Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved in Kaiser Richmond a few days ago, July 26th. You are going to love the support team there. Whose your surgeon?

Hi Dimples58,

I'm in the early stages of getting weight loss surgery at Kaiser Richmond, CA. I went to the orientation in June 2017 and I met Dr. Im in July. He gave me a goal of 14 lbs to lose and I meet with the psychologist in about three weeks. I hadn't really decided whether or not I was going to have the procedure done but after researching the pros and cons of having the sleeve I've decided to proceed. I'm having so many emotions- excited, fearful, worried and sometimes I second guess whether or not I should have it at all. But in my heart I really feel it needs to be done so that I dont have the option to overeat or eat my feelings and I'm forced to deal with them and get healthy overall.

Can you tell me more about your experience with Kaiser Richmond, I'd really appreciate your insight.

Thanks!!!!

I was sleeved in Kaiser Richmond a few days ago, July 26th. You are going to love the support team there. Whose your surgeon?

Sorry I'm late. I have Braggs I think that's how you spell it I meet with him on the 22

Hi Dimples58,
I'm in the early stages of getting weight loss surgery at Kaiser Richmond, CA. I went to the orientation in June 2017 and I met Dr. Im in July. He gave me a goal of 14 lbs to lose and I meet with the psychologist in about three weeks. I hadn't really decided whether or not I was going to have the procedure done but after researching the pros and cons of having the sleeve I've decided to proceed. I'm having so many emotions- excited, fearful, worried and sometimes I second guess whether or not I should have it at all. But in my heart I really feel it needs to be done so that I dont have the option to overeat or eat my feelings and I'm forced to deal with them and get healthy overall.
Can you tell me more about your experience with Kaiser Richmond, I'd really appreciate your insight.
Thanks!!!!

Thanks for responding. I had my orientation June as well and met with dr IM July too. They seem to schedule the appointed a month out.
So far so good. Ive been doing research outside of the binder. Weighing the pros and cons and I'm ready.
I'm so anxious I hope they don't give me some crazy number to lose pre Op. I swear I've been on a diet 2 weeks and the scale hasn't moved.

I wonder were you in the same class as me.

@Dimples58 how much weight did you have to lose. ?

How are you feeling now?

I'm curious if they give you x amount of weight to lose. Does that have to be all off before surgery , do they just keep rescheduling you ? I wish I could meet with the surgeon before 8/22

6 minutes ago, ChocPretty said:

Thanks for responding. I had my orientation June as well and met with dr IM July too. They seem to schedule the appointed a month out.
So far so good. Ive been doing research outside of the binder. Weighing the pros and cons and I'm ready.
I'm so anxious I hope they don't give me some crazy number to lose pre Op. I swear I've been on a diet 2 weeks and the scale hasn't moved.

I wonder were you in the same class as me.

Maybe we were in the class together :D I think I went June 24th for Orientation. I went to meet with Dr.Im on July 23 and was given 14 lbs to lose. Based on my research it seems that they generally give you 5% of your starting weight to lose -I'm no expert so I could be wrong- I'm going through the same thing as well. I've lost weight before but at this point I've been having so much anxiety I want to eat everything more than ever. I'm trying to turn things around. Wish me luck!

Maybe we were in the class together [emoji3] I think I went June 24th for Orientation. I went to meet with Dr.Im on July 23 and was given 14 lbs to lose. Based on my research it seems that they generally give you 5% of your starting weight to lose -I'm no expert so I could be wrong- I'm going through the same thing as well. I've lost weight before but at this point I've been having so much anxiety I want to eat everything more than ever. I'm trying to turn things around. Wish me luck!

I just looked at my calendar. I went on July 20 dang. I was gone say lets take this journey together lol. I'm so nervous yet anxious. I keep reading 10% of the weight I'm like Oh lord. I just I'm just worrying to death I have to wait and see what he says.

The case manager that led the class said that it's usually takes 2-4 months to get surgery it's all up to us. I'm hoping for sept but i seems the appointments are 3-4 weeks apart so I'm not sure.

And yes !!! Best of luck.

10 minutes ago, ChocPretty said:

I'm curious if they give you x amount of weight to lose. Does that have to be all off before surgery , do they just keep rescheduling you ? I wish I could meet with the surgeon before 8/22

Dr. Im told me that I have to lose 14 lbs which is about 5% of my starting weight. He scheduled the appointment with the Psychologist but he said they won't schedule the appointment with the Dietitian until I've lost the 14 lbs and its the Dietitian schedules the surgery. He also told me that you have to maintain the weight loss until the surgery date. So nervous anxious...damn everything. Going back to gym in the morning

Dr. Im told me that I have to lose 14 lbs which is about 5% of my starting weight. He scheduled the appointment with the Psychologist but he said they won't schedule the appointment with the Dietitian until I've lost the 14 lbs and its the Dietitian schedules the surgery. He also told me that you have to maintain the weight loss until the surgery date. So nervous anxious...damn everything. Going back to gym in the morning

Hmmm they had our dietician at our orientation and the case manager said that we got a 2-for-1. She went over meal plans , foods and all the stages. Everything. The case manager said she schedules the appts. After we meet the therapist. She said always bring your binder because you never know.

They weighed us.
Met Dr Im he went over the diff surgeries.
Met the therapist and he told us what's he expects and have the forms filled out.
Then we met the dietician

But no telling I filled out all the forms and the quiz so I don't have to rush and do anything last min. She said that half the people never have the forms and they reschedule people of not completed.