Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so tired of Water. So tired, in fact, that I drink mostly Crystal Light and Propel, and sometimes I indulge with a BAI (which has only 5 calories and is sooo good.) But, I wonder, could that be the reason behind my hard core stall? (I don't drink enough Fluid and I am going to go back to an all fluid diet for two days to see if that breaks my stall, advice from doctor and nutritionist, FYI.) Could Crystal Light be hampering my weight loss and not helping? Should I go back and just drink plain water? My weight loss plan encourages Crystal Light and Propel so you won't feel boxed in by water, but I would love to hear if it has hurt/helped anyone else.

I can go back to plain water. I will hate it and feel punished by life (lol) but I will. LOL

You could just be at your first stall. It will pass. I drink Water, water with fruit in in to add some flavor (some lemon, cukes and basil, strawberry, etc.) VitaminWater Zero, Crystal Light, Powerade Zero, Bai, iced tea, iced coffee, regular tea, regular coffee, all of which my plan OKs. Work the plan and be patient. You are only about a month out - and you are making amazing progress. Put one foot in front of the other - change up your workout routine - that might help, too.

coffee? My plan doesn't allow that for another week when I hit the 6-week mark. Not sure why, they just said to wait. Perhaps they think my stomach won't tolerate it. Maybe. I miss it. Mmmmm... coffeeeeee....

Thanks for the advice. I just started working out last week, finished my first week of workouts, and my personal trainer is changing it for me every day. So I think that part is good. I'll be patient.

I don't think crystal light etc is causing the stall. The calories are negligible.
I'm only two months out and have hit two stalls. Then I'll drop a few lbs. definitely be patient. You're not doing anything wrong!
BTW, having coffee was my happiest moment! I missed it so much!

I sooo miss it! I'm so glad to hear about your stalls... not wishing it on anyone else but just happy that I'm not alone on this journey!

I can't wait for the coffee!!! LOL

I learned to look at stalls like changing gears in an old car. Sometimes it took a while to get the thing in gear, you had to let off the gas and put down the clutch. The forward motion continued but slowed for a while. When the new gear kicked in it had more torque to continue on.

You eventually got to your destination if you didn't turn the engine off. The surgery, diet, exercise WILL get you there!

I am so tired of Water. So tired, in fact, that I drink mostly Crystal Light and Propel, and sometimes I indulge with a BAI (which has only 5 calories and is sooo good.) But, I wonder, could that be the reason behind my hard core stall? (I don't drink enough Fluid and I am going to go back to an all fluid diet for two days to see if that breaks my stall, advice from doctor and nutritionist, FYI.) Could Crystal Light be hampering my weight loss and not helping? Should I go back and just drink plain water? My weight loss plan encourages Crystal Light and Propel so you won't feel boxed in by water, but I would love to hear if it has hurt/helped anyone else.
I can go back to plain water. I will hate it and feel punished by life (lol) but I will. LOL

What is BAI?

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

BAI is a low calorie drink, 5 calories, fruit infused. It's very good. A nice break from Water.

Yes! Try the Clementine one! It's amazing!

Crystal light won't affect the stall. The stall is your body's way of adjusting. Mine lasted two and a half weeks and some have lasted up to several months for others. You want to up Protein and be patient. I drank Crystal Light and still do but alternate between that and plain water, with plain water being my main source of liquid. You shouldn't have any restriction on liquid at all.

I did cut out the Protein Shake, which helped me, not sure how much meat you eat so feel unsure you want to cut that out. Walking more now helps, and I'm losing a pound a day. I have no issues, even eating one small scoop of ice cream with a cookie last night, and waking up a pound and a half lighter. (First and last time eating ice cream for a long time, I had no dumping syndrome.)

The stalls are hard but normal. There is no dreaded "three week stall", it's just one of several plateaus you will hit.

I will say you may wish to not drink crystal light due to fake sweetener that's in it, still having said that I drink it once in a while when water is too redundant.

I personally don't think you ought to return to all fluids - you need to eat every three or so hours to keep your metabolism working. It's the yo-yo dieting that ruined the ability to lose to begin with. Just stick with 1-2 oz of food. Measure out 4oz, put half away and eat when you feel hungry.

My doctor told me to expect a severe stall after I started solid food and that's exactly what I got.

I'm down 53 pounds since May 1st.

Good luck.