Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is a real test

I'm heading out for my FIRST vacation since being banded. I've had weekend trips here and there - but I don't count that. This is 9 days away. We're going back to Grand Cayman (my favorite place in the world). They have a whole host of amazing, amazing resturants. Out the door goes the all you can eat lobster. But...so what - I'd rather have one less chin, than one more lobster.

...ya chewe it long enough, that half lobster is going to feel like a whole buffet!

Just remember "all you can eat" means just that...all YOU can eat. It just may be significantly less than your dining partners, but you'll still be able to eat to satisfaction... :eek:

Enjoy your vacay!!!!

I'm heading out for my FIRST vacation since being banded. I've had weekend trips here and there - but I don't count that. This is 9 days away. We're going back to Grand Cayman (my favorite place in the world). They have a whole host of amazing, amazing resturants. Out the door goes the all you can eat lobster. But...so what - I'd rather have one less chin, than one more lobster.

I am jealous - I love the islands :):D - Well have a bite or 2 for me too..

Have fun and enjoy yourself - I know that with one less chin you will.

...ya chewe it long enough, that half lobster is going to feel like a whole buffet!

Just remember "all you can eat" means just that...all YOU can eat. It just may be significantly less than your dining partners, but you'll still be able to eat to satisfaction... :eek:

Enjoy your vacay!!!!

Love it well said....

Sherilynn, on my cruise I enjoyed a lobster tail, but in the past, I would have eaten 2 or 3, plus a steak....So, enjoy your vacation!

I love Grand Cayman too!

Enjoy your vacation...

It may be fun to finally have eyes that are bigger than your stomach...you know those people who never finish their meals...I've never been one...looks like fun!!!!

Enjoy!

Rain

Unfortunately, we're not doing a condo - so 'take home/doggie bag' stuff will have to be limited. My plan is to order the most wonderful appetizers for dinner. Of couse, I can always have a bite of someone else's dinner also (to taste).

I'm actually kind of wondering how they'll 'take' to me doing that. Here in the US - every place has been kind enough to let me do that - or order off the kids menu.

I'm the type of person that on vacation - I always LOOSE weight, b/c of how active I am. I am constantly in the Water, swimming, snorkeling, walking the beach - you name it. So, I'm hoping its the same this time around. I'm shooting for 4 pounds down! HA!

I'm also thinking of the $ I'll save at the bar. I can nurse one of their wonderful $14 cocktails for hours - and get a good buzz on from that. No more $50 happy hour swim up bar tabs!

Sherilynn, I hope you enjoy your vacation. It sounds wonderful. Thankfully I had a slight unfill before my vacation but only gained 2 lbs. I just could go on vacation worrying about PBing and I didn't. Have fun!

Why not have the lobster?

Per serving:

Calories 135

Carbs 0.7g

Protein 28.2g

Fat 1.3g

Mono fat 0.4g

Poly fat 0.2g

A serving will probably fill you up, and even if it doesn't and you have more, you can't get much better than that. :eek:

Everytime I've gone on holidays since being banded, I've lost weight despite eating out and enjoying food, and drinking alcohol most days.

I think its becuase we're on the go and busy - so there goes the snacking and nibbling between meals. And with a band, well it doesnt make much difference whether you eat out or eat at home, you still cant eat much!

Plus I always run daily even when I'm away and there's usually TONS of walking and swimming/body surfing etc, just a heap more incidental activity.

So yeah, I always lose weight.

I arrived back home about 1 a.m. last night. Grand Cayman was terrific (as it always is)! The food - was even more enjoyable with the band, believe it or not! I guess b/c I have a better appreciation. I just don't know.

Anyway, weighed in this a.m. - and I am showing a 2 pound weight LOSS. Yup, and I am PROUD!

The only thing I did do which isn't so great - is have my 'crunchies' every day. Each night before dinner, I'd snack on chips and dip, tortilla chips, etc. And I also did NOT drink all of my Water each day. So...I wasn't a perfect bandster by far. But I held my own!!!

So you enjoyed the lobster? I would think lobster would be a great food. High in Protein. Just skip the butter dip. Proud of you for losing two pounds. That's wonderful.

Nope; no lobster - as I knew it would be a waste of $$$ considering how expensive it is down there.

I did eat for dinners:

Cracked Conch (appetizer)

Mahi Mahi

Sashimi; twice!!!

salad w/chicken

pizza...yup. Well, I tried. I had 1.5 pieces of a 12" pie.

Scallops

So I had some good stuff.