Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Real Fed Up

I'm working out and killing myself in the gym and the scale is not moving. I know I shouldn't weigh myself every day and I wasn't for a while. I had made peace with the scale and wasn't going on it at all, then I got a new scale for my bridal shower and it's been down-hill since. I went for a fitting and my dress looks great, the fat bulge on my back is almost gone because I've been working out so much, but the scale isn't budging! I tried eating more calories, less calories, more weights, more cardio, still nothing. Going on a month now with a 1 lb gain/loss depending on the day.

I had my surgery 5/31 and am down 31 lbs.

Why does the scale make us so crazy! (Not all of us, obv, but a lot of us!)

Someone share some pearls of wisdom please!

Thanks!

TELL ME ABOUT IT! I was in a stall for 3 weeks. It broke this weekend but then yesterday I weighed myself and I gained a lb. I guess i'm not gonna start losing lol. I'm extremely frustrated and stressed that I haven't lost in WEEKS.

Maybe in your case you're building muscle and toning up and that's why the scale isn't changing. I'm sure your body is changing and you're looking better and better each week.

I wouldn't focus too much on the scale. rather focus on how you feel about yourself and are you happy with how you look and embrace it.

The scale will move eventually. Good luck! and how exciting! YOU"RE GETTING MARRIED! WOO HOO

TELL ME ABOUT IT! I was in a stall for 3 weeks. It broke this weekend but then yesterday I weighed myself and I gained a lb. I guess i'm not gonna start losing lol. I'm extremely frustrated and stressed that I haven't lost in WEEKS.

Maybe in your case you're building muscle and toning up and that's why the scale isn't changing. I'm sure your body is changing and you're looking better and better each week.
I wouldn't focus too much on the scale. rather focus on how you feel about yourself and are you happy with how you look and embrace it.

The scale will move eventually. Good luck! and how exciting! YOU"RE GETTING MARRIED! WOO HOO

Thank you [emoji173]️

I try not to focus on the scale but it's so hard. I just want to see my move. I'm 3 lbs away from seeing a different second number and I want it so bad. I want to lose 23 more lbs by the wedding but I don't see that being a possibility.

I'm just going to keep pushing at the gym and hoping for the best!

Good luck to you girl!

Ive not only been in a stall for a solid 2 week, but I've actually fluctuated up 5-8 pounds and back down a few times. It sucks. I do know I havent been drinking near enough Water and havent been strict with my diet choices. I also slacked off on working out. So... With all that, it makes perfect sense why ive hit a stall and actually gained. Its frustrating when I've only lost half the weight I need to, so I just keep reminding myself that this is not a 5 yard dash. Its a 10k marathon so the sooner I can find a rhythm, the less I'll hate myself half way through. My mental issue is knowing I "can" eat the wrong things to a point and that I "only" have the first year to lose weight "easily" before my body figures out how to adapt to this.

HW: 328 (02/09/17)
SW: 271 (05/24/17)
CW: 228 (100# gone!)

Ive not only been in a stall for a solid 2 week, but I've actually fluctuated up 5-8 pounds and back down a few times. It sucks. I do know I havent been drinking near enough Water and havent been strict with my diet choices. I also slacked off on working out. So... With all that, it makes perfect sense why ive hit a stall and actually gained. Its frustrating when I've only lost half the weight I need to, so I just keep reminding myself that this is not a 5 yard dash. Its a 10k marathon so the sooner I can find a rhythm, the less I'll hate myself half way through. My mental issue is knowing I "can" eat the wrong things to a point and that I "only" have the first year to lose weight "easily" before my body figures out how to adapt to this.

HW: 328 (02/09/17)
SW: 271 (05/24/17)
CW: 228 (100# gone!)

Don't hate yourself. You've lost 100 lbs and if you hated yourself, you would never have made the choice to get healthy! Stay positive. That's all that's getting me through!

Ugggh! I soooo get you and feel your pain!!!! I love it. I hate it! This past week, the scale moved (daily weigher here too) sweetly down through the 240s. I've been stuck for 3 days between 240.4 and 241.4lbs. I'm preparing for an EGD and since I know fentanyl will be involved, I chose to only have a liquid diet yesterday and chose to do bowel prep since Fluffy Chix + fentanyl = concrete in the bowels. I had 392 freakin calories yesterday and pooped my brains out and today I'm up to 241.4 again. ROFLMAO! ((hugs and try not to go to crazy town--I'm already there, population 1, and it's pretty boring)) Happy Ground Hog Day! *snort*

Edited by FluffyChix

I kept stalling until I realized how important the Water is. Drink your water!!! To me, it's the most important part!!

I drink about 66 ounces a day. I drink two of he 33 ounce bottles through the day [emoji31] I live in the bathroom.

Ugggh! I soooo get you and feel your pain!!!! I love it. I hate it! This past week, the scale moved (daily weigher here too) sweetly down through the 240s. I've been stuck for 3 days between 240.4 and 241.4lbs. I'm preparing for an EGD and since I know fentanyl will be involved, I chose to only have a liquid diet yesterday and chose to do bowel prep since Fluffy Chix + fentanyl = concrete in the bowels. I had 392 freakin calories yesterday and pooped my brains out and today I'm up to 241.4 again. ROFLMAO! ((hugs and try not to go to crazy town--I'm already there, population 1, and it's pretty boring)) Happy Ground Hog Day! *snort*

Population 2! At least until I hit the next 10 lb goal!