Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a few questions. I am one-week post op tomorrow! I had a really rough first couple days, I had a blood clot in my hand and was allergic to all the pain medications. But now I am doing pretty well, I am home after 5 days in the hospital and two nights at a friends house, I have pretty good mobility and have finally gotten a good nights sleep! I did have some questions if any Gastric bypassers can help.

First of all, I would love some stage two liquid diet recipes, i got one more week and hate my Protein Shakes.

I am having a little hard time getting my Protein in. I know it's only week one, any suggestions? I think I might meet my goal today, I am trying very hard.

Also i am having a stretching pain on the right side of my belly button, I don't have an incision there, but that is where most my pain is. Just like a sharp kind of stretching pain. ANd a less sharp pain on the left side of my belly button. Is this normal? I just want to make sure I didn't give myself a hernia, trying to move somewhere or stand up.

I would appreciate all your help! I live alone with no family near by and I really appreciate this support system I am starting to build <3

You are okay the first couple of months are tough but after that you will be very happy with your choice. I am 15 months post op and I've lost 165 pounds and feeling great but the first couple of months were very hard! But now I couldn't be happier

Sent from my SM-N910V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hopefully just moving around didn't give you a hernia! (I seriously doubt it did). Things can be weird and sore for the first couple weeks, and as long as the pain is bearable.. kinda like.. ohh, I did too many situps or whatever, no worries. If it becomes like, childbirth.. you can't move, breathe, feel sick because of it.. that's when to start worrying.

In order to get my Protein in (while I was on liquids), every liquid I drank had protein in it until I met my goal, then I'd start on Water and the like. liquids like milk count towards protein and fluid goals, so it knocks them both out at once. In fact, if I started running behind in weeks 3-6, I'd still use that technique.

I'm 3 weeks post op and the only Protein I can do is chocolate Unjury. It's soooo good! Disolvesbto nothing so even in 3 oz of skin milk it tastes like thin chocolate milk. My dr office sells it and u can order it online. All other protien was way too thick and chalky for me. And the weird pains start to go away in a few more weeks.

There's a decent Protein Water. It feels a little thick but goes down okay.

Premier Protein Water, sold at Sams Club, is pretty good and is 20 g Protein. I didn't like the shakes either but you are going to have to choke them down for the next few months because you just can't get enough protein from food in the beginning. If you are using Protein Powder to make shakes, use Fairlife milk to mix them for an extra boost of protein.

I went home on the pureed stage so I could have plain yogurt.

I started putting SF Hershey's Syrup and SF Peppermint Paddy coffee flavoring syrup in my shakes to change up the flavor.

Hang in there it get's better every month!

Sorry you're dealing with early problems but also congrats on starting your journey. I liked wonton Soup in the beginning....I know the sodium was a little high but I had to eat but I didn't do the wontons and I would sip low sodium chicken broth with a lil cayenne pepper for a kick

A friend of mine used Isopure Zero Carb Protein ready to drink instead of some Water when she made Jello. It effectively added 40 grams of protein to her jello. She liked it. I haven't tried it, but I will during my pre-op liquid phase. I have also seen lots of people adding protein to their coffee post-op. If you are drinking broths, try Bone Broth instead of just regular chicken broth. The bone broth that I bought from costco (Pacific organic chicken Bone Broth) has 9g Protein per 8 oz serving. That is 9X more than their regular chicken broth.

Good Luck!

Edited by Jevon
mistype

Thank you guys! i ALSO just had a bad reaction to some medications I was taking, protonix we think I am allergic too, I broke out in terrible hives around my mid-section which I have never had before. The first week I was regretting my decision, but I have already lost 12 lbs so I feel a little better lol. I had my first paind from drinking to fast, ouch! but am doing much better now!

Hi I had Gastric Bypass last week wear your belly binder it helps I know it work wonders for me also try Premier shake they are also all flavors I like chocolate and take small sips Good Luck