Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 weeks post surgery of the gastric sleeve. I have not lost any weight. I am following the Stage 2 diet, no cheating. I am getting very nervous that I have not lost any weight. What should I do?

Dont worry. I have been researching and read this is typical. Your body is still adjusting to the reduction in food. How many calories are you taking in? You may need a little more to get you started. Also, you may still be losing inches...Hang in there!!!!!!

Thank you for the support. I am only eating about 500 calories or less. I am having difficulty with the Water intake. I don't see the nutritionist until 8/31. I really was hoping to lose a small amount of weight every day.

Maybe try some of the sugar free Water enhancers made by wylers and hawaiian punch, etc. You can get a box of 8 for $1.00 at Walmart and the dollar stores. I've never been a big water drinker but these enhancers help me tremendously. Another suggestion would be an extra Protein Drink daily. This will help you get closer to your daily liquid and Protein intake requirement. This too shall pass😉 Please keep me posted on your progress...

I saw my doc a little more than a week after surgery. I had lost 4 lbs, and was not happy with that, given the very small amount of calories I'd consumed. She said she doesn't look at weight until a month has passed. That is bc you are still full of all the Fluid they gave you in hospital, plus you are still swollen.
She did warn 60 grams of Protein is needed every day to keep your body out of starvation mode.
I think you are perfectly ok, but call your doc if you are still worried.
Congrats on the surgery!

Thank you both so much. I am so nervous about this no weight loss at all. I have been taking in 85gms of Protein a day through milk and Protein Shakes. I am feeling unsure about calling the MD I don't want to sound panicked. Thank you for the suggestions of the Water too!

Maybe you should call them, it can't hurt. Maybe they make have some helpful suggestions for you. But if you decide to wait, you definitely should try to take in more Water. Good luck on your journey! Im right here with you😊

I would not worry, make sure you are getting enough Water. :) You are still healing/inflamation etc.

My MD is in Hawaii for 3 wks I called and spoke to the NP she wasn't very helpful. Still not a pound down. I am feeling really defeated. How do you stay so positive?

Hi Nancy,

Im sorry you cant reach your doctor right not but we will get you through this together. I was second guessing myself and wondering if I did the right thing with getting the sleeve just last week but had to remind myself that my body is still adjusting to all of the changes and the weight may not come off as fast as I expected at the beginning. I think that we are so excited about finally getting the surgery and are so hyped up which makes it so easy to worry when it seems like our weight hit a stall.

Not sure if you have had any bowel movements yet...but this is something that could be affecting you. When the nurse called to check on me when I was 4 days post op she said it was safe to use stool softner or milk of magnesia. So think about taking one of these if this is an issue for you. Also, may be you can try some light exercising like walking even if it's on a treadmill. Something else you should look at is the amount of sugar in your Protein Drinks. Make sure its not too high. I had to pay close attention to the drinks I was buying because some are high in sugar and Protein. The one I use now is 17g protein, 0 sugar,1.5 net carbs. And keep working on increasing your Water intake. I hope that this helps. Im here if you need me😉

Thanks again for your response. I am now adding sugar free drink mix to the Water and I drink a little more. My Protein Shake is Pure Protein. I get it at Trader Joe's. It's 35gms protein 1gm sugar. And I am moving my bowels. I just have not lost any weight on the scale. I just feel like it can't be right. I am glad you are so positive. It helps me a lot.

I really hope the increased Water makes a difference. But hey look on the bright side, your wait has not gone up! Give it a little more time and I'm sure you will be good...