Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi There! How much pre-operative preparations were you required to do before the surgery? I ask this because a lot of these questions and concerns are addressed in those prep classes. I didn't have them so I was kind of in the dark.

Your body has gone through a massive trauma. How long is your recovery? 12 weeks? Do you have a post eating plan? You said high Protein Snacks, what does that mean specifically?

You need to be drinking your Protein Shakes, are you on soft foods, solids? YOu should be focusing on whole protein like chicken or fish. Protein chips are a bad way to start this out. So, can you list of us what food stage you are at right now, what your daily meals kind of look like, your Water intake and your exercise? We can help you tweak your day if you give us the data.

I don't see your actual list of what you are eating. We need that to help.

And have you looked at the sodium in the Protein chips? ? You should be aiming towards 90 grams protein per day. Your meals, are they solids? What are you doing?

And if you just eat chips instead of your meals, than yes, you will turn this into a really difficult time. Are you working with a nutritionist? We can help you but we need more information. It sounds to me like you know what the problem is but need help with other suggestions maybe? I'm confused on what help you need.

6 hours ago, Aldean45 said:

My mind keep telling instead of six Protein chip just eat the whole bag. Really need help dont want this to be a waste.

I'm not going to mince words...I suspect you know what to do, but perhaps your compulsion to snack is keeping you from staying on plan. There's no way you should be grazing on chips so early in the game, even if they're protein chips.

You've lost 7 pounds in 2 months. Your progress is to be applauded.

Nonetheless, I think you already know you should focus on real food like lean meat and non-starchy veggies. Eating too many Snacks (even protein snacks) will take you down the path of a 'failed sleeve.'

Here's the caveat...your sleeve will not have failed. Rather, you'll fail your sleeve by not adhering to your meal plan. A gastric sleeve is a beautiful tool, but only if utilized properly.

Good luck to you. You can tackle this issue if you conjure up the motivation.

Edited by Introversion

Just to add to what @Introversion is saying. If you are snacking all the time, are you keeping the food and Water time delay as you should. Wait at least 30 min (preferably longer) to drink after you have eaten.