Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is it just me

ok, so i am really going to put this out there in hopes of getting some support/advice/you-poor-thing/it will get betters....lol maybe even a buck-up cupcake or two...just having a hard time the last couple days.

i feel like crap. it has been one week since surgery and i just feel like crap. usually, in the mornings, i feel pretty good. but by afternoon, i just want to curl up in a ball and cry. my stomach hurts. i am sip sip sippin all i can, which is about nothing. i have these weird burp/hiccup things that are kinda stuck, but will occansionaly come up..either way, it hurts. gas-x isnt working. tums isnt working. i had an allergic reaction to the damn adhesive on the bandages covering my incisions and now i have big red welts across my stomach that hurt/itch.

yes, i am being a whiny-ass baby.

i know i wont feel this way when i am feeling better, farther out...i know i can make it. but right now, i am thinkin, WHAT HAVE I DONE? i know my mind is playin serious games with me. why cant i deal better? i knew this was gonna be hard, but not freakin like this. my does my stomach hurt so much? why am i so tired?

well, thanks for listening to me whine. i could go on and on, but this has been embarassing enough...

this too shall pass. my surgery was the same day as yours. i feel great. i amd sipping on a strawberry smoothie at my sons football practice. i just came back from my one week follow-up. my doctor gave me high five. my wt loss to date is 22lbs. i do have to admit i had the same feelings you have last week. i was screaming what have i done to myself. hang in there you will be so happy.

Want so bad,

its not just you!!!! i really want to cry as i type, i am in so much gas pain, iam walking, and walking but nothing is happening, every time i try to drink something my throat to my stomach cramps up and i cant swallow, i believe i have gas b/c i cant fill my stomach, and i cant fill my stomach b/c i have gas!!! gas x is a joke, phayzyme is not great either, and iam sooo hungry!!!! oh lord i was never this hungry before.....what have i done???????

Hang in there. I was banded on the 3rd, and today is the first day that I have actually felt human. I went to bed last night in so much pain, gas and muscle from around the port. This morning I was up and out of bed headed for the bathroom, and I had to stop. Wait, did I just get out of bed without having to roll and gingerly pull myself up? Yes I did!! As bad as was yesterday, It's almost completely gone today.

ok, so i am really going to put this out there in hopes of getting some support/advice/you-poor-thing/it will get betters....lol maybe even a buck-up cupcake or two...just having a hard time the last couple days.

i feel like crap. it has been one week since surgery and i just feel like crap. usually, in the mornings, i feel pretty good. but by afternoon, i just want to curl up in a ball and cry. my stomach hurts. i am sip sip sippin all i can, which is about nothing. i have these weird burp/hiccup things that are kinda stuck, but will occansionaly come up..either way, it hurts. gas-x isnt working. tums isnt working. i had an allergic reaction to the damn adhesive on the bandages covering my incisions and now i have big red welts across my stomach that hurt/itch.

yes, i am being a whiny-ass baby.

i know i wont feel this way when i am feeling better, farther out...i know i can make it. but right now, i am thinkin, WHAT HAVE I DONE? i know my mind is playin serious games with me. why cant i deal better? i knew this was gonna be hard, but not freakin like this. my does my stomach hurt so much? why am i so tired?

well, thanks for listening to me whine. i could go on and on, but this has been embarassing enough...

Surgery and RECOVERY are a tough road. I can relate to the hiccups and burps. Man it is painful. I talked to my doctor, and he said it was no big deal. Make sure you are getting enough calories, because your body can not heal on zero calories. If you get weaker in the afternoon it probably means that you are tired. GASX did not work for me either...it was crap! The only thing that works is walking. Take care of yourself. Rest, eat, (I mean sip), and walk.

:hug:

No, it's not just you. Surgery is a breeze, but recovery is a b*tch! My first postop day I wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Today is better. Has it really only been 2 days? Wow. I lay around drugged up on Lortab all morning on the sofa, and then the gas was building up, so I dressed (waistband - ouchie) and went outdoors and slowly walked this path around my house that is a mile! I'm talking slooooooowly. My neighbors were looking at me like "what the hell?" haha! After that my stomach was rumbling like crazy and all that pent up gas came ripping loose, yay!

The worst part for me is my 7 year old grandson (who lives with me) is totally oblivious to my pain and feelings of utter vulnerability. I know he's too little to understand that I want everybody to get FAR FAR away from me and not do anything that might result in me getting clobbered with a toy, stepped on, tripped over, etc. Even my cat wants to climb on my belly and "make biscuits" with her paws (as she's done every day for years) and that freaks me out! I can't wait until the tenderness goes away and I feel like a human being again instead of a monster!

Want So Bad - I'm kinda of with you. I was banded 10/4 too and I'm so kinda of disgusted with myself b/c I thought I would wake-up by now feeling 100% me and I'm not. We could look at it this way, it could be LAST THURSDAY and that wasn't fun except for the drugs! So we have progressed!

