Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I make shakes w/unflavored Protein (unjury) mix with yogurt & fresh or frozen fruit and bananas - yummy... I use that Protein Powder more than i do my chocolate... I never had a problem drinking Water even after surgery but i think that 1st week i did take sips -- only after my 1st fill did i have to slow down and now that's gone - I can gulp Water.

Can't wait for my 2nd fill - What is your doc's diet 3 days mushies then to soft?? That's pretty good - - I had 10 days full liquids - 10 days pureed - 10 days soft and then regular.

Truely though i eat mostly soft food t 90% of the time. I have to go back to full liquids the 1st week after a fill - i find if i make home made Soup i do ok - i can't stand the canned stuff after a couple of days.

I really need to check out the unflavored Protein. Have you heard of a protein that you can sprinkle on your food, instead of making a shake? I can't seem to find out what that is.

Here is my diet post op diet:

at least 3 days - Clear Liquids *crystal light, sugar free kool aid, wylers lite, diet lemonade, Propel, diet V8, Ocean spray light, Decaf coffee/tea and Protein Shakes

After 3 days I could add thicker liquids.. sugar free pudding, yogurt, skim milk sugar free hot cocoa, low fat cream Soups.. plus the Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids.

I will be on this until my doc appointment, which is one week pre op... this is when i will be advanced to a "blended" diet... which is pretty much food that can be broken down and liquified. I'll find out more what exactly that is on Wednesday. I do know that after I can tolerate the blended foods 3x a day.. i will be able to move to soft foods.. which includes fish, tender chicken, soft cook veggies. (No breads, cereals, raw veggies, or fruit with skins, fried foods, tough meat, nuts or seeds)

I really need to check out the unflavored Protein. Have you heard of a Protein that you can sprinkle on your food, instead of making a shake? I can't seem to find out what that is.

Here is my diet post op diet:

at least 3 days - clear liquids *crystal light, sugar free kool aid, wylers lite, diet lemonade, Propel, diet V8, Ocean spray light, Decaf coffee/tea and protein shakes

After 3 days I could add thicker liquids.. sugar free pudding, yogurt, skim milk sugar free hot cocoa, low fat cream soups.. plus the Protein Shakes and clear liquids.

I will be on this until my doc appointment, which is one week pre op... this is when i will be advanced to a "blended" diet... which is pretty much food that can be broken down and liquified. I'll find out more what exactly that is on Wednesday. I do know that after I can tolerate the blended foods 3x a day.. i will be able to move to soft foods.. which includes fish, tender chicken, soft cook veggies. (No breads, cereals, raw veggies, or fruit with skins, fried foods, tough meat, nuts or seeds)

Lori you can use the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury protein powder in your food - you just can't heat above 130 degrees... I put it i my coffee some morings - put it in my Soups - but you gotta let them cool down some - 1 scoop is 20 grms of protein... it makes it easy to get all your protein in - I am required to get minimum of 60 daily.. Once you get to add foods to your healthly eating plan it's not hard to get your protien in - 1 oz = 7 grm pt...

Great! Can I buy that at the grocery market, or Walmart?

I think at a health food or vitiman store I don't think at the regular stores I ordered mine off the internet Welcome to the unjury Homepage

Great! Can I buy that at the grocery market, or Walmart?

I just noticed we have the same ticker - good taste :)

As I read all about people and rashes, it reminds me of my sister post-hysterectomy. She was allergic to the pain meds and was itching like mad. Prickly heat type rash.

I am fine now. Just would like to be more on track with the food. I can eat anything and I don't think that is good. I had my first fill on 9/20/07.

Chris

As I read all about people and rashes, it reminds me of my sister post-hysterectomy. She was allergic to the pain meds and was itching like mad. Prickly heat type rash.

I am fine now. Just would like to be more on track with the food. I can eat anything and I don't think that is good. I had my first fill on 9/20/07.

Chris

Chris - Just cuz you can eat everything does give you permission to.. Remember why you were banded - Try and make healthly food choice - remember this is a lifestyle change and not a diet.. Don't keep the junk you like to eat in the house - stock up on the good food - distract yourself when you want to eat - don't give in to is - go for a walk..

75% of the work is up to you... You can do it !!! You went through all the hassle to get banded, so that shows me your determanation you can do this....

Lori,

Hi, my name is Molly and I have not had surgery yet, but my doctor requires two weeks of liquids before surgery. I am probably three weeks away from surgery so I am shopping for all my stuff like Vitamins, Protein, etc...

My nutritionist recommends a nearly flavorless Protein powder called Designer whey which is available at GNC. GNC sells Designer whey in many flavors, but you would want the one called Natural. I was told that you can sprinkle it into your yogurt, pudding, oatmeal, etc... as a way to get all the Protein you need. I purchased it and will start experimenting this week even though I will not be on strictly liquids until the following week. I am worried because the premixed Protein drinks are not doing anything for me, they almost make me gag as a matter of fact.

Good luck to you...

Indiogirl - Thanks.. I'm going to checkout the website and see about getting some to try. It's a nice alternative from the shakes everyday.

MollyBrown - Let me know how that Protein is, I'd like an opinion before i purchase it. Good luck with the liquid diet. :eek: