Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow..Surgery is tomorrow for you. Let us know how you're feeling.

It's normal to be a little and even sometimes, a lot nervous.

Congratulations. I know you are going to do awesome! Keep us updated

I was sleeved on Thursday 7/13 so today is the 2nd day post op. I feel pretty crummy!! It's hard to get enough Water in, sipping every 10-15 mins while awake works but as I sleep I feel like I end up behind on hydration.

I keep trusting that I'll feel good soon. My abdomen doesn't hurt much, especially when compared to my 2 c sections which were way worse in ab pain. But the pain on the inside of my guts with the sleeve is distressing. At this point I cannot imagine ever eating anything again!!

The liquid pain meds are disgusting and make me wretch but maybe I should continue forcing it down? Any advice welcome!

I didn't do well with liquid Tylenol, so I just let a tablet dissolve or chewed a tablet and sipped it down slowly.

I'm coming back to say things are much better now! By the end of Day 3 post op I was able to drink Water more comfortably. Alternating with crystal light really helped.

By Day 4 I finally felt hungry and wanted to try to eat something besides water and a Protein drink! Went with 3 oz of Tomato Soup and it was the best thing I've eaten in my life. :-) Also went to the gym today for 20 mins on the treadmill which wasn't a spectacular workout but it was something! The day after surgery I worried I'd never feel well enough to exercise again.

i just wanted to make sure and circle back back because I read so many posts before surgery and I think things get skewed to the negative, in part because people forget to come back and say "things are all better now!" So be patient - it's a long ROUGH first 3-4 days but it gets better. At least it has for me.

Sleeved Thursday 7/13 @ 274.6 and finally weighed this morning Monday 7/17 @ 266.4 so that's down 8.2 pounds in 4 days. I'll take it!!!!!

I had my surgery on the 17th. I am doing great with the exception of some pain in my upper right back. Seems like it could be air etc: trapped. Nothing I can't deal with, and am certain it will pass in the next couple of days. I have lost 6 lbs. I only have 13 more to get to goal. ugh....I had the lapland removed. I lost over 60 lbs with that. I can tell this is 100% better then the lapland. I never thought I would say this, but my concern is loosing too much weight. I see my surgeon on the 26th and then can start some food...lYEAH!!!!

Sleeved 7/18. Have lost 10 lbs. Eating yogurt, Jello and pudding. Trying to drink enough. Feeling blah but getting rest due to the long travel home from surgery and spending 2 days at my sisters before finally getting home yesterday. So nice to be home and see my puppies

IMG_3183.JPG

Sooooo cute!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

I had no pain except gas. Lots of gas. Took a couple days to rid myself of it. Feels like something's pulling from my belly button once in awhile when I get up out of bed but other than that I'm doing great. Now I'm 9 days out and still don't trust a fart. Sorry for the TMI. LOL.

Sent from my LG-H910 using BariatricPal mobile app

They are so cute!!!!!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

I was sleeved on Thursday 7/13 so today is the 2nd day post op. I feel pretty crummy!! It's hard to get enough Water in, sipping every 10-15 mins while awake works but as I sleep I feel like I end up behind on hydration.

I keep trusting that I'll feel good soon. My abdomen doesn't hurt much, especially when compared to my 2 c sections which were way worse in ab pain. But the pain on the inside of my guts with the sleeve is distressing. At this point I cannot imagine ever eating anything again!!

The liquid pain meds are disgusting and make me wretch but maybe I should continue forcing it down? Any advice welcome!

I pretty much feel the exact same way. 2
Days post op...feeling crummy and same as everything else you mentioned.
Can't wait until I am over this hump.

I pretty much feel the exact same way. 2
Days post op...feeling crummy and same as everything else you mentioned.
Can't wait until I am over this hump.

You will. Days 1-5 pretty much sucked for me. Hang in there!

CONGRATS HOPE ALL GOES WELL!!!!

HELPP!!

I am looking to get weight loss surgery which my neurologist said is the best option for me. I have PCOS(Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which makes it extremely hard for me to loss weight. I have been diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, my neurologist is worried about me losing my vision and said and had a significant amount of Fluid on my brain causing a lot of strain on my optic nerves causing my vision changes and loss of vision. I have pain, pressure and headaches all day long. I can't really enjoy anything because of the pain and now I am worried about losing my vision. I have insurance through Wells Fargo which is BCBS Anthem of GA. They require you to do a six month diet. My neurologist said that I should not wait that long to have weight loss surgery as this will help the IIH and PCOS. I called my insurance today and they agreed that it was a serious issues and could talk with my neurologist about waiving the 6 month diet plan. I already have my appointment scheduled for pre-op so hopefully they can get it waived and my psych eval is on Sept 6th so after that hopefully I can schedule surgery. I really hope they see the urgency with this issue as I don't want to do any further damage to my eyes and my neurologist agrees. Has anyone else been through the same issue and getting approved for WLS through insurance? Or experience the same issues?

I had bcbs out of state. I did not have to do the 6 month diet because I didn't live in Maryland. I had to do a psych evaluation, nutrition evaluation and take a bariatric class at the hospital. Start to finish I was approved in 2 months. Bcbs is good.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 197.4 GW 135