Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had an easy recovery. Very few problems. I have lost about 40 pounds in less than 2 month and I am pretty happy with that. I keep losing about 2.5 pounds per week. I have discovered that Soups are my best friend and that I cannot tolerate anything with added sugar. I cannot handle red meat either unless it is meatball or something extremely soft like that. My typical lunch is two spoonful of mashed potatoes with a spoonful or two of canned tuna or a half a cup of chicken Soup. I don't really have any desire to eat cakes and candies because I know that it won't end well. I love this! This is the reason I chose bypass.

Hi! I had my bypass on 9/5. I am 5'11' and in February i was over 285 lbs. On September the 5th, thanks to the pre-op diet i reached 250 lbs (-35lb in 7 months). I also became fully vegan in June. These past two months, since my surgery day, have been really interesting to me. Bean Soups are my best friends as well. I can have 1 full cup of them easily. I still drink 1 plant based Protein Shake a day (breakfast) and/or 1 plant based Protein Bar a day. I can eat more than I expected, and I tolerate small amount of sugar and fat. When i eat solid food, unless it is crunchy i can tolerate less than half a cup. I hurted my self 2-3 times by eating too fast and it was a very unpleasant sensation. I keep track of nutrients and calories. My surgeon is impressed by the fact that I daily reach around 70g of Proteins in less than 1000kcal. I am pretty happy. This morning my weight was 199 (-51 lbs in two months, - 86 since February) and I am about to get ready for my cycling class. Tomorrow I have another checkup and I'll go through some blood tests and stuff and I am confident they will be great. The past one were perfect and I have no issue with my Vitamins or Water input. Good luck to all of you. Here a couple of picture of before/after IMG_8913.JPG IMG_9112.JPG

I have had an easy recovery. Very few problems. I have lost about 40 pounds in less than 2 month and I am pretty happy with that. I keep losing about 2.5 pounds per week. I have discovered that Soups are my best friend and that I cannot tolerate anything with added sugar. I cannot handle red meat either unless it is meatball or something extremely soft like that. My typical lunch is two spoonful of mashed potatoes with a spoonful or two of canned tuna or a half a cup of chicken Soup. I don't really have any desire to eat cakes and candies because I know that it won't end well. I love this! This is the reason I chose bypass.

Keep it up!!! Congratulations on your hard work. It's also one of the reasons I chose the bypass as well.

Sent from my Moto G Play using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi! I had my bypass on 9/5. I am 5'11' and in February i was over 285 lbs. On September the 5th, thanks to the pre-op diet i reached 250 lbs (-35lb in 7 months). I also became fully vegan in June. These past two months, since my surgery day, have been really interesting to me. Bean Soups are my best friends as well. I can have 1 full cup of them easily. I still drink 1 plant based Protein Shake a day (breakfast) and/or 1 plant based Protein bar a day. I can eat more than I expected, and I tolerate small amount of sugar and fat. When i eat solid food, unless it is crunchy i can tolerate less than half a cup. I hurted my self 2-3 times by eating too fast and it was a very unpleasant sensation. I keep track of nutrients and calories. My surgeon is impressed by the fact that I daily reach around 70g of Proteins in less than 1000kcal. I am pretty happy. This morning my weight was 199 (-51 lbs in two months, - 86 since February) and I am about to get ready for my cycling class. Tomorrow I have another checkup and I'll go through some blood tests and stuff and I am confident they will be great. The past one were perfect and I have no issue with my Vitamins or Water input. Good luck to all of you. Here a couple of picture of before/after IMG_8913.JPG.04013a41263e2ebc65e2e1af5ab3b8d9.JPG IMG_9112.JPG.578e3f1fa5d820184b8cf0faa1fae385.JPG

You are looking amazing! Congratulations on it all working so well for you!

Sent from my Moto G Play using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello everyone, today is 7 weeks for me 9/18 surgery date. Recovery was very easy. I eat a lot of Turkey burgers, eggs, chicken and tuna mostly. I made spinach quiche on soft a lot it so good and easy to get down without the crust of course also added turkey sauage (blended it first). I find myself not having to problems with food sometimes chicken isn't the best choice. I'm struggling with getting my liquids in. I wasn't a big drinker of any beverage before surgery so I find myself falling into bad habits of only getting in about 32 oz a day. All my boots are so loose around my calves I use to couldn't find that many that would even fit around them. I'm losing about 2-3 lbs a week. I'm 4'10 start 218, surgery 207 and current 188.9.

20171106_053948.jpg 3071.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Love seeing all the updates!! My surgery was 9/1, doing really well, just experiencing some depression and am very fatigued.

Image1511380829.865955.jpg

Bypass: 9/1/17

HW: 262

SW: 258

CW: 205

GW: 160

Hi guys 👋👋👋👋

It's been over a year since we've had our surgery🎉🎉🎉 hows everyone doing?

I am 2lbs away from my goal weight but been plateau'd since July!!!! Very frustrating!! On a more positive note I have spoken to my nutritionist who has advised I've lost 92% of my excess weight which is way better than they expected.

This is the best decision I have ever made! Feeling so blessed