elise!

24 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

What sort of diet are you on, since your surgery isn't until December? Maybe we can help make suggestions that will kick start the losses...

I'm on a high Protein, low fat diet....of my own making.

i eat a Protein Bar for Breakfast, cottage cheese and a salad for lunch, and chicken or tuna with vegetables for dinner.

Some days I will have a smoothie consisting of no fat yogurt with a banana.

i have used this in the past, and lost weight very quickly.

3 minutes ago, HDScarlett said:

Everyones Journey is different! Check out my posts pre and post op (just had surgery on Friday). They wanted me on low carb a month before surgery (my date came up really quickly) but I ate like it was my last supper LOL NOT unusual per my nurse. Then went on Clear Liquids and Protein Shakes for a week before surgery and lost 13 lbs. You want to make sure you follow the liquid diet before surgery to shrink your liver. Last thing you want is for your surgeon to go in and not be able to do the surgery! I also posted exactly what I was drinking and when, and seriously, my energy was great. It is true that the "after life" is tough, and I personally know people who have failed, so I am doing exactly what my Dr says. I didnt go thru all this and spend this $$ to fail :) Stay positive Elise!

I will check out your posts for sure! I agree in that I am scared to even cheat.

Thank you for your encouragement. 🌸

18 minutes ago, PasadenaMom said:

FWIW - the pre-surgery diet was much harder and much less satisfying than the after-surgery diet! Hang in there. And make sure you are getting enough Protein (80-100 g/day). And post here when you need to!

Will do. I'll start making a journal so I'll know how much Protein I'm getting.

Thank you so much! 🌷

30 minutes ago, gwbicster said:

Oh yeah I found a much better job, went from part-time to full-time. And to be clear, the firing didn't have anything to do with me being grouchy from my diet or anything, it was a long time coming. I got a new boss, and she didn't like me from the first day of the school year.

I'm happy for you!! 😀

28 minutes ago, Jeaniered said:

A very harsh response to someone asking for help, care and compassion is far more helpful. The forum is to encourage and support - not to show off!

Keep going Elise, all of a sudden you will start to see results, you have plenty of time still, one day at a time. It's worth it in the end (I hope). I'm 4 weeks post and currently on a platuea and getting frustrated, but I know it will come right in the end. I took thistle milk to reduce fat in my liver and it really helped.

I'll look into thistle milk!! Thank you! 😀

It certainly sounds like it should result in loss . . . but sometimes we just get stuck. I've lost very little during the two-week pre-op diet: Protein Shake for breakfast, Protein shake for lunch, dinner of salad/veggies/protein. Today I'm on clear liquids: surgery tomorrow. Fortunately, I lost 26 pounds in the three months or so since my first visit to the surgeon, so I'm okay for surgery. But it sure doesn't always make sense in terms of what I've eaten--most of the weight was lost when i was clearing my freezer of things I wouldn't eat post-surgically.

Good luck and hang in there. Sooner or later your body will respond.

28 minutes ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

It certainly sounds like it should result in loss . . . but sometimes we just get stuck. I've lost very little during the two-week pre-op diet: Protein Shake for Breakfast, Protein shake for lunch, dinner of salad/veggies/protein. Today I'm on clear liquids: surgery tomorrow. Fortunately, I lost 26 pounds in the three months or so since my first visit to the surgeon, so I'm okay for surgery. But it sure doesn't always make sense in terms of what I've eaten--most of the weight was lost when i was clearing my freezer of things I wouldn't eat post-surgically.

Good luck and hang in there. Sooner or later your body will respond.

Thank you, and I'll be praying for you tomorrow!

I know that everyone has said this to you (except one) Everything you o thru is totally worth it!!! A few things that my one of many things she shared with me that has helped over the years. 1) Nothing taste as good as losing weight and maintaining it 2) Does a fish have a fat tail? NOPE so eat your fish!! 3) Being able to go buy clothes off the racks and not being all black and white. They don't sound like much but if I feel down these things plus more come to mind, most of what she said I didn't take to heart at the time because I never got to my goal weight. I can say this to be able to wear a size 8 in jeans and a med top. You will get there!! You will be successful just follow everything your DR says to do. Put your heart and soul work hard!! Now just one more thing. KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

One thing that my psychologist told me to do was buy a beautiful dress 4 sizes smaller as an incentive, which I have done and it hangs on the front of my wardrobe for me to see each day. I intend to drop at least 6 dress sizes but to get to this dress will be such heaven.

45 minutes ago, shedo82773 said:

I know that everyone has said this to you (except one) Everything you o thru is totally worth it!!! A few things that my one of many things she shared with me that has helped over the years. 1) Nothing taste as good as losing weight and maintaining it 2) Does a fish have a fat tail? NOPE so eat your fish!! 3) Being able to go buy clothes off the racks and not being all black and white. They don't sound like much but if I feel down these things plus more come to mind, most of what she said I didn't take to heart at the time because I never got to my goal weight. I can say this to be able to wear a size 8 in jeans and a med top. You will get there!! You will be successful just follow everything your DR says to do. Put your heart and soul work hard!! Now just one more thing. KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

Great things to think about! It will be so wonderful to buy some cute clothes for a change. "Does a fish have a fat tail?" 😂😂😂😂😂. I love that one!!

19 minutes ago, Jeaniered said:

One thing that my psychologist told me to do was buy a beautiful dress 4 sizes smaller as an incentive, which I have done and it hangs on the front of my wardrobe for me to see each day. I intend to drop at least 6 dress sizes but to get to this dress will be such heaven.

Great idea! I think I'll do that, too! 👗

@Elise24,

Just keep doing what you are doing. The weight will come so don't get discouraged. I know that is easier said than done.