I have those hiccuppy things too. They just started last night. What the $%^# is that about?

I vote we have a pity party until Midnight Thursday than get over ourselves! Anyone else having a hard time feel free to join in!

well, last night i had some cream of potato Soup, minus the chunks of course. and when i say some, i think maybe like 6 spoonfuls. but omg it was heaven. and i felt better. i also went for a walk, and, although i was huffin and puffin after, it was good.

i am feelin kinda better today. not so desperate. still have the hiccupy things, wtf is that? but last night i burped some hellaious burps and, even though they kinda hurt, was SO relieved!

i also figured out last night i could drink a little more w/ each swallow then i was and i was ok. that has been a huge relief today as well. last night i mixed a little white grape juice w/ Water and it was really good. kind of a nice change. every time i got up with the baby, i drank a few swallows.

i have some belly achin today, but nothin like yesterday yet.

oh, i have a question...i was kind of lactose intolerate before, but now am really really bad. anyone had soy milk? any suggestions which ones to try? that lactaid crap isnt helpin AT ALL! no wonder i feel dehydrated..the rate at which it goes in and it just comes right back out! lol.

glad to hear i wasnt alone in my misery. i know we can do this fellow tenacious ones! buck up cupcake, and keep on ridin.....

hope everyone else is having a better day

Want so bad, I can't gag soy milk down. But if I had to I'd much rather have the flavored kind, cause the non flavored is just weird. I think it is a texture issue for me also cause it is kinda thick and gritty-to me anyways. I am not lactos intolorant thank goodness, but I tried soy milk cause it is supposed to be really good for you. I can say that the soy Creamer for coffee (the vanilla flavored kind) is awsome. It is already sweetened and make your coffee really good, no need to add sugar or sweetnlow. I haven't had it in a while so I can't tell you anything about the nutritional or sugar content on it-sorry. Also, it is normal to feel tired after your surgery cause your body is not getting all those calories you are used to, and it is trying to heal. I also had the welts from the surgical tape they put over my incisions. I had nylon stiches in mine and almost scratched them out. I know you aren't supposed to scratch, but I was going mad with the itching. I couldn't take it one day and got some of my hubby's anti-itch gel-let me tell you that stuff worked wonders. It is the Bandaide brand anti-itch gel that is mentholated, it is for bug bites I think. The menthol really put an end to the itch. Once it wore off, I was slathering back up. Finally the welts and itching went away after about 3 days, my skin where the welts were had big dry Patches but that went away after about 2 weeks. Try that gel, please! I know you are going crazy!!

I had my surgery the 1st and had to stay in the hospital a day. The first 4 days I felt like I had been ran over by a bus and I could not sleep because of gas pain and pacing the floor, but on day 5 I got out of bed with out much pain and I feel a little better every day!!

I went back to work on the 9th, I was very tired and sore every night when I got home, but I had to be there because my bank merged Friday and I am the assistant manager. But, I am glad I was forced to get out there and myself back to normal life and on with my new skinny self!!!

The thing that is making me crazy now is these badages that are supposed to (fall off) yeah right. Today is day 12 and most of them are still on. I have made up my mind that they need help (falling off) so I am taking them off today LOL.

I was banded on the 11th. I also have felt like I was run over by a bus! I have been SOOOO hungry. I think the hunger pains have been worse than the gas and incision pains. I guess I finally know what it is like to be really hungry, because I have never had such bad hunger pains. I'm on Clear Liquids until Tuesday. I can't wait to have milk, pudding, Protein Shakes etc! Also, I feel like I can only take tiny sips. Everything hurts when it goes down. Even Water feels like it gets stuck, then I get a pain, then it goes down. I'm having a hard time getting 64 ounces in me...

I have been having those hiccup things too...they are uncomfortable, but they are often followed by a burp which feels good. I have actually not had any chest pain from gas, but I do feel it rumbling around in my belly which is just weird cuz it does it ALL the time. :) My two biggest complaints have been light-headedness and dizziness (yesterday mainly), and incision pain (where the port is). Getting up and down from the couch is no fun at all!

Also, I have been having left calf pain, but no redness, swelling, or warmth to the touch. My mom is a nurse and she said it's probably nothing, just maybe from the way I was laying and/or not getting as much Water as I normally do. I'm not that worried about it, I have been walking alot and have followed the doctor's instructions to the letter...but anyone have any opinions?

Mostly, I feel good but tired. No hunger yet, thank goodness!

Hope you all are getting along well and good luck to those still waiting!!

Jenne

I was banded on 10/11 and can say that I feel like crap. The incision sites are sore, but I have had nausea and, of course, nothing going in means nothing coming up (if you get my drift). Dry heaves...yuck.

Nothing sounds appetizing to me and keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the long run.

Gotta run!

Sue